Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

glas payment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Grueller

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Anyone get paid?

Next door neighbour did. No sign of mine yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

I think they are starting paying from tomoro on.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Nothing here but system seems to be updating .. Might be something in am

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

adam14 wrote: »
    Teagasc charging 365 which I think is steep

Is there an option to get someone other than Teagasc to make out the plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Signpost wrote: »

We used a non teagasc independent advisor. The department has a list of advisors and contact details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

We used a non teagasc independent advisor. The department has a list of advisors and contact details.

Use small independent advisors here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Grueller wrote: »
    Next door neighbour did. No sign of mine yet though.

Nothing showing up on Agfood here.

Nothing on agfood for me, cant say I'm surprised

Nothing on agfood for me, cant say I'm surprised

IFA Update:
    http://www.ifa.ie/foot-dragging-on-glas-payments-will-not-be-tolerated-ifa/#.WFgII32WF80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Yea you can go to anyone else you want and still leave your main work with Teagasc. And Teagasc are actually 465 for NMP as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,351 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Tried checking Agfood just now to see if there was any updates but financial self services are unavailable - "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."
    Fingers crossed, in the morning we will see positive updates on our accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

Yea you can go to anyone else you want and still leave your main work with Teagasc. And Teagasc are actually 465 for NMP as far as I know

Yes sorry you are correct - 465

Base price wrote: »
    Tried checking Agfood just now to see if there was any updates but financial self services are unavailable - "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."
    Fingers crossed, in the morning we will see positive updates on our accounts.

The goalposts appear to have moved AGAIN according to the Indo - expect "GLAS payments in the coming weeks"

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/schemes/why-farmers-will-only-be-getting-85-of-their-glas-payments-in-the-coming-weeks-35305198.html

So to close out 2016 its looking like

1) Waiting for grant payment for a job I done in Jan / Feb, obviously all suppliers paid in full so out of pocket 60% of that
    2) Waiting on Glas payment, have paid for soil samples, setting up the plan & I think something else, more money out of pocket
    3) No Young Farmer payment issued yet to me, more money I was expecting
    4) Paid for Herd Plus (which I do anyway but as a requirement) for KT, no payment there.

So in one of the worst milk price years its ok to have a (young) farmer waiting on 3 significant payments but if I broke the terms of any they would want payment immediately, or in the case of the Kerry lads the Revenue would give 21 days. Paid my tax on time and in full, paid all my expenses for the year and then to end up being sold lies for months my Creed on imaginary payment dates is beyond sick. Its also making me question why we bother pay the IFA to represent us as there doesn't seem to be one bit of noise with the audacity of the government stringing us along. Have the cheek with the grants to say people aren't applying when I can categorically say people are, its that they are not processing them and running with this bull**** of 'the system is being updated and its having problems'. **** off with that line, if its taken over a year to get the system right the company who are deploying it should be kicked out, not paid and a new company employed to deploy it on time and process the queue manually in the mean time. If Europe have made available the money for payments, where is this money, what are they doing with it if its not being distributed as it should be back to the farmers at the appropriate dates? Sick **** of complaining to FG TD's in the area who I unfortunately voted in, our dearest minister being one, and getting absolutely no realistic updates & TBH I'd feel bad complaining to other parties when I didn't give them my vote this time.

By far the single worst minister for Ag in the modern era of farming.

So to close out 2016 its looking like

1) Waiting for grant payment for a job I done in Jan / Feb, obviously all suppliers paid in full so out of pocket 60% of that
    2) Waiting on Glas payment, have paid for soil samples, setting up the plan & I think something else, more money out of pocket
    3) No Young Farmer payment issued yet to me, more money I was expecting
    4) Paid for Herd Plus (which I do anyway but as a requirement) for KT, no payment there.

So in one of the worst milk price years its ok to have a (young) farmer waiting on 3 significant payments but if I broke the terms of any they would want payment immediately, or in the case of the Kerry lads the Revenue would give 21 days. Paid my tax on time and in full, paid all my expenses for the year and then to end up being sold lies for months my Creed on imaginary payment dates is beyond sick. Its also making me question why we bother pay the IFA to represent us as there doesn't seem to be one bit of noise with the audacity of the government stringing us along. Have the cheek with the grants to say people aren't applying when I can categorically say people are, its that they are not processing them and running with this bull**** of 'the system is being updated and its having problems'. **** off with that line, if its taken over a year to get the system right the company who are deploying it should be kicked out, not paid and a new company employed to deploy it on time and process the queue manually in the mean time. If Europe have made available the money for payments, where is this money, what are they doing with it if its not being distributed as it should be back to the farmers at the appropriate dates? Sick **** of complaining to FG TD's in the area who I unfortunately voted in, our dearest minister being one, and getting absolutely no realistic updates & TBH I'd feel bad complaining to other parties when I didn't give them my vote this time.

