Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Easy back on 93.2 for me now, with audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

JDxtra wrote: »
    Interesting development. Whopper of a carrier - seems stronger than Easy Radio before it. Easy were just yesterday plugging 93.2 so a bit odd. Maybe the previous owners of the gear on 93.2 could have fired it back on again over powering Easy Radio?

Note that All80s is an existing online station that has been doing quite very well.

yes they do well any chance all80s have decided to come on fm

Yup easy are on 93.2 rnag cutting in on the outskirts of dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

JDxtra wrote: »
    Interesting development. Whopper of a carrier - seems stronger than Easy Radio before it. Easy were just yesterday plugging 93.2 so a bit odd. Maybe the previous owners of the gear on 93.2 could have fired it back on again over powering Easy Radio?

Note that All80s is an existing online station that has been doing quite well. It was also previously on the DAB trial.
    sorry guys it was us behind all 80s friend of mine asked me if i would stick on all 80s for him he wanted two see how it sounded on fm so we did no power difference or anything else same signal we have always used just changed the rds and took a live feed from the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

easyradio wrote: »
    sorry guys it was us behind all 80s friend of mine asked me if i would stick on all 80s for him he wanted two see how it sounded on fm so we did no power difference or anything else same signal we have always used just changed the rds and took a live feed from the internet

So what next?

• Advertisement

So what next?
    just going two continue with easyradio as it was before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sounds like a new pirate on 99.5 (low power) in west dublin. Anyone know anything about it?

When u think about it Dublin's pirate output however small is pretty good with two professionally run dance stations with varied playlists and strong signals

Heat, if you read this, get your RDS together! The frequency takes the look off my car radio!

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Heat, if you read this, get your RDS together! The frequency takes the look off my car radio!

Yes, they seem to have always had issues with their RDS. Should be very cheap and easy to fix. If they had it sorted, anybody with them as a preset would not have to manually retune to 107.1.

• Advertisement

Congrats to klub fm in cork had a big revamp yesterday and now have more live shows, sounding great as well have a feeling they have upped their power or on a higher site as the signal is stronger

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Klub FM's signal has always been strong but recently has had atrocious processing. Very trebley and serious amount of compression artefacts on the signal. If they can get that sorted they'll be a fine station.

marno21 wrote: »
    Klub FM's signal has always been strong but recently has had atrocious processing. Very trebley and serious amount of compression artefacts on the signal. If they can get that sorted they'll be a fine station.

yeah agree with u where the sound is concerned but their signal hasn't always been strong, they claim to be broadcasting across cork city and county but is barely audible in Youghal and only comes in solid just as you drive into Killeagh , also as stated on a previous post their long play when DJs are not on is very repetitive

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

yeah agree with u where the sound is concerned but their signal hasn't always been strong, they claim to be broadcasting across cork city and county but is barely audible in Youghal and only comes in solid just as you drive into Killeagh , also as stated on a previous post their long play when DJs are not on is very repetitive
    There's issues with signals from Cork in the Youghal area anyway, Youghal has a relay for the 4 Cork stations (96.8, 97.2, 103.0 & 105.1) and had 2 TV relays in the past. It doesn't surprise me that there's issues with it in Youghal.

It's always going to be difficult for them to cover any area beyond the city. 96/103 have 11 relays:

96.4/102.6 - Hollyhill (Cork City)
    95.8/103.3 - Nowen Hill (West Cork)
    96.1/103.7 - Mount Hillary (North Cork)
    95.6/102.9 - Kilworth
    95.8/103.3 - Fermoy
    96.0/103.5 - Carrigaline
    96.2/103.7 - Macroom
    96.2/103.9 - Clonakilty
    96.4/102.7 - Bantry
    96.8/103.0 - Kinsale
    96.8/103.0 - Youghal

Any changes in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Any changes in dublin?

yeh energy am 1395 kHz back on with stronger signal than ever

Heat now has rds

Is Play still on 87.8 in Cork?

Heat now has rds

No RDS on heat for me, must have been short lived.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    No RDS on heat for me, must have been short lived.

Agree - still no RDS.

• Advertisement

There definitely was rds on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ITV2

Easy93.2 now all80s (RDS).

Is Play still on 87.8 in Cork?
    Wasn't on air on Tuesday, just DHR 104.9 and Klub 87.5

marno21 wrote: »
    Wasn't on air on Tuesday, just DHR 104.9 and Klub 87.5

Do you know if hazard is on 106.5 in mallow

Cork city bandscan

87.5 klub fm
    97.6 cityview (no rds, came on at 7pm as usual)
    104.9 dhr
    106.4 caroline (went off at 7pm)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Bargain Blake

Back to Easy!

FFS I liked the 80s.

If I want love songs, I can listen to Sunshine, 4fm, or Q102.

Go back to the 80s please!!

Back to Easy!

FFS I liked the 80s.

If I want love songs, I can listen to Sunshine, 4fm, or Q102.

Go back to the 80s please!!
    Whatever they choose I wish they would stick with it and stop switching names, genres, frequencies so often. I know it's more a hobby than anything but it must be more than me who's getting tired of all the switching.

Any stations using SHOUTcast for streaming that are still using version 1.x should really consider an upgrade. I see a lot of the Dublin pirates (and former pirates) still use this old version (Heat, NLR/Chill FM, Non-Stop 90s etc.)

The latest Chrome browser update breaks streaming from TuneIn.com and other sites, so well worth swapping to version 2.x.

:)

happy new year two you all we are staying put as easyradio lovesongs we announced before Christmas that all 80s would be on air for the Christmas week which we tried and tested I have been approached by unnamed person from a licenced station and two cut a long story short we turned of all 80s I don't need hassle and don't want any other unlicensed station to be hassled because of our activity end of no more further comment or updates we are easyradio lovesongs and staying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

easyradio wrote: »
    I have been approached by unnamed person from a licenced station and two cut a long story short we turned of all 80s

sorry to hear that. seems certain licenced stations are extremely desperate these days, dispite not having anything to worry about from pirates. best of luck to you.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement