Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Tonight! Where to go? - Restaurant & Eating Out Recommendations for NCD

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Went to Shaker and Vine over the weekend. Food was lovely and very reasonably priced. The staff were excellent too. Will definitely be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Felexicon wrote: »
    Went to Shaker and Vine over the weekend. Food was lovely and very reasonably priced. The staff were excellent too. Will definitely be going back.

Aye its my pick of the bunch in Swords now, went there for a late lunch on Paddys day and the food was excellent, they had a trad session on as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I really like Shaker & Vine, but one tiny quibble: their music is always too loud. I've been about 5 times there and each time have had to ask them to turn it down a bit so I could hear my friends talk. They always do...but you'd think they'd learn.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I really like Shaker & Vine, but one tiny quibble: their music is always too loud. I've been about 5 times there and each time have had to ask them to turn it down a bit so I could hear my friends talk. They always do...but you'd think they'd learn.

They may have learned from the feedback because that was not the case at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

My only quibble too.
    Glad to see they may taken on board the feedback though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

For fans of Ruby's - they're having their flash voucher sale tomorrow morning at 10.30 :)
    €100 vouchers for €50, limited to one per person. There's always a queue right up the stairs but it moves quickly.

For fans of Ruby's - they're having their flash voucher sale tomorrow morning at 10.30 :)
    €100 vouchers for €50, limited to one per person. There's always a queue right up the stairs but it moves quickly.

You posted this at 00:01, was the Sale today Saturday or is it tomorrow, Sunday, please?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Inquitus wrote: »
    You posted this at 00:01, was the Sale today Saturday or is it tomorrow, Sunday, please?

Today it's finished now

Stheno wrote: »
    Today it's finished now

Thanks, shame I missed it, though I did see the queue at the Old Schoolhouse for a similar offer a few weeks back, was some impressive amount of people!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks, shame I missed it, though I did see the queue at the Old Schoolhouse for a similar offer a few weeks back, was some impressive amount of people!

Sorry about that, I didn't realise it was so late last night :o

• Advertisement

According to their Facebook page Ko San in Swords have closed "for the foreseeable", citing structural damage. I heard recently that they hadn't been doing too well. Their website is gone which is a bad sign.

Of course I have a gift voucher, as I had for Sagarmatha when they closed. It's like the kiss of death to any local restaurant, buying me a voucher :D
    I'm going after a refund on this one though, because Ko San was owned by the original Mastersons owners so they should be easy enough to track down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭The Davestator

According to their Facebook page Ko San in Swords have closed "for the foreseeable", citing structural damage. I heard recently that they hadn't been doing too well. Their website is gone which is a bad sign.

Of course I have a gift voucher, as I had for Sagarmatha when they closed. It's like the kiss of death to any local restaurant, buying me a voucher :D
    I'm going after a refund on this one though, because Ko San was owned by the original Mastersons owners so they should be easy enough to track down.

One of the most bizarre business decisions to change so drastically I think

One of the most bizarre business decisions to change so drastically I think

Yep, said to my wife at the time that they'll never last, Pink Elephant round the corner been running for years. Camille Thai and Sanuk do great takeaway Thai, and plenty of other restaurants that have Thai on the menu both eat in and takeaway. If I was going to re-brand a restaurant in Swords, Thai would not be on my list.

Yep, said to my wife at the time that they'll never last, Pink Elephant round the corner been running for years. Camille Thai and Sanuk do great takeaway Thai, and plenty of other restaurants that have Thai on the menu both eat in and takeaway. If I was going to re-brand a restaurant in Swords, Thai would not be on my list.

Yep, said the same. you can order lots of types of great food but you cant order a great steak!

Pity, but hopefully they bounce back with something else.

Agree it was a very odd decision to rebrand like that.
    Don't they also own the Italian in the Plaza? Empoli.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Agree it was a very odd decision to rebrand like that.

Didn't think so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

"The Grill House" Swords. Can't beat it imo.

"The Grill House" Swords. Can't beat it imo.

Aye eat in is great, their delivery leaves a lot to be desired sadly. Every time I walk past the smell coming from the kitchen temps me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Their website www.kosan.ie is still up

went to the Wine House on main street last night as my daughter had bought us a voucher.

Very impressed with the food but the service was absolutely outstanding. honestly one of the best service experiences I have ever had..

I had carbonarra which was really great. Wife had pizza which was very good. Garlic bread is very big and tasty.
    Will be back

• Advertisement

Yes, it was called Trentuno back then.
    Their website www.kosan.ie is still up

Ah! I mentioned the fact that it was down on Facebook when I enquired about vouchers the other day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Has anyone tried the Japanese place across from Penneys in Swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Lux23 wrote: »

Yes the sushi is lovely

Seconded. I always mean to try other things but the sushi is so great.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Lux23 wrote: »

Aye I get delivery from them a fair bit, never eaten in, Sushi is good, Bento Boxes are good, the Wok Fried Udon is also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Went to D'Chili Shaker last night in Swords. Absolutely gorgeous. 2 course meal for €14.95 or 3 course meal for €17.95. The place was packed on a Thursday night. The chicken shaslik starter was unreal and both our mains chicken tikka masala and a lamb dish were delicious. The strawberry cheese cake...always a winner. I'd very much recommend it.

We're got a list of the Swords in restaurants and giving rating them on starters, mains and value for money. We're not picky people at all so I'd imagine the ratings are going to be pretty high. I made up a list to get through, it's going to be a tasty few months.

Betsy
    Courtyard Restaurant
    D'Chili Shaker
    Empoli
    Everest Kitchen
    Forty Four Main Street
    Grill House
    Indie Spice Grill
    Old School House
    Peacocks
    Pink Elephant
    Pomodorino
    Rubys
    Shaker and Vine
    Spice of India
    The Cock Tavern
    The Italian Kitchen
    The Plaza
    The Wine House

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I love the food in D'Chili Shaker and the prices are very reasonable, but I've found the service to be really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I love the food in D'Chili Shaker and the prices are very reasonable, but I've found the service to be really slow.

That was the only minor gripe from last night, there were only two waiters as far as we could see. We weren't in any rush and from walking in to leaving I think we were about an hour and twenty minutes. Not too bad.

Betsy - Not tried
    Courtyard Restaurant - Passable not one I would pick off the list
    D'Chili Shaker - Good Indian, better food than Indie Spice but the surroundings are not as nice
    Empoli - Not tried
    Everest Kitchen - Not tried
    Forty Four Main Street - Decent pub grub
    Grill House- Excellent Lebanese, would recommend
    Indie Spice Grill - Good Indian, nice surroundings, D'Chilli Shaker's food is more authentic
    Old School House - Decent pub grub
    Peacocks - Not tried
    Pink Elephant - Passable Thai, not in the same class as say Siam Thai in Malahide
    Pomodorino - Very nice but very pricey for what it is
    Rubys - Not a big fan, mediocre American diner effort
    Shaker and Vine - My current favourite in Swords, excellent food, excellent wine, good service, would highly recomend
    Spice of India - Not tried
    The Cock Tavern - Decent pub grub
    The Italian Kitchen - Not tried
    The Plaza - Good chinese
    The Wine House - Very decent Italian, defo worth repeat visits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

Grill House- Excellent Lebanese, would recommend
    +1. Note, BYOB.

Advertisement