Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Guest Service Agent Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭luj

I just sat the assessment today, has anybody else?

Hi, are you for Cork base? We have gone through the process for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

luj wrote: »
    Hi, are you for Cork base? We have gone through the process for Dublin

Yes, I was working all weekend so only now got the chance to read the threads. Good luck with the panel!

Yes, I was working all weekend so only now got the chance to read the threads. Good luck with the panel!

Same to you!

Got the call, did phone interview for position in Cork, got through to next interview which is next week!

Got the call, did phone interview for position in Cork, got through to next interview which is next week!

That's great. Good luck with the interview & keep us posted here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

That's great. Good luck with the interview & keep us posted here!

Tried for this in Dublin to no avail, now working in ground ops in Dublin.
    Can anyone explain to me in old money what this job involves? Is it ground hostess? Are you airside or landslide or both?

i got my call yesterday, i start training on the 20th of March! provided i pass the medical

Hi Aviationman,

Are you finished the training yet? Hope it's going well

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tina Sparkle

I applied for a role a few weeks back (not one of the ones mentioned here) and I received an email link for an online assessment. I haven't logged in to do it yet, as I want make sure I have some quiet time to do it.
    Can anybody give me any tips or advice on the test? What sorts of questions? Is it difficult? I'm really nervous of failing

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I applied for a role a few weeks back (not one of the ones mentioned here) and I received an email link for an online assessment. I haven't logged in to do it yet, as I want make sure I have some quiet time to do it.
    Can anybody give me any tips or advice on the test? What sorts of questions? Is it difficult? I'm really nervous of failing
    I did one for the Guest Service Agent and it was in two parts. First was rating statements in order of importance to you if that makes sense. They said there was no right answers to this part. Second part was time limited and was about pulling information from 6 tabs. Not overly difficult but I ran out of time as I started slow. Think it was 40 questions and I got to 34 or 5.

It's like what Qprmeath says above. The main thing is to complete it in a quiet room with no distractions & don't panic as you won't get to answer them all. You will be fine :)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm just very nervous as it's about 15years since I've been through an application process

Thanks guys, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm just very nervous as it's about 15years since I've been through an application process

Well your not alone there!! You'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheLass

You won't fail - It's as the others said have a quiet space, take your time to read and just go for it - Good Luck

TheLass wrote: »
    You won't fail - It's as the others said have a quiet space, take your time to read and just go for it - Good Luck

Hi TheLass,
    Are you on the panel the same as me? Any luck yet ??

Hi TheLass,
    Are you on the panel the same as me? Any luck yet ??

Yes, patiently waiting in hope.
    I thought when I got the notification for this thread that someone had got an offer.
    I have a colleague who was on a panel for another position and did get called for the role so fingers crossed for us.

TheLass wrote: »
    Yes, patiently waiting in hope.
    I thought when I got the notification for this thread that someone had got an offer.
    I have a colleague who was on a panel for another position and did get called for the role so fingers crossed for us.

Did your email say that your on the panel until August? But I suppose we can't wait forever if another job offer comes up.... :-(

Did your email say that your on the panel until August? But I suppose we can't wait forever if another job offer comes up.... :-(

Yes I am on the panel till August too, It's good to have an end date you couldn't wait indefinitely. I'm loving the thread, it's good to know others are in the same boat

Well, got through the online tests. I'm just wondering from people's experiences, what happens next in the process?

Well, got through the online tests. I'm just wondering from people's experiences, what happens next in the process?

If you are successful with the online then you will get a telephone call, they will ask a few questions the phone (telephone interview) and if thats all ok then they will arrange to have a face to face interview. (I did my online tests in Nov and the face to face interview interview was Jan so don't worry if it takes a little while) (That was for guest service agent, I'm sure the process is the same for most positions)
    Good Luck with it

Starting Monday (Cork)

• Advertisement

Starting Monday (Cork)
    Brilliant, Well Done

Tks, 6 month contract.

Starting Monday (Cork)

Great news! Congratulations

Tks luj, best of luck to everyone on the panel!

Tks luj, best of luck to everyone on the panel!

Keep me updated how it it going for you. Did you have your medical ?

Medical today, contacting references and apply for security pass.

Hey, I got the call yesterday starting in May pending passing medical & Garda check... any one else from the panel get the call?? :)

Congrats.:D

Congrats.:D

Thanks !! Can I ask you what the medical consists of ? ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement

Hearing, eyes, blood pressure, urine sample and medical history.

Advertisement