Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb in world dropped on Afghanistan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

bangkok wrote: »
    obama ran a ****ing torture camp in Guantanamo Bay ffs holding prisoners that never went to trial!!!!

You mean the same one that went from 245 prisoners down to 41 under Obama despite opposition this from both his own party and the Republicans? Yeah, it's still open. Trump owns that one now - let's see if numbers go up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Funny how the lefties never bring up Clinton bombing of baby food factories or Obamas never ending oppression through round the clock drone strikes...
    But they all want to chime in when Trump bombs a cave...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Feck:
    The worst part about a shockwave is that it hits you all over, thereby causing trauma on your entire body simultaneously. This alone generates an overload of the nervous system that may be too much to recover from. If that wasn't bad enough, the impact travels in waves through your body, and if powerful enough, will pulverize bones, rupture blood vessels, and even liquefy organs as it passes. All that energy has to go somewhere, so it is absorbed by tissues and bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

GavRedKing wrote: »
    You cant bate a bit of faux outrage.

This wasnt targeted at a city or suburb but a cave network in the mountains.

You rarely hear lefties condemning actual terrorism, only the reaction to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

If there are any children killed here will we see their pictures. If not, why not?

Hopefully the US succeeded in their goal to avoid civilian casualties, unlike ISIS when they first took control of the area where the caves that were just bombed,are located. Did you see pictures of what happened when they started their murderous antics in Achin? ''Daesh guerrillas attracted global attention when they launched their violent activities in Achin for the first time in April, 2015. Martyring tribal elders, beheading people on the charge of having links with the Taliban and capturing hundreds of individuals, Daesh hogged the headlines last year.''

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    As its an active warzone there would have been no presidential approval necessary so the likelihood is he had no hand act nor part in its use. He probably knew about it but to jump to the conclusion he pushed for it is wrong.

I'm sorry but if you're trying to tell me they decided to detonate the biggest non nuclear bomb in the history of the world, that has been in existence for 14 years but never once used because it was seen to be used as a deterrent, without notifying the Commander in Chief beforehand, you need to pull the other one.

You might as well claim it's a mere coincidence that drone strikes are up by more than 400% since he took office, too.

Or that he didn't campaign on the idea of "bombing the sh*t" out of this part of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

A lot of love for ISIS around here.

Not agreeing with collateral damage does not equate to love for ISIS ;) Just putting that out there.

Does anybody even know if there were any civilians in the area, any figures on casualties? How effective was the attack? Or is everything here just speculation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Which part of my comment are you asking me about?

The they in

How many would they have gone on to brutalise and kill if the bomb hadn't been dropped

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Funny how the lefties never bring up Clinton bombing of baby food factories or Obamas never ending oppression through round the clock drone strikes...
    But they all want to chime in when Trump bombs a cave...

One of these is president, the other is not. One of these is relevant to this bombing, the other is not. That deflection chestnut stopped being useful for Trump supporters and apologists months ago, sorry.

The real question is, once the attention diverts back to his dodgy ties with Russia a week or two from now, what will the next step be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but if you're trying to tell me they decided to detonate the biggest non nuclear bomb in the history of the world, that has been in existence for 14 years but never once used because it was seen to be used as a deterrent, without notifying the Commander in Chief beforehand, you need to pull the other one.

You might as well claim it's a mere coincidence that drone strikes are up by more than 400% since he took office, too.

Or that he didn't campaign on the idea of "bombing the sh*t" out of this part of the world.

not saying he wasnt notified. in fact if youll read my post again i speculated he probably was notified. You're trying to push a narrative that hes flicking through catalogs deciding what to drop next and its a falsehood.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

padd b1975 wrote: »
    You rarely hear lefties condemning actual terrorism, only the reaction to it.

Ergo what does that make them?

Pro terrorism and anti western

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The they in

How many would they have gone on to brutalise and kill if the bomb hadn't been dropped

ISIS and the other jihadists named in the article.

Hopefully the US succeeded in their goal to avoid civilian casualties, unlike ISIS when they first took control of the area where the caves that were just bombed,are located. Did you see pictures of what happened when they started their murderous antics in Achin? ''Daesh guerrillas attracted global attention when they launched their violent activities in Achin for the first time in April, 2015. Martyring tribal elders, beheading people on the charge of having links with the Taliban and capturing hundreds of individuals, Daesh hogged the headlines last year.''

