Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The One About Optimum Strategies for Co-Op Content...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    Can I get some advice on turret management for Aksis phase 1? When I'm up close during captain killing / servitor spawning, I'm hyper aware of turret #3 returning. I'm using a shotty on it which kills it in one, but if I fire too soon, I'm a sitting duck in front of it, and (at least last night) relying on self rez to get me through it.

I was on your side during the encouter. You move/stand WAY too far forward

Like a load of times you were practically underneath the Turret and the Captain was getting line of sight with you before I was even ready to go in and drop him

I mean I would have said something..... but that "Railing Wipe"... sooo...... yeah

TL:DR: Stand further back for Aksis Phase 1, like back where the Servitor plate is

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I think I just need to give a wider berth to the cannon captain. I'm generally a bomb thrower and tended to move up with the cannoneer in anticipation of staying by the servitor. Turret #2 is the one just before the cannon captain and he's fine. It's turret #3 that I need to be wary of, the one that spawn s while the servitor is roaming towards the plate after the cannoneer has left.

I tend to stare down the turret, and only turn away from it when throwing the bombs.

I wonder if a trip-mine would disable the turret?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Cormac... wrote: »
    TL:DR: Stand further back for Aksis Phase 1, like back where the Servitor plate is

This! As i cannon man I try to get the servitor down at the top of the steps. It allows the charge thrower more options when aiming for targets. Also it'll allow to you have cover at the top of the steps and just pop out when needed for the turrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

To me it reads like you (PetKing) are putting too much of an emphasis on getting the turrets down immediately - they are a threat but not a massive one (imo). I just take it out with my Chaos Dogma from distance - 4 shots or so and its gone.

My checklist (if not going to kill the captain myself) was:

1. Main body of ads.
    2. Turret.
    3. Remain ads to take some more pressure off Cal while he then goes for the Captain.

Then I go get the cannon.

If I am going for the Captain myself steps 1 and 2 remain the same. When heading for the captain I try to see where he is positioned and looking on my approach and then flank him.

As Generic says - stay back. The area around the stairs is fine for 90% of the time here. You only need to go beyond this area to 1. get the captain and 2. throw bombs. If you aren't the one to take out the captain, there is no need for you to move forward until a bomb is to be thrown. You can still get line of sight on any ads or the turret as needed. In the first phase too, the cannoners can fire a shot into the turret if needed, they don't need to be saving shots for Aksis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

nevelator wrote: »
    I tend to stare down the turret, and only turn away from it when throwing the bombs.

I wonder if a trip-mine would disable the turret?

Nev and his trip-mines, a better love story than Twilight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    I was on your side during the encouter. You move/stand WAY too far forward

I admit I definitely move too far forward, was just the method I learned from NM, it was never an issue then but now it is. I need to play more conservatively with the turrets in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I admit I definitely move too far forward, was just the method I learned from NM, it was never an issue then but now it is. I need to play more conservatively with the turrets in play.

10154996_766624926704289_1596469661_n_fa_rszd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Watched that vid yesterday. He only ever used WoL. No mention of a Tether at all, which, considering the perks on the IF, is a bit of an oversight, no? He goes on about the perfect sequence getting all crit shots. It's fine and dandy with Primaries and Secondaries as it is a lot easier to get head shots, but when reviewing a HMG, the prudent thing to do would be to demonstrate with a Tether, turning every shot into a crit, considering this is the best strat for all bosses anyway.

Watched that vid yesterday. He only ever used WoL. No mention of a Tether at all, which, considering the perks on the IF, is a bit of an oversight, no? He goes on about the perfect sequence getting all crit shots. It's fine and dandy with Primaries and Secondaries as it is a lot easier to get head shots, but when reviewing a HMG, the prudent thing to do would be to demonstrate with a Tether, turning every shot into a crit, considering this is the best strat for all bosses anyway.

1,000,000%

Watching the vid that was the 1st thing that stuck out. I mean when 3 of us were using If Materia with Tether it was absolutely rinsing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Cormac... wrote: »
    1,000,000%

Watching the vid that was the 1st thing that stuck out. I mean when 3 of us were using If Materia with Tether it was absolutely rinsing him

I guessing a tether is harder to control and exactly replicate than WoL for buff comparison.

To me, it's the equivalent of Testing a Dark Drinker on Aksis while standing 40 feet away from him. Makes no sense

Does a tether turn every shot into a crit for the purposes of perks? I thought you still needed to be hitting the crit spot to proc the perks - that is how it has always seemed to me. Tehter gives you crit damage output for body ****s but hitting the crit spot is still a higher damage output (over and above the normal damage for crit hits) so I don't think tether would make a difference here in terms of maxing the bullets (but would obviously make a difference to DPS).

I guess that would make sense.

