Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glas payment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Got text this morning, around €4200 landed in. We were in glas since Jan 1st and are due €7000 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

85% of 5k due if youre getting the 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

f2 wrote: »
    85% of 5k due if youre getting the 5k

The 2k top up would probably come with the remaining 15%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Got text this morning, around €4200 landed in. We were in glas since Jan 1st and are due €7000 in total.

Ya same situation here.
    I wonder when the remainder is supposed to be payed?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

Just curious what was needed for Glas+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Nothing here. Just wondering if there are many more Glas 2 participants who have still got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Got 85% of the 5k this morning, nothing paid for the 2k for being restricted by Glas+. Another bureaucratic load of crap paying it on December 30th, will now say was pain in 2016, will have been paid in the tax year yet if you wrote a cheque today to pay a bill wouldn't clear until 2017. Making good headlines for the papers but no good to the man on the ground depending on this money being payed in October, then November, then December 1st....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Would there be any reason for someone not to have received this payment today? Asking on behalf of someone else so I'm not familiar with the whole process myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Signpost wrote: »
    Got 85% of the 5k this morning, nothing paid for the 2k for being restricted by Glas+. Another bureaucratic load of crap paying it on December 30th, will now say was pain in 2016, will have been paid in the tax year yet if you wrote a cheque today to pay a bill wouldn't clear until 2017. Making good headlines for the papers but no good to the man on the ground depending on this money being payed in October, then November, then December 1st....

I was wondering the same thing myself about what tax year a cheque would fall if wrote today but not cashed till new year and was told if it was invoiced today I could tell accountant to put it in for this year, or if I said nothing to accountant, it would be in year 2017-i.e. When money is debited from account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

I was wondering the same thing myself about what tax year a cheque would fall if wrote today but not cashed till new year and was told if it was invoiced today I could tell accountant to put it in for this year, or if I said nothing to accountant, it would be in year 2017-i.e. When money is debited from account

If you owe money for this year just tell accountant to put it in as an accrual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 FLC

Nothing here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Got mine 30 Dec - not sure of the % but quite happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭bbeeforsalmon

Was woken at 8.10am on 30th to say payment was issued. Got 85% of total and already had about 6%.

Have any of those in GLAS II who received payments completed their nutrient management plan?

Or have any without it the nutrient management plan received payment?

I am waiting on Teagasc (backlog here) to complete mine and am wondering will this be a barrier to me getting paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

FLC wrote: »
    Have any of those in GLAS II who received payments completed their nutrient management plan?

I am waiting on Teagasc (backlog here) to complete mine and am wondering will this be a barrier to me getting paid?

I'm in Glass II and I got paid but I haven't done the nutrient management plan yet.

Waiting to hear from the planner who told me he'd be out to take samples in December but I'm sure he was snowed under with Glass III applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

FLC wrote: »

In Glas II got paid(85% I think) haven't done nutrient management plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

GLAS II Nutrient Management Plans have to be submitted by the end of March 2017. The Nutrient Management Plan will not be holding up any 2016 payment for GLAS II participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭High bike

Delighted for all ye lads in glas 11 getting paid but would have thought they might pay people in glas 1 first????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

No money paid here. Dept blaming I.T issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The IT guy must be out with the flu. Get him some Lemsip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

croot wrote: »
    I'm in Glass II and I got paid but I haven't done the nutrient management plan yet.

Waiting to hear from the planner who told me he'd be out to take samples in December but I'm sure he was snowed under with Glass III applications.

You might want to get that done as a priority - I think it should have been done in 2016??
    If that's the case, you'll get little sympathy from GLAS, and "my planner was too busy" mightn't cut the mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

lanod2407 wrote: »
    You might want to get that done as a priority - I think it should have been done in 2016??
    If that's the case, you'll get little sympathy from GLAS, and "my planner was too busy" mightn't cut the mustard.

No it has to be done before end of March 2017 for Glass II.

I wonder if its the options people have selected that cause the hold up.

Mine is very straight forward with three options and in Tier 1 due to nearly 2.5 Km of rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

lanod2407 wrote: »
    Well farmers can't complete the nmp so if any payments were withheld due to it not being done the planner is inviting trouble onto themselves

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/glas-poll-have-you-been-paid-246142

If you take this as a guide, almost 70% of farmers NOT paid to date..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kelslat

Nothing here yet, digitisation issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Nothing here yet - cannot get anyone on the DAFM phoneline for a reason why. GLAS payments are now entering into 'farce' territory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Mad4CHX

I'm in GLAS 1. I got 85% there last week, I don't have the nutrient plan done yet. I was worried as rules say you have to have it completed before end of 2016. Half thinking now of saying myself some cash and not bothering to do it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Advisor told me the soil test had to be done before the end of year. They can submit nutrient plan in spring. now if enough lads are in trouble they might issue a extended date or something. It's not as if they've ever let us down on their side of the agreement !!! still caught in the big dark hole of " IT" issues here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Mad4CHX

IT issues my eye, joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

Mad4CHX wrote: »
    I'm in GLAS 1. I got 85% there last week, I don't have the nutrient plan done yet. I was worried as rules say you have to have it completed before end of 2016. Half thinking now of saying myself some cash and not bothering to do it at all.
    The remaining 15% of the GLAS payment won't be paid until NMP is submitted.

Advertisement