Yeah I don't like isis either. Although the US seem OK with them in Syria. However I don't think that bombs of this magnitude can differentiate between civilians and isis

not saying he wasnt notified. in fact if youll read my post again i speculated he probably was notified. You're trying to push a narrative that hes flicking through catalogs deciding what to drop next and its a falsehood.

Billy86s pseudo morality on American imperialism is entirely dependent on who is in office.

Isn't this kind of bomb no different - except in magnitude - to barrel bombs? Effectively unguided munitions. If assad drops barrel bombs on areas riddled with Al nusra, Al Queda, or isis he's accuses of bombing his own people, the US is heroic when it does it.

Does anyone have estimates of how many people were killed? Innocent civilians.

People should now stop complaining about refugees leaving their countries. You stay and America bombs the f*ck out of your country!

Does anyone have estimates of how many people were killed? Innocent civilians.

People should now stop complaining about refugees leaving their countries. You stay and America bombs the f*ck out of your country!

Why would innocent civilians be hanging out in a Daesh cave complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,873 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It was dropped in an isis area. If you were there you were there by choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Ergo what does that make them?

Pro terrorism and anti western

Pretty much.

Russia gets a pass as well usually.

There is no falsehood that he ran on "bombing the sh*t" out of the middle east, or on the fact that drone strikes have gone up by more than 400% since he took office, these are facts. Now while I doubt he sought out the specific bomb because the guy isn't exactly educated on much of any of the aspects of his job, my reckoning is that someone high up in the army suggested it knowing how eager he is for any possible distractions in recent weeks, and he more than happily jumped on the opportunity having seen the 'success' of the Syrian attack on that front.

The bomb has been around for 14 years, yet gets set off in Trump's first 100 days which says all it needs to say. Still, it should keep the Russia talk off his back over Easter weekend, and that's all Trump cares about - Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,873 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'd be more worried about the animals it killed other than Isis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

Daesh cave complex?

is that like the Aillwee cave complex, large and sprawling? surely sheep farmers would be around

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Pretty much.

Russia gets a pass as well usually.

The left yearns to be enslaved by communism or Islam.
    Liberalism is a mental disorder, usually brought on by ignorance born of privilege

PREG1967 wrote: »
    is that like the Aillwee cave complex, large and sprawling? surely sheep farmers would be around

Unless it's the local Spring fair sheep farmers would be spread out over miles.

And I'm sorry to say,a few dead farmers is a small price to pay for the destruction of a Daesh operation.

Remember the people killed in Westminster? Were thier killers concerned with fair play? What about the Egyptian church bombers?

The Shepard can get ta feck as far as I'm concerned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Unless it's the local Spring fair sheep farmers would be spread out over miles.

And I'm sorry to say,a few dead farmers is a small price to pay for the destruction of a Daesh operation.

Remember the people killed in Westminster? Were thier killers concerned with fair play? What about the Egyptian church bombers?

The Shepard can get ta feck as far as I'm concerned

The "shepard" probably was thinking about his evening tea tho. Incinerating him won't add anything to the sum of human achievements. It's like bombing the fcuk out of a wedding because 1 lad playing in the band is a naughty boy. I'm not a fan of indiscriminate killing. I don't hugely care what other "bigger picture" factors come into play.

If a lad from ISIS parks outside my house, checking his phone for snapchat messages and Trumpy slaps a hellfire into his Suzuki, causing me to become "collateral damage", I'm gonna be quite p1ssed off, it has to be said. I'm guessing the Shepherd probably feels the same. Or felt. Before some daft cnut with warped moral inclinations incinerated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Isn't this kind of bomb no different - except in magnitude - to barrel bombs? Effectively unguided munitions. If assad drops barrel bombs on.

His own civilian population and no there not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Not agreeing with collateral damage does not equate to love for ISIS

There was collateral damage? How many innocents were killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Why would innocent civilians be hanging out in a Daesh cave complex?

But the blast had a mile radius. I don't know the area of the bomb, but are there no civilians within a mile radius of it?

If it were just ISIS, then f*ck them and I hope they died slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

But the blast had a mile radius. I don't know the area of the bomb, but are there no civilians within a mile radius of it?

If it were just ISIS, then f*ck them and I hope they died slowly.

It was a precision strike. Pin point accurate. No innocents were harmed in the making of this $300,000,000.00 event. Honest. Well honestish.

Advertisement