Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Tonight! Where to go? - Restaurant & Eating Out Recommendations for NCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Stheno wrote: »
    Went to the Seamus Ennis art centre for brunch today, it was lovely. I'm convinced they did themselves on the bill, a breakfast, a blt, two coffees, three lattes and a slice of brack came to 19.90. They checked it a couple of times and said the extra coffees went down as refills rather than full price and seemed happy with it.

Will be checking out some of their events they seem to have a great programme

Aye their coffee refill policy is great, they give you proper coffee, not filter crap on it as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I had lunch in J2 yesterday: lovely fresh sushi, amazingly delicate pieces of salmon. Friends had deluxe bento boxes and declared them excellent. I will be back.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Had tapas in GFP in Swords Saturday night. We ordered way too much as we thought the portion size would be smalish like Bon appetite. The food was great tho and staff lovely. Great drinks selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Lead wrote:
    Had tapas in GFP in Swords Saturday night. We ordered way too much as we thought the portion size would be smalish like Bon appetite. The food was great tho and staff lovely. Great drinks selection too.

It's a place we enjoy a lot. They do a very reasonably priced red wine called "Doppio ".

Not quite "Dinner tonight " etc, but just wondering if anyone knows of an breakfast venues reasonably close to Malahide Castle that would open early on Saturday morning after the Darkness into Light walk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

rushfan wrote: »
    Not quite "Dinner tonight " etc, but just wondering if anyone knows of an breakfast venues reasonably close to Malahide Castle that would open early on Saturday morning after the Darkness into Light walk?

Sorry dont know any in Malahide but for anyone doing this in Skerries next Saturday. Brasco had on there facebook that they would be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Homer

Anybody been down to the new restaurant in the castle shopping centre in swords yet? The Grill House..

the-grill-house.jpg

BYOB and a middle eastern style cuisine.. Really looking forward to trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Homer wrote: »
    Anybody been down to the new restaurant in the castle shopping centre in swords yet? The Grill House..

Meh the place before it was the exact same in terms of cuisine and byob and didn't last long. It's tiny. Nothing ever survives in that particular location.

The last place (and I wonder if the owners are the same or related somehow) was nice but limited in its offerings and I just don't see a byob style restaurant doing well in Swords tbh. That location as I said is fairly cursed anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

rushfan wrote: »

Seomra Tae on the Main Street open at 8.30, but that probably won't be early enough for you. Coffee Scene are open at 8am. The Grand Hotel serve breakfast from 7.30 at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Any recommendations for a good coffee in/around Swords?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dord wrote: »

Gourmet Food Parlour in North Street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Greenstraw on main st. Good for breakfast/lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It's just a rebranding of the previous Little Jerusalem, same owner/staff/menu.

That location is just not the best, Taste of America which was in there before was excellent in terms and food but sadly closed over night.

Greenstraw on main st. Good for breakfast/lunch

I absolutely agree, Greenstraw is excellent be it just for a coffee/sweat snack or for breakfast/lunch.

Always happy there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I absolutely agree, Greenstraw is excellent be it just for a coffee/sweat snack or for breakfast/lunch.

Always happy there.

The name put me off thought it was a juice bar will be giving it a try

Stheno wrote: »
    The name put me off thought it was a juice bar will be giving it a try

They do nice juice and smoothies but they have also a nice food menu.

It's not the biggest menu (you won't find an Irish Breakfast) but they do nice salads, sandwiches and their home baked goods are fantastic.

For breakfast, try their pancakes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

They do nice juice and smoothies but they have also a nice food menu.

It's not the biggest menu (you won't find an Irish Breakfast) but they do nice salads, sandwiches and their home baked goods are fantastic.

For breakfast, try their pancakes.

Ah bias confirmed. Breakfast to the oh is a full Irish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

We went down to Pomodorino in Swords last night. Hands down, it was some of the best pizza I've ever had. My wife agreed.
    The restaurant is very small as mentioned, but it is well presented. The staff were friendly and attentive.

We'll definitely go back there!

We went down to Pomodorino in Swords last night. Hands down, it was some of the best pizza I've ever had. My wife agreed.
    The restaurant is very small as mentioned, but it is well presented. The staff were friendly and attentive.

We'll definitely go back there!

Be prepared to be disappointed the next time, it seams that they have excellent service/food one day and the next is really bad and than again it's good.

There does not seam to be consistency in what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We ordered takeaway from Karma Thai in Balbriggan over the weekend as a treat for The Kids for getting up at an ungodly hour to do the Darkness Into Light walk. After waiting longer than usual (with kids getting tired & hangry) I rang the restaurant to hear that the grub had been delivered. It turns out the delivery driver went to the wrong house (easily done up our way) & a neighbour took our dinner (already paid for online!). :mad:

Anyway, this is a big shout out to the manager & staff in Karma Thai for getting a replacement order up to 4 hangry Billys in double quick time! Really appreciated! :)

• Advertisement

Some neighbours :mad: I would like to think if someone rang my bell with a take away that I didn't order that I would ask them to check the address or ring the take away to confirm and not just take it in :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Some neighbours :mad: I would like to think if someone rang my bell with a take away that I would ask them to check the address or ring the take away to confirm and not just take it in :confused:

You would think that but that's the way society had become. Fair play to the take away. Bet the driver got a telling off

Hopefully the neighbours who ate it got heartburn :D

Hopefully the neighbours who ate it got heartburn :D
    and a dose of the delhi belly just for good measure :D

I think I'd be casually enquiring from said neighbour as to why he took it in. Quite a sliabheen move really.

I was fit to be tied on Saturday night! But it turns out that it was someone elderly who may not be in a good frame of mind. So I decided just to say nothing.

I was fit to be tied on Saturday night! But it turns out that it was someone elderly who may not be in a good frame of mind. So I decided just to say nothing.

At, that's fair enough so. Reminds me of a time when I was a lot younger, knock on the door early Sat morning, guy hands me a 4 stone bag of spuds. Thanks, says I, assuming the folks had asked for it to be delivered. While later, he calls back sayin it was for another house at the other end of the road. He probably thought I was an opportunist.

Hahaha! There was enough food to keep this person going for a whole week. The only consolation I have is that if they ate my beef with chilli & Thai basil - they'd be in for a surprise with all of the extra chillis I get put in it. It is not for the faint-hearted! :D

We went to the greenery in malahide tonight for the early bird.

It was lovely and the service was good

Will be back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Went to Nhu Y on Swords main street last night. It's a new Vietnamese restaurant. The food was only ok. 4 of us went and that was the general consensus. The staff are lovely tho. We'd go back again just to see if it's just teething problems with a new place.

Advertisement