By far the single worst minister for Ag in the modern era of farming.

I'm sorry that you getting rough end of it fella,very frustrating indeed. Not fair either, GLAS is a waiting game, did you get YFS acceptance letter yet? If no keep at them til you get it , another good pay run Thursday night , KT payment will be next June at earliest but try and make as much use of the herd plus as you can

Anyone hear or get through to GLAS today ? Any update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭50HX

"won't be tolerated" "not acceptable" who are the IFA kidding with all this beating the drum malarkey

usual guff out of them and no results....i'd rot before i'd pay em a membership

it's a disgrace that payments haven't been issued

as previous posters have mentioned - if it was the OAP or the dole the country would come to a halt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

50HX wrote: »
    "won't be tolerated" "not acceptable" who are the IFA kidding with all this beating the drum malarkey

usual guff out of them and no results....i'd rot before i'd pay em a membership

it's a disgrace that payments haven't been issued

as previous posters have mentioned - if it was the OAP or the dole the country would come to a halt

Agree the new curate is as useless as the rest of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

In fairness he is not their that long yet the first time I ever remember mass payments being late or delayed was under covneys watch the whole payment system turned into a shambles.
    The farmers charter of rights dosent seem to be much use either unless It gets some teeth like linking it to department staff payments or bonuses ie. stop paying their wages after the charter dates have passed until payments to farmers are made.
    The revenue get interest and penalties if they are not paid by their set dates.
    Our TDs should be lobbied for change including the new minister for rural affairs as this is causing a lot of extra stress for farmers and IMO has lost FG some seats in rural ireland in the last election
    I dont know if its bad journalism or bad PR by the minister to keep announcing payment dates and
    then his staff keeps missing them.
    I would recommend to any farmers borrowing payments on the back of these payments to arrange to make repayments around six months after payments are due as you cant be relied that they will be paid on dates that are announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Again this is a smaller farmer (non fg voting)payment. The political will is not there to get this done.
    It's been like this since 2011/12 as regards payments to smaller farmers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Tis a fair joke of a system all that's being done is back filling holes that we are in cause payments can't be guaranteed to be in the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭White Clover

Most likely a lot of the same heads working in the dept with years. I'd assume the minister delegates all these jobs out to staff to get done while he tries to focus on the longer term.

Suppose theres productive and non productive staff in every office. Thing about gov job unlike private sector, is its impossible to get fired.

If this payment (and it is badly wanted) doesn't arrive before Christmas FG are going to lose a lot of votes when the next election comes round - there is a lot of FG voting farmers out there despite what people may say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

If this payment (and it is badly wanted) doesn't arrive before Christmas FG are going to lose a lot of votes when the next election comes round - there is a lot of FG voting farmers out there despite what people may say.

Most of the FG voting farmers would not be depending on glas payments.
    There is probably nobody intentionally delaying these payments but there sure as hell is no one intentionally making sure there paid on time either.
    This is the longest period FG have continuously in power and it has been utter ****e for smaller farmers waiting for payments and reminds us why they are not the natural party of government .

I noticed that last years part payment was paid on the 24th of December. I presume it will be the same this year.

I wouldn't necessarily be dependant on the payments but I'm absolutely fed up of the lies being spun continually. If a commitment is made there should be consequences, across the board. If a farmer does not keep their end - penalise them, if the dept don't - likewise. The only reason it will be spun on the 24th is to catch you on this years tax.
    The dept had no problem at all designating some of my land which I didn't get a choice about yet its ok to drag their feet on paying for it. I can't understand how the IFA aren't shouting about this from the rooftops and trying to get it broadcast to Europe to see what is actually happening to the money they are giving out for the farmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

I. The only reason it will be spun on the 24th is to catch you on this years tax..

This is a big factor and something I'd have thought there'd be a bigger fuss about. It's impossible to get the money through the system, even to pay outstanding bills, in the few days between Christmas and the New year. At best, it muddles up the accounts, at worst, it costs you money for something that was not your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Folks, I'm not a part of either AEOS or GLAS for starters.

Neighbour just told me this story, any truth in it?

A farmer was in AEOS and then applied to join GLAS but was rejected from GLAS and then had their membership of AEOS terminated for applying for GLAS? Sounds bonkers.

Can anyone 'throw any light' on this please?

