Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The One About Optimum Strategies for Co-Op Content...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    Explosive rounds in the final phase of Aksis are meh since shanks don't proc it. Dude and Redzer had a whole back and forth about it the other night :pac:

I was merely poking fun after the fact. It was someone *unknown* else having a go for using KF Pulse.
    *snort*.... explosive rounds will proc. its firefly that won't - firefly was the subject of the discussion.

Yep firefly, I was turning that option off on HJ and running Underdog.
    Hung Jury with max stability (97/100) hands down.

Thats all well and good but you haven't used Chaos Dogma, technically over 40 rounds before needing a reload. In last nights run I ended up using my sniper on shanks and primary on Aksis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Definitive Sleeper Simulant vs G-Horn testing

dudeeile wrote: »
    I was merely poking fun after the fact. It was someone *unknown* else having a go for using KF Pulse.

That was meant to say include myself too of course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

dudeeile wrote: »
    Thats all well and good but you haven't used Chaos Dogma, technically over 40 rounds before needing a reload. In last nights run I ended up using my sniper on shanks and primary on Aksis.

I really am looking forward to getting both the AR and SR. The perks on both look very tasty

I really am looking forward to getting both the AR and SR. The perks on both look very tasty

These 10pm Raids seem to a bit short on takers. I will do one this week if you need a hand, just not tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

These 10pm Raids seem to a bit short on takers. I will do one this week if you need a hand, just not tonight

Ah I wouldn't expect everyone to jump to a reply, nor expect anyone to run it fully twice in the one night. If it happens it happens. If not, ah well, woe is me. :p

The later raids where always slow at the start of a new Raid cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah I wouldn't expect everyone to jump to a reply, nor expect anyone to run it fully twice in the one night. If it happens it happens. If not, ah well, woe is me. :p

The later raids where always slow at the start of a new Raid cycle.

Ah Knave from next week I should be hitting up a few of the later raids so i'll give you a hand. I might even go on a raid run tonight depending on how tired I am when I get home :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Definitive Sleeper Simulant vs G-Horn testing

That was meant to say include myself too of course

4 of us used the sleeper last night, it melted him so I'm just going with my sleeper for him from now on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,111 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

We absolutely melted him last night - no clue what people were using though. I was just using the Outbreak Prime (SUCH FUN IN THE RAID) and the Cannons - think I may have fired two or three rockets from the raid rocket launcher at him in total.

We absolutely melted him last night - no clue what people were using though. I was just using the Outbreak Prime (SUCH FUN IN THE RAID) and the Cannons - think I may have fired two or three rockets from the raid rocket launcher at him in total.

Well with WoL each crit was doing 36k and then with WoL and tether it was 39500+ @ LL 370 with a 371 sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'd be up for a 10pm raid this evening if we can get the numbers.

• Advertisement

nevelator wrote: »
    I'd be up for a 10pm raid this evening if we can get the numbers.

OK I will scrap my story line play through and we get Knave into a 10PM raid, I will throw it up in the arrange a raid thread :D

We absolutely melted him last night - no clue what people were using though.

2x Tether, WoL, 2x Viking Funeral and 3x8 Fully Charged Cannon Shots and a whole group of us between 372(?) and 380(?) so that was >2 million damage from just 3 of us each run with the Cannons. Felt unfair alright.

2x Tether, WoL, 2x Viking Funeral and 3x8 Fully Charged Cannon Shots and a whole group of us between 372(?) and 380(?) so that was >2 million damage from just 3 of us each run with the Cannons. Felt unfair alright.

Poor aksis, what did he ever do on you guys :O

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Poor aksis, what did he ever do on you guys :O

It was terrible Joe, terrible. :(

It was terrible Joe, terrible. :(

I think when everyone is 385 we all go in and see how quick we can melt him with sleepers :pac:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think when everyone is 385 we all go in and see how quick we can melt him with sleepers :pac:

Would have had him in 3 runs at one stage but then we were worried we'd get him down to that final "5% F**k you" and not have sufficient ammo in our best weapons to drop him so we kind of just farmed a 4th run and tickled him a bit and then WHAM cannons+tether for the final phase.

Would have had him in 3 runs at one stage but then we were worried we'd get him down to that final "5% F**k you" and not have sufficient ammo in our best weapons to drop him so we kind of just farmed a 4th run and tickled him a bit and then WHAM cannons+tether for the final phase.

