Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever think about those you've loved before?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'm still friends with all my exes on facebook. Its nice to see them getting on in life and see how they are doing. I dont hold any ill will, or wish that I was still with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Yes but the restraining orders limit how much I can contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

OH MY GOD WHY DO YOU PUT THE QUOTE UNDER THE TEXT??
    I dont know perhaps the other 'serial psychogical cheaters' have another view

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've never imagined my partner is someone else in bed. Ughhhh. Depressing thought! Why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭slovakchick

So what do you imagine? How beautiful ireland will be some day??
    I've never imagined my partner is someone else in bed. Ughhhh. Depressing thought! Why?!

• Advertisement

:D I'm there, in the moment, he's far from hideous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

To spice things up a little bit.

Sometimes I imagine she's my 3rd year physics teacher, Ms Flynn.

Or that she's a terrorist and I'm trying to get the location of the bomb out of her.

Glenster wrote: »
    To spice things up a little bit.

Sometimes I imagine she's my 3rd year physics teacher, Ms Flynn.

Or that she's a terrorist and I'm trying to get the location of the bomb out of her.

I approve :D Second one's more in my line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Don't imagine anything, there's no need for the mind to go walkabout to imaginary scenarios if who you're sleeping with is doing a good enough job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

I went out with someone for a few years. We lived together for a while. We ended up breaking apart due to her wanting to go travelling and me wanting to concentrate on my career. This was 15 years ago. She wasn't my first or last serious relationship but she would be the one I would think about.

I hadn't seen her in over 10 years and bumped into her at a bus stop. It's funny because when we were together she was a bit 'alternative' quite arty, short hair etc. I couldn't believe the change. She had gone all suits and corporate. Loads of makeup (where she didn't really wear it before). To be honest she didn't even sound like I remembered. She gone all D4. Kinda wrecked my lovely memory.

• Advertisement

How mindful and focussed you sll are i would say u are so adventurous and german the sack
    Don't imagine anything, there's no need for the mind to go walkabout to imaginary scenarios if who you're sleeping with is doing a good enough job :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

u are so adventurous and german the sack
    Dunno about that. Was with a German lass for a time and dull she was not. Pretty much every time she left me a grinning dried out husk of a man. Well more than usual anyway.

Thinking about an ex in bed? Nope, never have. Wouldn't really occur to me TBH and wouldn't think it "adventurous". Adventurous for me involves suits of armour and feathered bum ticklers. I've said too much....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Friends with most on facebook.

Most of those I think about who I loved are ones where it never happened for one reason or another and all those what-if's..

How mindful and focussed you sll are i would say u are so adventurous and german the sack

I think that is the point. Maybe if you're bored, you have to imagine someone else. There are plenty of ways of avoiding a repetitive sex life, other than pretending to switch partners, in your head. Different strokes for different folks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

There was one particular guy during University in the U.K. who I had really amazing chemistry with, complete sizzle from the onset. We'd hang out, smoke pot, listen to Bob Dylan and enjoyed lots of snogging and flirting. I was a wild child at the time and didn't want to get tied down. Slept with him one night and then I didn't hear from him for a few days so when he came to see me I was so so rude to him. How very DARE he wait that long to contact me!! Mixed messages much from me???!!

Anyway, I got together with someone else soon after and didn't see him.

I never ever forgot him though. Had marriage proposals from boyfriends after and kissed a lot of frogs and then one time, a whole thirteen years after seeing him last I looked him up on Facebook, sent him a PM and he replied right away. He said he'd never forgotten me and I was always the one that got away. He was so thrilled.

He proposed six months later and we were married within a year. And we've two gorgeous little boys :):)

So I guess if there is someone extra special where you feel it shouldn't have ended, or in my case never properly got going in the first place, then you should definitely pursue it!

Its not about that lol, climax cums in all shapes and sizes, imagining is part of the human mind once the lights are off just go with it, ive also had ons experiences where i imagined i was with someone else too
    I think that is the point. Maybe if you're bored, you have to imagine someone else. There are plenty of ways of avoiding a repetitive sex life, other than pretending to switch partners, in your head. Different strokes for different folks! :rolleyes:

For a quantum of time, says it all really
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Dunno about that. Was with a German lass for a time and dull she was not. Pretty much every time she left me a grinning dried out husk of a man. Well more than usual anyway.

Thinking about an ex in bed? Nope, never have. Wouldn't really occur to me TBH and wouldn't think it "adventurous". Adventurous for me involves suits of armour and feathered bum ticklers. I've said too much....

Its not about that lol, climax cums in all shapes and sizes, imagining is part of the human mind once the lights are off just go with it, ive also had ons experiences where i imagined i was with someone else too

Yep, I partly agree but other people is one thing I've never felt like imagining. Despite having been in a relationship with more than one person at the same time. I'm with the sort of person I'd probably be imagining if I was with someone else instead, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

. She was from Brazil and miss her, and not just the oral sex but guess you dont know what you got til its gone

You don't know what you're missing! Since her teeth fell out she's way better at it.:D

But its not really the person you are imaging that gets you off its the scenario you are imagining
    Yep, I partly agree but other people is one thing I've never felt like imagining. Despite having been in a relationship with more than one person at the same time. I'm with the sort of person I'd probably be imagining if I was with someone else instead, though.

• Advertisement

But its not really the person you are imaging that gets you off its the scenario you are imagining

Do you mean in a forbidden fruit sort of way?

See, all of mine are just better with my boyfriend in them. That's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Merkin wrote: »
    There was one particular guy during University in the U.K. who I had really amazing chemistry with, complete sizzle from the onset. We'd hang out, smoke pot, listen to Bob Dylan and enjoyed lots of snogging and flirting. I was a wild child at the time and didn't want to get tied down. Slept with him one night and then I didn't hear from him for a few days so when he came to see me I was so so rude to him. How very DARE he wait that long to contact me!! Mixed messages much from me???!!

Anyway, I got together with someone else soon after and didn't see him.

I never ever forgot him though. Had marriage proposals from boyfriends after and kissed a lot of frogs and then one time, a whole thirteen years after seeing him last I looked him up on Facebook, sent him a PM and he replied right away. He said he'd never forgotten me and I was always the one that got away. He was so thrilled.

He proposed six months later and we were married within a year. And we've two gorgeous little boys :):)

So I guess if there is someone extra special where you feel it shouldn't have ended, or in my case never properly got going in the first place, then you should definitely pursue it!

Wow - this just made my day! what a story!

Even when u dated too people at the same time?
    Do you mean in a forbidden fruit sort of way?

See, all of mine are just better with my boyfriend in them. That's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭dinorebel

There once was a Slovak chick;)

Even when u dated too people at the same time?

Thought of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

dinorebel wrote: »
    There once was a Slovak chick;)

...who called out someone else's name during sweet love making?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mud wrote: »

Are exes ever on your mind and why?

Only when I hear about development plans for certain remote areas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerisepink

Oh all the time. I have a hard time letting people go so anyone I've ever had feelings for in the past I still think of them now and then. One or two I've messaged to see how they are doing. Good or bad, I can't imagine just forgetting about people who were once so important in my life.

how considerate :p lady power
    Thought of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Pretty sure it's the sole reason for Facebook's existence.

Advertisement