Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, most likely Easy or Rince will jump on it in my opinion.

In Dublin, 93.2 and 91.6 are off air at the moment. 92.0 is a blank carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Redlake

Spirit Radio on 549kHz is heavily interfered with at night by Jil FM from Algeria which also broadcasts on 549 as well as 531. You can get the Jil FM signal on 549 very clearly in Alicante and South East Spain 24 hours of the day.

In Dublin, 91.6 RDS now reads "P-RELAY" for some reason. 92.0 is back on air, 93.2 is a blank carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JDxtra wrote: »
    In Dublin, 91.6 RDS now reads "P-RELAY" for some reason. 92.0 is back on air, 93.2 is a blank carrier.

Soul City is back on 92.0. Was Superstation just keeping the frequency for Soul City? Is there any connection between Soul City and Easy FM, i.e. the operator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Redlake wrote: »
    Spirit Radio on 549kHz is heavily interfered with at night by Jil FM from Algeria which also broadcasts on 549 as well as 531. You can get the Jil FM signal on 549 very clearly in Alicante and South East Spain 24 hours of the day.

Co. Cork at night I could not even discern Spirit in the background of Jill FM on 549.

perhaps they (Spirit), as the only station licenced to use MW in the republic, could argue they should be allowed move to 567kHz under the understanding that they have to move off it again if RTE ever wants to reactivate that frequency ??

567 is clearer at night than 549.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Spirit are only using about 5 KW night so unlikely you will get them with decent signal strength regardless of the channel.
    When ICB were using the same tx at around 12 KW, day and night, the daytime signal was OKish around Clonmel but poor in the town. I can't imagine it been any better on Cork, even on another frequency.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Spirit are only using about 5 KW night so unlikely you will get them with decent signal strength regardless of the channel.
    When ICB were using the same tx at around 12 KW, day and night, the daytime signal was OKish around Clonmel but poor in the town. I can't imagine it been any better on Cork, even on another frequency.

I mentioned Cork as to how potent the Algerian 549 signal is that I couldn't even make it out in the background. This on a car radio (I couldn't try nulling Algeria out like with a good ferrite rod portable radio) . I'm well aware it is not enough power to give an acceptable signal in Cork anyway, but if it were on 567 it would be clearer in places up the country where it is might then be listenable at night where it isn't now.

The Algerian 549 transmitter seemed to be a good bit lower powered back when the unlicensed UCB (United Christian Broadcasters) Relay (a.k.a. ICB) was on the air

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Spirit don't give a **** about AM. They're only on 549 to fulfill the conditions of their licence.

They have 11 FM relays on air now, no clue how they are affording them

They are audible on MW in pockets of Northern Ireland where there is no reception of anything on FM from the republic. Handy in such places just to listen to the hourly news (if you have no interest in the station otherwise) on a car radio that cannot tune to RTE's 252 (most modern cars it seems).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Antenna wrote:
    I mentioned Cork as to how potent the Algerian 549 signal is that I couldn't make it out in the background. This on a car radio (I couldn't try nulling Algeria out like with a ferrite rod portable radio) . I'm well aware it is not enough power to give an acceptable signal in Cork anyway, but if it were on 567 it would be clearer in places up the country where it is might then be listenable at night where it isn't now.

Antenna wrote:
    I mentioned Cork as to how potent the Algerian 549 signal is that I couldn't make it out in the background. This on a car radio (I couldn't try nulling Algeria out like with a ferrite rod portable radio) . I'm well aware it is not enough power to give an acceptable signal in Cork anyway, but if it were on 567 it would be clearer in places up the country where it is might then be listenable at night where it isn't now.

Antenna wrote:
    The Algerian 549 transmitter seemed to be a good bit lower powered back when the unlicensed UCB (United Christian Broadcasters) Relay (aka ICB) was on the air

Sorry if I've offend you. It wasnt my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

notice 107.1 off air ?

ITV2 wrote: »
    notice 107.1 off air ?
    Hmmm - was just listening in the car 20 minutes ago. They seemed live.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

off here in D24 area...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Rock Solid

ITV2 wrote: »
    off here in D24 area...

101.5 on tonight.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    101.5 on tonight.

All temporary frequencys clear now until XMAS FM starts end of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Rock Solid wrote: »
    All temporary frequencys clear now until XMAS FM starts end of November.

At least two more Dublin temps between now and Christmas FM. Heed FM and 8Radio.com due on shortly (Heed first, 8 Later!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SimonMaher wrote: »
    At least two more Dublin temps between now and Christmas FM. Heed FM and 8Radio.com due on shortly (Heed first, 8 Later!).

What's heed all about do you know?

Edit: found it. http://www.axisballymun.ie/axis-all-areas/heed-fm-@-axis

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

As per Losty Dublin in the TXFM thread, Christmas FM are to take over TXFM (ex. Phantom)'s frequency in Dublin for 2016. They have also added new relays in Kilkenny city and Wicklow town

Dublin: 105.2 ex. 94.3
    Cork: 106.7
    Limerick: 105.2 (possible typo for 105.5)
    Kilkenny city: 104.3
    Wicklow town: 106.6
    South East: 103.8
    Galway city: 89.5
    Kildare (Saggart): 88.1
    Bray: 107.3 (ex. 99.5)
    Longford (Cairn Hill): 101.6
    Cavan: 99.4

Ho, Ho, Ho, more dam Xmas music !

• Advertisement

Cork:

87.5 - Klub FM
    87.8 - "PLAY-878" as per RDS
    88.7 - Juice FM (CSN??)
    104.9 - DHR (Deep House Radio)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What's happened? All pirates are off in Dublin tonight with the exception of no.1fm

I noticed Ninties were silent and the stream was gone too. Suggests a problem at the studio.

Phever went as well, but the stream remained on.

Then Heat went off later.

Last I checked 88.1 Rince and 92.0 were on - are they gone also now?

I noticed Ninties were silent and the stream was gone too. Suggests a problem at the studio.

Phever went as well, but the stream remained on.

Then Heat went off later.

Last I checked 88.1 Rince and 92.0 were on - are they gone also now?

There's a strong rumor of Comreg activity tomorrow Friday.

I wonder if Ninties lost their studio (as 107.1 was on, but blank), and the others all switched off as a precaution? Just a guess.

I wonder if Ninties lost their studio (as 107.1 was on, but blank), and the others all switched off as a precaution? Just a guess.

No, all OK at 90s

Well, they definitely have something seriously wrong. The online stream and FM feed went dead yesterday afternoon. That suggests to me an “issue” at the studio. Then separately the TX went off either late last night or this morning. They are saying on their FB page they say they’ll be back on FM this morning. Stream remains offline.

Nineties are back on FM now.

Church broadcasts:

Around the Kilarney area Co. Kerry noted a church broadcast on 86.66 MHz (you would need a radio capable of Japanese FM band / multiband radio / scanner etc to receive that)

Also, which seemed to be from the north of Co. Kerry I received a weak church transmission on 106.0

• Advertisement

Antenna wrote: »
    Church broadcasts:

Around the Kilarney area Co. Kerry noted a church broadcast on 86.66 MHz (you would need a radio capable of Japanese FM band / multiband radio / scanner etc to receive that)

Also which seemed to be from the north of Co. Kerry I received a weak church transmission on 106.0

The Church in Tramore has a great range due to its height on 105.4 even stronger than Tramore Community Radio !

Advertisement