Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

glas payment

• 04-01-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Lads, are we obliged by the Department of Agriculture to retain our GLAS planner on an annual basis to sign off the GLAS records?
    If I recall we did not need to do so for REPS - once you knew how to complete the records you could do so yourself. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Is glas open at the moment ? or when can application be made ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

Anyone have any ideas on when these payments are due out?

Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Lar, I'm waiting for an answer too. It must be like QI, nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

85% in December and the remaining 15% possibly new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Many thanks, Pheasant. Have a good home for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

85% in December and the remaining 15% possibly new year

Ya I heard early December too. Didn't hear any percentages. 85 % sounds good to me.

Water John wrote: »
    Many thanks, Pheasant. Have a good home for that.

Well that's the latest I've been told anyway so hopefully it stands at that

Will have to struggle on another few weeks so!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Iloverain

Any word on when glas + is being paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Was at a teagasc demonstration tonight, they had a stand there for Glas queries. I asked her about Glas 2 payment date and she told me January, probably not December.

Was at a teagasc demonstration tonight, they had a stand there for Glas queries. I asked her about Glas 2 payment date and she told me January, probably not December.

If you ring and ask the Department they will tell you December

• Registered Users Posts: 9 johnch

Does anyone know when glas 1 2016 payments are being made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

johnch wrote: »
    Does anyone know when glas 1 2016 payments are being made?

1st of December I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Grueller

Cavanjack wrote: »
    1st of December I think.

Please God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Early December by all accounts,let's wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

So ye are in GLAS since Jan 1, 2016 - and the first sniff of money is 23 months later?

Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 johnch

So ye are in GLAS since Jan 1, 2016 - and the first sniff of money is 23 months later?

Is that right?
    In glas since mid 2015 ,got a small payment last Dec nothing since could do with it badly. fingers crossed.

Technically only in it since October 1 2015. Acceptance to the scheme was mid 2015 but start date was October 1st.
    Payment was made for 3 months of 2015 earlier this year. Payment for the first full year should hopefully issue next month.

And if you are on the dole you are guaranteed your Xmas bonus this week.. what a sham..

The payments calendar needs to be reviewed with hard and fast dates.. loan repayments and direct debits are on X date regardless and financial planning is a nightmare because you have no idea when payments will land..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but its more likely to be the end of December. Same as the 3 month payment last year.

The Cuban wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but its more likely to be the end of December. Same as the 3 month payment last year.

boooo, hissss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

No Dps so far
    No Glas either
    How am I supposed to plan for next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Qprmeath wrote: »
    No Dps so far
    No Glas either
    How am I supposed to plan for next year?

Monopoly money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

larthehar wrote: »
    And if you are on the dole you are guaranteed your Xmas bonus this week.. what a sham..

The payments calendar needs to be reviewed with hard and fast dates.. loan repayments and direct debits are on X date regardless and financial planning is a nightmare because you have no idea when payments will land..

Why cannt they set up a monthly direct debit and pay us monthly in arrears every month for the next 5 years ? Give us abit of certainty.

Why cannt they set up a monthly direct debit and pay us monthly in arrears every month for the next 5 years ? Give us abit of certainty.

They probably get the money from the EU in Jan and keep it til December so they have the interest to pay their bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

As far as I know-

GLAS 1 & 2 payments should begin to issue from the 19th of December with farmers receiving 85% of their payment for 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Did anyone else in glas+ notice the payment for the three months of last year was paid on the 5000 and not the 7000 promised for glas+ farmers.

djmc wrote: »
    Did anyone else in glas+ notice the payment for the three months of last year was paid on the 5000 and not the 7000 promised for glas+ farmers.

Yea they told us that they hadn't looked at glas+ yet. Bit of a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Is anyone else still waiting on money for the last 3 months of 2015 glas 1 scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting on money for the last 3 months of 2015 glas 1 scheme.
    No. I got mine but only a month or so ago.

Regarding payment for glas l for 2016, should the nutrient management plan be up on ag food if it's done??

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭bbeeforsalmon

Young farmers' scheme being paid this month before Glas I heard.

I think it is a Glas requirement to have an active herd no but cannot find this in final rules/spec book??? I haven't had cattle for 20 years or so and checked with Glas help line last year who said my old no. was still active. I have used it in all applications, written and online. BUT while logged onto agfood this week I accidemtally discovered that my herd no. is NOT active. 😬 Could be a good excuse not to pay me? Any ideas?

Muckit wrote: »
    No. I got mine but only a month or so ago.

Regarding payment for glas l for 2016, should the nutrient management plan be up on ag food if it's done??

Getting nutrients plan done this week. Will find out for you.

Re payments: not a word from IFA. Cut the hay a day early and face a cut but payments can be months late and not a word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭adne

Anyone hear when GLAS1 payments due to commence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Nothing here yet. I think there was something muted about payments starting before Christmas. NMP needs to be in first. I'd say somehow it more than likely will be the new year at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Rang my planner on Friday he said that they weren't able to upload the NMP plans yet as there are issues with the Dept website.
    He's no techie so I'm wondering if its done at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/glas-payments-to-get-underway-before-end-of-2016-241964

According to todays journal 85% should be paid this month but promised payment dates are missed all the time now so dont know if we should bank on getting it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

got my 11,500 NPWS farm plan payment for 2016 on Friday:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

It goes to show where priorities lie when, if you read the agri media, everyone has their knickers in a twist over tag suppliers and hedgecutting dates, but nobody has much concern around GLAS and BDGP payment dates :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

FFS - was banking on that payment before Christmas.

• Advertisement

Glas plus for 2015 is finally paid here according to agfood. It's up on agriland payment for 2016 is starting on Monday.

Iloverain wrote: »
    Glas plus for 2015 is finally paid here according to agfood. It's up on agriland payment for 2016 is starting on Monday.

Anyone here in Glas or know anyone who does not have a herd?

85% payment starting Monday but why not 100% as it's already late and losses and expenses already affected. Have the IFA made any noise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

85% payment starting Monday but why not 100% as it's already late and losses and expenses already affected. Have the IFA made any noise?

Yes my planner rang me the other day about soil samples that cost €200 he will be looking for another few quid to do up a nutrient plan. Then the bird cover has to be re established in the spring and a new hedge planted. It is a very tight scheme not much change left over when everything done and everyone paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

larthehar wrote: »

In fairness I think your comments summed it up best and hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

How much are people paying for a nutrient management plan for glas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

According to Agriland today it's being paid from Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Is it not under EU law that all payments for 2016 don't fall due until 31.12.16, don't shoot the messenger as I'm a farmer myself and love to get my ANC the 3rd week in September are we too used of getting these advance payments of 70% and final 30% before year is out at all?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

adam14 wrote: »
    How much are people paying for a nutrient management plan for glas?

I paid €250 plus the cost of soil tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

Teagasc charging 365 which I think is steep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Anyone get paid?

• Advertisement
Advertisement