Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Opentempofm waterford's stream is off, any1 have any idea about fm?

does it not cover your area of the county?

Edit.

alls fine on fm it seems.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭JDxtra

NLR on 87.6 in Dublin. Not getting anything on 99.5 - must be low power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

does it not cover your area of the county?

Edit.

alls fine on fm it seems.

No im in dungarvan doesnt go out this far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JDxtra wrote: »
    NLR on 87.6 in Dublin. Not getting anything on 99.5 - must be low power.

This could be the future of pirate radio in Dublin - low-power stations coming from the west Dublin area, so much of Dublin won't hear anything,

This could be the future of pirate radio in Dublin - low-power stations coming from the west Dublin area, so much of Dublin won't hear anything,

when the heat dies down then stations will either come back on or new stations will come on. we have had lulls before over the years and people thought it would be the end and it wasn't. the only way the pirate will die is all remaining frequencies get a full licence where possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hi all,

My car has no stations broadcasting for the past few weeks. Its getting pretty boring without the radio.

I have the following tuned in:
    Phever fm (2x frequencies 93.2 91.6)
    Rince 88.1
    Tx fm 105.2

I know tx were going (sadly) but what happened to the others?

If it's for financial reasons like tx fm, do these stations take donations or can they not get support from public funds like lyric fm does?

Phever and Rince were pirate radio stations. In case you are not aware, this means they had no licence to broadcast. The authorities have been active in recent weeks clamping down on such stations. Both remain available online however.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Phever and Rince were pirate radio stations. In case you are not aware, this means they had no licence to broadcast. The authorities have been active in recent weeks clamping down on such stations. Both remain available online however.

Just to add to what has been said, it appears that Rince was raided by the authorities but Non Stop Nineties was the real target, so the latter closed down as well. Others have being staying quite for a while because rumours of the raids to be, and then the actual raid. However, it appears some pirates have been on around west Dublin, including NLR on 87.6 this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Thanks all. I got phever on the tunedin app and am sending it to the chromecast connected to the stereo. It's not as straight forward as simply turning on the radio but it works great. They are playing Sacred Cycles by Pete Lazonby right now as I type this :D

Need to figure out got to get this going in the car now and that would make FM redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Thanks all. I got phever on the tunedin app and am sending it to the chromecast connected to the stereo. It's not as straight forward as simply turning on the radio but it works great. They are playing Sacred Cycles by Pete Lazonby right now as I type this :D

Need to figure out got to get this going in the car now and that would make FM redundant.
    Glad you liked the show :)

• Advertisement

Last i read easy were broadcasting in Cork city on 91.6 FM is this still the case? I know they are planning on returning to the air on that same frequency in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Last i read easy were broadcasting in Cork city on 91.6 FM is this still the case? I know they are planning on returning to the air on that same frequency in Dublin

Not that i am aware of in cork we have been on tests from west dublin low down on 91.6fm safest place two be right now mountin site has been put two bed for now especily with all the comraid activity off the past 2 weeks

Not that i am aware of in cork we have been on tests from west dublin low down on 91.6fm safest place two be right now mountin site has been put two bed for now especily with all the comraid activity off the past 2 weeks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

91.6 is not usable in Cork because of 2FM from Spur Hill on 91.4

marno21 wrote: »
    91.6 is not usable in Cork because of 2FM from Spur Hill on 91.4

Yeah wouldn't have thought so

easyradio wrote: »

So, as I was saying before, the only pirate activity in Dublin, since the Comreg activity, is low-power around west Dublin. NLR was on 87.6 last weekend and probably will be on again this weekend. There is also the low-power station or stations that appear on 105.7, and the station on 99.5 (another low-power - not Heat). Have the so-called "relay" stations gone on 87.9, 88.8, 99.0 or 99.2 and 107.9: they all relay other stations.

You never hear of low-power pirate stations these days around south Dublin and none at all in north Dublin.

Anyone know if that station is still on 105.0 in Mayo on evenings and weekends?

So, as I was saying before, the only pirate activity in Dublin, since the Comreg activity, is low-power around west Dublin. NLR was on 87.6 last weekend and probably will be on again this weekend. There is also the low-power station or stations that appear on 105.7, and the station on 99.5 (another low-power - not Heat). Have the so-called "relay" stations gone on 87.9, 88.8, 99.0 or 99.2 and 107.9: they all relay other stations.

You never hear of low-power pirate stations these days around south Dublin and none at all in north Dublin.

It looks like I'll have to eat some of my words already! I heard some dance-oriented station on 99.5 this evening around Ballinteer and Dundrum. Heat, maybe?

It looks like I'll have to eat some of my words already! I heard some dance-oriented station on 99.5 this evening around Ballinteer and Dundrum. Heat, maybe?

could also possibly be kiss fm

heat back on fm apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

heat back on fm aparently

Kiss Fm on 99.2 power increase before Xmas, Heat Fm on 99.5. Xmas Fm due to start testing from next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Easy radio relay on 91.6 on Saturday - very weak signal

Phever back on 91.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ITV2

Easy on 91.9 this evening in West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Kiss Fm now on 99.1, XMAS on 99.4, HEAT were on this afternoon but have gone off as XMAS on.
    Not many frequencys available in Dublin until December 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Kiss Fm now on 99.1, XMAS on 99.4, HEAT were on this afternoon but have gone off as XMAS on.
    Not many frequencys available in Dublin until December 27th.

Suprised nobody has took over nineties frequency 107.1 yet.

FrostyJim wrote: »

I have heard two the greatvine that 107.1 is two become active in the coming days

FrostyJim wrote: »

I have heard two the greatvine that 107.1 is two become active in the coming days

easyradio wrote: »

I'll just translate that:
    I have heard through the grapevine that 107.1 is to become active in the coming days.

Sorry about that - it just got to me!

I take it that your partner's venture Soul City has gone then?

• Advertisement

I'll just translate that:
    I have heard through the grapevine that 107.1 is to become active in the coming days.

Sorry about that - it just got to me!

I take it that your partner's venture Soul City has gone then?
    Yeah its gone for the moment will be retuning around January

Advertisement