Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever think about those you've loved before?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Merkin wrote:
    So I guess if there is someone extra special where you feel it shouldn't have ended, or in my case never properly got going in the first place, then you should definitely pursue it!

Agree completely.
    I let someone go 20 years ago, on the rebound I got pregnant and tried to build a life. I never ever forgot him.
    My marriage broke down and I looked him up on Facebook. He was separated too. It took about 3 weeks to get back together and we're expecting our second baby in a few weeks. My expectations were not wrong. He's the love of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I wouldn't even go to any of their funerals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭slovakchick

Both of them are his children, thats fate
    cbyrd wrote: »
    Agree completely.
    I let someone go 20 years ago, on the rebound I got pregnant and tried to build a life. I never ever forgot him.
    My marriage broke down and I looked him up on Facebook. He was separated too. It took about 3 weeks to get back together and we're expecting our second baby in a few weeks. My expectations were not wrong. He's the love of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Bambi wrote: »
    Only when I hear about development plans for certain remote areas :(

This reads like youve murdered them and are fearful theyll get dug up? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah, the summer after secondary met this girl.

She had a Mustang and we used to drive around in it and listen to Radiohead.

On her 18th birthday we got matching tattoos.

We used to steal her parents alcohol and climb up on her roof and talk about the future.

Never thought that one day I'd have lost her.

Someone told me she had the tattoo removed.

In a parallel universe, she'd still be mine.

... that was the summer of 69 ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

that's sad for you

And him

What he doesnt know wont kill him
    lawred2 wrote: »
    And him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This reads like youve murdered them and are fearful theyll get dug up? :eek:

Murder is such an ugly word
    I just think people should leave the past buried in unmarked graves

I often think about friends I've lost. When it comes to dating and relationships there is one man who pops in to my head now and then. It's strange because we only met three times. We were chatting and skyping for a bit first. Then real life rolled around and I was beyond smitten. After one date. I next spent a few nights with him. The third time I saw him it was to say blaa blaa not going to work blaa blaa.

It was only a small thing but damn I fell hard. He was all the things. Of course now I know that doesn't exist, nobody can be all of the things.

I often think about friends I've lost. When it comes to dating and relationships there is one man who pops in to my head now and then. It's strange because we only met three times. We were chatting and skyping for a bit first. Then real life rolled around and I was beyond smitten. After one date. I next spent a few nights with him. The third time I saw him it was to say blaa blaa not going to work blaa blaa.
    It was only a small thing but damn I fell hard. He was all the things. Of course now I know that doesn't exist, nobody can be all of the things.
    So why do you think about him rather than guys you dated for long periods?

• Advertisement

So why do you think about him rather than guys you dated for long periods?

The feeling was a completely different one. Also I think there is something seductive about very short flings. Only the good lives on because there wasn't enough time for any difficult stuff. I'm walking at the min so that's a fairly simple response :)

The feeling was a completely different one. Also I think there is something seductive about very short flings. Only the good lives on because there wasn't enough time for any difficult stuff. I'm walking at the min so that's a fairly simple response :)

I agree as the flame burns eternally i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I dunno. I'm all of the things and with someone that's all of the things. Maybe there are only two of us!

Of course now I know that doesn't exist, nobody can be all of the things.

It does exist, I'm with someone who may not be all the things to everybody but he's all the things to me. I don't see that changing anytime either.

*it's not Kersplat - he's all the things to someone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Candie wrote: »
    Kersplat - he's all the things to someone else!

IT'S MEEEE!!!!

IT'S MEEEE!!!!

Only every second Tuesday, Fancy Pants. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Only once in my life have I felt a real connection, an attraction to someone that was actually reciprocated. I'm usually firmly in the 'unrequited' camp, or the friendzone. Then I met him.

Just a pity he's not single :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Only every second Tuesday, Fancy Pants. :)

No I mean....me and Kersplat!

Ooooooh sorry bbz.

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Only once in my life have I felt a real connection, an attraction to someone that was actually reciprocated. I'm usually firmly in the 'unrequited' camp, or the friendzone. Then I met him.

Just a pity he's not single :(
    This sounds like a present day thing rather than a "before" thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

This sounds like a present day thing rather than a "before" thing?

Nah, we're going back a few years. He wasn't single then, and he's still with her now.

• Advertisement

No I mean....me and Kersplat!

Ooooooh sorry bbz.

Yeah you and Kersplat, every second Tuesday!

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Nah, we're going back a few years. He wasn't single then, and he's still with her now.

Maybe some day you'll get your man

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No.

But the one I changed my mind about marrying keeps popping up on FB as a friend suggestion because someone I am friends with is also friends with her.

It does exist, I'm with someone who may not be all the things to everybody but he's all the things to me. I don't see that changing anytime either.

*it's not Kersplat - he's all the things to someone else!

I'm in the pub and I've had pints. Response coming soon :p

I'm in the pub and I've had pints. Response coming soon :p

No response needed, enjoy your pints. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm in a relationship now for 2 years but before that I dated an A+E nurse.. She is a great person, loving and very kind. I often think about her.. Still have her number on my phone and I do text her now and again to see how she is.. I probably shouldn't but I can't help myself. She's got a new boyfriend now and even though things ended really badly with her, I actually did love her..

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I've one long term ex with whom I'm still in contact and I consider him a good friend. He's married with a kid now. We were together for 5 years, and it's now about 13 years since we finished.

Another ex never really crosses my mind. It's not that there is any animosity or bitterness, it just was a bland relationship which didn't involve much emotional ties.

I have one ex who was emotionally abusive and at times he pops into my head, and I'm thankful that I had the strength and resilience to get away from him. Anytime I think of him I feel grateful that I got away before he became violent, as that was definitely the way it was going.

On a lighter note, there are also a few who were more flings than long term exes who cause me to smile when I think of them!

I've one long term ex with whom I'm still in contact and I consider him a good friend. He's married with a kid now. We were together for 5 years, and it's now about 13 years since we finished.

Another ex never really crosses my mind. It's not that there is any animosity or bitterness, it just was a bland relationship which didn't involve much emotional ties.

I have one ex who was emotionally abusive and at times he pops into my head, and I'm thankful that I had the strength and resilience to get away from him. Anytime I think of him I feel grateful that I got away before he became violent, as that was definitely the way it was going.

On a lighter note, there are also a few who were more flings than long term exes who cause me to smile when I think of them!

Everyone has either had a lucky escape, was the lucky escape, or both.

I had a lucky escape too, luckily it was very early on. I don't think of him at all, except when something like this brings him to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

On good terms with the serious ones. They're all settled down with kids now (as I am) and we're on social media and we still exchange an occasional catch up message. It's nice to see and hear how they're getting on in life.

There's one that I think I'd have settled down with if I'd met her later in life but I was too young and flighty but I just think of it fondly, not with any serious regret and we're both happy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

I always thought of one particular ex, who made contact with me sometime after the breakup and now has a partner, we have stayed in touch which in hindsight has been a bad idea, I think I'd prefer for him to have just cut me off completely.

Advertisement