Does a tether turn every shot into a crit for the purposes of perks? I thought you still needed to be hitting the crit spot to proc the perks - that is how it has always seemed to me. Tehter gives you crit damage output for body ****s but hitting the crit spot is still a higher damage output (over and above the normal damage for crit hits) so I don't think tether would make a difference here in terms of maxing the bullets (but would obviously make a difference to DPS).

Exactly this. You still need to precision hit the boss to proc weapon bonuses. Tethering the warpriest was all well and good, but body 'crits' meant you had to reload.

^^^with Black Spindle^^^

Oh... ummm.... I was being sarcastic guys....

a good vid guide on Vosik.

Wouldn't personally use Gally on captains, feels like I would be leaving a lot of DPS out vs Vosik - but its a good vid guide in general.

He backs Generic's holding the bombs for an extra phase plan too. I generally prefer to get Vosik down to DPS as quickly as possible - because people die far too commonly, imo, to add in additional rounds of ads, for an extra bit of DPS from the bombs.

Wouldn't personally use Gally on captains, feels like I would be leaving a lot of DPS out vs Vosik - but its a good vid guide in general.

There was an incident last night on Vosik at the captain. I was using my HMG on him, and Dude fired a rocket from behind me. I was between them. The rocket hit the captain but I died from a bizarre misadventure in the blast.

There was an incident last night on Vosik at the captain. I was using my HMG on him, and Dude fired a rocket from behind me. I was between them. The rocket hit the captain but I died from a bizarre misadventure in the blast.

I guess the lesson to be learned from this is don't get between dude and his target :)

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote:
    I guess the lesson to be learned from this is don't get between dude and his target

I remember my first Crota where I danced the strafing dance during the rockets part! Good to freshen up on my strat.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

I remember my first Crota where I danced the strafing dance during the rockets part! Good to freshen up on my strat.

ah that ledge at Crota. Where so many Guardians died due to friendly fire!

That was essentially what we were doing last night yeah Knave? You bubbles for Abuses?

Datto kind of glossed over how the right side manages ads, saying they just deal DPS to the Templar?!

That was essentially what we were doing last night yeah Knave? You bubbles for Abuses?

Datto kind of glossed over how the right side manages ads, saying they just deal DPS to the Templar?!

Yeah, kinda. I went left with Abuses initially, more to help out with the Oracle spawns, if they where both on that side. If I had a bubble ready, I'd pop it on the TP. Towards the end of the attempt though, I started to rotate back to the Right side.

I think maybe we should leave at least 1 more over on left with Relic Holder, but keep them at the back. That way he can rotate over to Right side and help with Adds.

I'm thinking, if we do it this way, we can rotate out the person who stays at the back, as they are fairly well protected behind the pillars, making it slightly easier to get off some heavy damage. Once that persons heavy is gone, swap out with someone else. That way, Relic Holder can call for add help if needed, and if not, just help out with Right Side adds and get the SS shots into Templar.

When I switched to SS, we got him down to roughly half health fairly quickly. SS seems to be the heavy to go with for boss phases.

Not one of his best guides at all at all imho. Seeing him running relic on Templar is not as useful as you'd think as it really does gloss over "oh yeah, the 4 boyos over there are doing some s**t too, but don't sweat it".... I was one of those guys :/

We were trying the challenge with 1 Titan, it was laughable how bad we were doing, especially since the death by oracles wipes your super so you just gotta wait around for 4 mins after that :(

Not one of his best guides at all at all imho. Seeing him running relic on Templar is not as useful as you'd think as it really does gloss over "oh yeah, the 4 boyos over there are doing some s**t too, but don't sweat it".... I was one of those guys :/

We were trying the challenge with 1 Titan, it was laughable how bad we were doing, especially since the death by oracles wipes your super so you just gotta wait around for 4 mins after that :(

It would be nice to see a PoV vid from one of his Fireteam on Right Side. One thing from the vid though, 2 on left and 4 right. Templars health went down fairly quickly so it must be just, concentrate on adds. When none left, spam heavy. Return to adds. He goes over to Right Side at one point and there's nothing. He even has time to take out a Minotaur in the cave.

Another factor to remember is, Math Class have run the 'No Teleport' strategy before, so are aware of what is required. Don't know about you or the lads, but I've never run it that way. (Only ever ran the whole encounter legit a handful of times, then on to cheese mode)

We had three Titans last night, made things no less hairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Post on Reddit of a bloke soloing the challenge, with a strategy that works for a fireteam. Relic holder is responsible for both circles, with the rest of the team doing DPS/ mob control. Seems fairly straightforward, probably need a bit of luck with mobs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Post on Reddit of a bloke soloing the challenge, with a strategy that works for a fireteam. Relic holder is responsible for both circles, with the rest of the team doing DPS/ mob control. Seems fairly straightforward, probably need a bit of luck with mobs etc.

That's basically what we did. The relic holder was responsible for blocking the Templar, the other 5 stayed at the front area where you jump down and all dps the Templar ignoring the adds as they stay down in the main area.

Advertisement