On the final phase when he goes to the middle again, if you get 2 people to hold a clip of sleeper sim each then he will go down from those 2 alone so there should be no panic with others hammering him with gjally etc too ;)

Pro-Tip!
    When carrying parts in the zamboni encounter, you can manually drop them to kill adds

When carrying a part, most people wait until they are required to drop it, which gets them killed sometimes if there are too many adds and they don't have enough support from teamates.
    You can just press the switch weapons button (triangle on ps4) to drop a part in that case and kill adds!!!
    Another tip for this part is that warlocks with the new exotic boots move very fast when holding a part while crouching. This may also work with keen scout, but i'm not 100% sure on this (perk description reads : "Sprint and Sneak faster..." Sneak = crouch walking).
    Edit: Keen scout crouching with a part does indeed seem to make you go faster, just like the warlock boots.

Also, maybe these will be more of a hinderance than a help though :P
    keen scout does indeed work the same way. you can also walk faster without a part than with one and use this to your advantage (walk behind someone carrying a part and push them to almost normal walking speed - very useful for the engine part with time running out)
    Also, for those using Raze Lighter, use the heavy sword attack on those carrying the parts. This pushes them quite a bit. If they jump at the same time you use the heavy attack, this propels them.

More Vids about doing Max Boss Damage. Handy for nayone without Raze Lighter or Sleeper Simulant

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Also, for those using Raze Lighter, use the heavy sword attack on those carrying the parts. This pushes them quite a bit. If they jump at the same time you use the heavy attack, this propels them.

Dude was doing this last night. His end-goal was slightly different though. He used it to push people away from the loot chests and the platforms at Aksis! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is using swords a viable strategy that groups have been employing?

Is using swords a viable strategy that groups have been employing?

Yes, for loads of reasons. G-Horn is not the beast it was in Year 1. Raze Lighter is a hand "get out of jail free card" and can deal whole damage to Captains while allowing you to stagger them and stay in 3rd person to sneak up. Plus tonnes of stuff with Void Shields in this raid makes Dark Drinker great too

Yes, for loads of reasons. G-Horn is not the beast it was in Year 1. Raze Lighter is a hand "get out of jail free card" and can deal whole damage to Captains while allowing you to stagger them and stay in 3rd person to sneak up. Plus tonnes of stuff with Void Shields in this raid makes Dark Drinker great too

I always claim a cannon, so have no need for a long range heavy - makes picking the sword so much easier for Aksis. Only issue is that I can't use the OP as my primary, which does excellent primary damage imo. I go Chaos Dragon, Sniper, Dark Drinker for Aksis. Don't have a raze lighter (or bolt caster) so Dark Drinker is my only sword option here - and it takes the captains out in one r2 move, usually).

Trying to take the captains out without a sword is a massive pain in the ass.

What will ye be infusing the 2nd OP into? I'm thinking 390 Raid Scout would be helpful for Hard Mode more than the Raid Auto Rifle or another Legendary?

What will ye be infusing the 2nd OP into? I'm thinking 390 Raid Scout would be helpful for Hard Mode more than the Raid Auto Rifle or another Legendary?

Thinking the same too - there are weapons I prefer, but I figure 390+ items won't be too far away, and the scout is probably going to be the best primary for the final fight. It would be between that and the raid auto for ad control during the rest of the raid.

Thinking the same too - there are weapons I prefer, but I figure 390+ items won't be too far away, and the scout is probably going to be the best primary for the final fight. It would be between that and the raid auto for ad control during the rest of the raid.

Voksis: I'll probably just use OP Prime (and a LMG or Raid RL).

Death Zamboni: Swords + Supers = Snipers (primary ain't used much),

Phase 1: OP (if Not running Cannon) / raid Scout + Shotty + Sword (if running Cannon) G-Horn (if not) again cause there are enemies with heads.

Phase 2: Scout + Sniper + Sword/SS/Canon

Voksis: I'll probably just use OP Prime (and a LMG or Raid RL).

Death Zamboni: Swords + Supers = Snipers (primary ain't used much),

Phase 1: OP + Shotty + Sword again cause there are enemies with heads.

Phase 2: Scout + Sniper + Sword/SS/Canon

Wouldn't even consider a non-exotic sword - so OP and Sword on Phase 1 isn't do-able. Is a non-exotic sword of much use vs captains? Do you not need the R2 attack?

I misspoke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »
    Dude was doing this last night. His end-goal was slightly different though. He used it to push people away from the loot chests and the platforms at Aksis! :D

It was one time at the platform, don't know anything about no loot chest. Like Cormac just informed everyone, I was practising for hard mode sword speedy pushing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is the OP quest difficult to get? That's next target going forward with the raid

Advertisement