Folks, I'm not a part of either AEOS or GLAS for starters.

Neighbour just told me this story, any truth in it?

A farmer was in AEOS and then applied to join GLAS but was rejected from GLAS and then had their membership of AEOS terminated for applying for GLAS? Sounds bonkers.

Can anyone 'throw any light' on this please?

No decision on GLAS 3 yet, if it were GLAS 2 he wished to join as nearing the end of AEOS one scheme would simply cease when GLAS was approved for entry , bit more to that scenario id say

Got a text this morning that payments are being processed for Glas, time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

When is Glas 2 being paid?

Its Glas 2 I'm in so sometime between today and ... ? I'd assume soon thou if were getting texted about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Got paid yesterday for GLAS 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

davidk1394 wrote: »

Was that payment for 2015 or 2016
    I am in glas one but didn't get anything for 2016 yet.
    Funny enough I could do with it to give it back to the tax man.

Dept have gone into hiding. Not answering phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

Dept have gone into hiding. Not answering phones.

Got through today, GLAS 2 will "probably" be processed before end of this week...
    ... today is Thursday love... i will fall over if it lands tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

larthehar wrote: »
    Got through today, GLAS 2 will "probably" be processed before end of this week...
    as there seems to be only a handful of glas 1 processed I wouldn't be holding my breath on that if I were u:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

High bike wrote: »
    as there seems to be only a handful of glas 1 processed I wouldn't be holding my breath on that if I were u:mad:

Ya have been holding your breath long enough for Liverpool to win the league 😂😂😂😂

I said wrote: »
    Ya have been holding your breath long enough for Liverpool to win the league 😂😂😂😂
    they'r a bit closer this year than their neighbours down the road:D;):p;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

High bike wrote: »
    they'r a bit closer this year than their neighbours down the road:D;):p;)

Everton

I said wrote: »
    Everton
    no a bit farther down the road boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

davidk1394 wrote: »

Wondering also if this is the payment for 15 or 16? Got paid for 15 but nothing on agfood about 16 yet.

I don't want to turn this tread into lambasting the IFA - we have done a few of those on F&F over the years.
    Notwithstanding I am really disappointed that they (IFA) have not stepped up to the mark and supported their base subscribers.
    This is their best effort to date - http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/schemes/ifa-calls-on-department-to-immediately-commence-glas-payments-35188360.html
    It is even more disappointing when you look at the IFA official website vis a vie "Farm Scheme Payment dates" that they haven't even bothered to update their own site - http://www.ifa.ie/schemes-and-payments/payments-calendar/

larthehar wrote: »

Not being smart, but I wonder how the department staff would like it, if their monthly salary was a even a day late, never mind a few months ?

Not being smart, but I wonder how the department staff would like it, if their monthly salary was a even a day late, never mind a few months ?

If your available farm labour pool was halved over a period of time it extra work thrown on top as well (new schemes) would you expect to get it all done as quickly?
    I am not saying it is OK to leave lads hanging, I am waiting on Glas, YFS and BDGP here myself, but the remaining staff are not the problem. It is the archaic systems they have to work within.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

TBH.. i had a cut off her.. i said so i can tell the bank manager that the debts will probably be paid? And next year i can tell the dept the Wild Bird Cover will probably be sown.. and probably on time.? The moral of the story is probably means nothing, the answer is Yes or No..

I am not saying it is OK to leave lads hanging, It is the archaic systems they have to work within.[/quote

The bottom line is late payments are putting unnecessary pressure and hurting lads financially. Over the years I've spoken to staff who you can tell really do care, but on other occasions spoken to staff who are just going through the motions and doesn't really appreciate what delays mean to people.

I am not saying it is OK to leave lads hanging, It is the archaic systems they have to work within.[/quote

The bottom line is late payments are putting unnecessary pressure and hurting lads financially. Over the years I've spoken to staff who you can tell really do care, but on other occasions spoken to staff who are just going through the motions and doesn't really appreciate what delays mean to people.

Hard to disagree with any of that. I remember speaking to a lady in Castlebar one day who was excellent, then being put through to Tullamore to speak to a guy who was useless and did not want to know. Good an bad uns in every organisation, but in my case I have found most to be very good and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

Hey anybody get money yet Glas 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Hard to disagree with any of that. I remember speaking to a lady in Castlebar one day who was excellent, then being put through to Tullamore to speak to a guy who was useless and did not want to know. Good an bad uns in every organisation, but in my case I have found most to be very good and helpful.

but there is zero willingness to change or adapt the system they work within

• Advertisement
Advertisement