Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

marno21 wrote: »
    Cork:

87.5 - Klub FM
    87.8 - "PLAY-878" as per RDS
    88.7 - Juice FM (CSN??)
    104.9 - DHR (Deep House Radio)

Juice fm is CSN. What music was on PLAY?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Juice fm is CSN. What music was on PLAY?

Was wondering alright cos Juice was playing CHR music at 10pm.

PLAY was playing pop/dance/R&B iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was wondering alright cos Juice was playing CHR music at 10pm.

PLAY was playing pop/dance/R&B iirc

Did PLAY have a strong signal or any jingle I,Ds or just RDS?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Was reasonably strong, much stronger than Juice FM which was gone by the time I went west of Victoria Cross.

Can't remember too much about it because I put 96FM back on after a minute, not sure about jingles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Antenna

Juice FM which was gone by the time I went west of Victoria Cross.

Were they still on the air at the time, or was it that they had gone off the air for the night?

I think they are only on a series of Thursdays until Xmas, and then a series of Tuesdays and Thursdays, after Xmas.

Also using 88.7 the temp community station in Kilkenny also returned a few weeks ago (attached more details)

BTW I discovered a mystery 'blank carrier' on 88.7 on car radio whilst in a car park the other day, only to discover it was being radiated by one of those dome type security cameras up a pole there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Antenna wrote: »
    Were they still on the air at the time, or was it that they had gone off the air for the night?

I think they are only on a series of Thursdays until Xmas, and then a series of Tuesdays and Thursdays, after Xmas.

Also using 88.7 the temp community station in Kilkenny also returned a few weeks ago (attached more details)

BTW I discovered a mystery 'blank carrier' on 88.7 on car radio whilst in a car park the other day, only to discover it was being radiated by one of those dome type security cameras up a pole there.

NINETIES weekend next weekend all relays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Only pirate on while goinging through dublin yesterday was 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Heat was on 99.5 also.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Heat was on 99.5 also.

101.5 also on tonight. RINCE was on Thursday night seems off air since Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Rock Solid wrote: »
    NINETIES weekend next weekend all relays

can you clarify what you mean?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

can you clarify what you mean?

Looks like many pirates are set to relay 90s next weekend.

Checked this evening.RDS has changed to PLAY_878. Sound quality very poor, does have jingles. Reception variable in Wilton area. Random mix of pop-dance music.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Looks like many pirates are set to relay 90s next weekend.

ah i see. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I suppose for what's in it if someone wants to do a more comprehensive Dublin scan but mainly for these two..

DUBLIN - FM - TXFM - 105.20FM - STEREO - STRONG.
    DUBLIN - FM - NINETIES - 107.10FM - STEREO - STRONG.

Best of luck to all involved in both stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

People in certain licensed radio stations should be ashamed of themselves - In the days of Spotify and other streaming services, the general public are leaving the FM band in their droves.
    The presence of a highly professional station like 90's on the band brings people back to the radio - some of these people may flick down the band and stumble across 104, 98 or even 4FM.
    The people who have made life hard for 90's also forget where they came from.
    Radio is doomed in this country and the people who are involved in the licensed end of the spectrum need to take stock and get out of their glass houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

kazoo106 wrote: »
    People in certain licensed radio stations should be ashamed of themselves - In the days of Spotify and other streaming services, the general public are leaving the FM band in their droves.
    The presence of a highly professional station like 90's on the band brings people back to the radio - some of these people may flick down the band and stumble across 104, 98 or even 4FM.
    The people who have made life hard for 90's also forget where they came from.
    Radio is doomed in this country and the people who are involved in the licensed end of the spectrum need to take stock and get out of their glass houses.

Spot on. Sooner the better in my option, even at that the BCI still won't get the finger out and cop the fúck on, some serious relaxation needs to happen with regulation. The BCI are strangling the life out of FM, then 90s come along and the other stations are up in arms over it. Imagine, a station on air less that 10 months and stations that are on air years are up in arms over the new kid on the block. Now if that is not signalling to the BCI something is seriously wrong, how many more TXFM's are going to have to close down before they get there head out of there arses.

Perfect example, BCI tender out license for Newstalk, a news fúcking station of all things! And don't relax the conditions for other broadcasters, considering the fact that there is literally a NEWS station for you guessed it NEWS and even better it's nationwide!

Well that's me out, online for me and personal media, good night and good bless FM, I will listen again when the BCI get there grubby little fingers out of the business of these stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Morning all storm 104,2 n_east relaying nineties this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Also on AM 6205kHz 49m

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Also on AM 6205kHz 49m

Would that be Short Wave?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Spot on. Sooner the better in my option, even at that the BCI still won't get the finger out and cop the fúck on, some serious relaxation needs to happen with regulation. The BCI are strangling the life out of FM, then 90s come along and the other stations are up in arms over it. Imagine, a station on air less that 10 months and stations that are on air years are up in arms over the new kid on the block. Now if that is not signalling to the BCI something is seriously wrong, how many more TXFM's are going to have to close down before they get there head out of there arses.

Perfect example, BCI tender out license for Newstalk, a news fúcking station of all things! And don't relax the conditions for other broadcasters, considering the fact that there is literally a NEWS station for you guessed it NEWS and even better it's nationwide!

Well that's me out, online for me and personal media, good night and good bless FM, I will listen again when the BCI get there grubby little fingers out of the business of these stations.

Yeah I fully agree with you and other comments, I have been doing a radio course this summer and have been involved with some of the above Licenced stations, I also know people in 90s and there getting a hard time from so called professionals you wouldn't believe the crap going on and the nasty stuff that was done on those involved, It's amazing what a small high powered professional station managed by a handful of professional people can do, the BAI need to wake up and change the format for future possible applications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭JDxtra

In Dublin, Rince back on 88.1 now and the RDS has changed to "OLDSKOOL". Also, 92.0 back on air - didn't get an ID though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JDxtra wrote: »
    In Dublin, Rince back on 88.1 now and the RDS has changed to "OLDSKOOL". Also, 92.0 back on air - didn't get an ID though.

92.0 is soulcity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Dublin pirates are all very quiet this afternoon. Comreg must be out and about or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Dublin pirates are all very quiet this afternoon. Comreg must be out and about or something.

Technical issues at 107.1 apparently - Oldskool on 88.1, SoulCity off

Seems clear soulcity is sending what's playing on the FM feed to the stream rather than the other way around as i just locked in on tunein and heard white noise with faint talking in the background

Locked in again tonight and same white noise with spirit and i think bbc r3 cutting in

Locked in again tonight and same white noise with spirit and i think bbc r3 cutting in

was the same for me last night and earlier today, earlier tonight it sounded like it was coming on for a split second and then going off, however it's back on with a blank carrier now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Rumor has it that rince radio were raided this afternoon by officials from comreg and gardi all tx equiptment and ariels removed in raid can someone clarifie this iimformation

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PL259

easyradio wrote: »
    Rumor has it that rince radio were raided this afternoon by officials from comreg and gardi all tx equiptment and ariels removed in raid can someone clarifie this iimformation

That's Correct, Sounds like Comreg hit the wrong site, 90s coming from the same area, There the ones making the money & play songs similar to 4FM & Q102.

• Advertisement

easyradio wrote: »

Yes, mast stripped, coax and antenna taken, tx safe.

Advertisement