Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The One About Optimum Strategies for Co-Op Content...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I knew I wasn't losing my mind getting confused last night about Oracle 2 and 3 on Venus. SEE!!!! They are in the "middle"

qeT5hbW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,141 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I knew I wasn't losing my mind getting confused last night about Oracle 2 and 3 on Venus. SEE!!!! They are in the "middle"

qeT5hbW.jpg

Everyone needs to memorize this picture..... KNOW THE LOCATION OF YOUR ORACLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Everyone needs to memorize this picture..... KNOW THE LOCATION OF YOUR ORACLE!

Ima gonna wing it thanks.

More Datto DPS Theory stuff.

Essentially go get yourself a Sleeper Simulant, High-Impact Sniper, A non-Adept VoG Primary and other recommendations are Chaos Dogma (WotM Scout) and Void Quintiplasm (WotM Shotty) or similar shotgun

Also doing Atheon last night with Optimus and having the Relic Holder responsible for Oracle 6 was a premium idea, saved a lot of confusion and helped with cleanses and getting in position for DPS fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Watching Teftyteft yesterday morning. He insisted that relic holder take oracle 3. Cue 5 other guardians either side of the gate screaming for cleanse and only about 15-20 seconds to dps. Also none of the team seemed to have a Scout equipped.

Oh how I laughed. The schadenfreude was satisfying.

• Advertisement

Push the Templar back 2 metres by using a single Votex grenade and profit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63ufn3/push_templer_2_meters_back_and_he_is_not_able_to/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/63ufn3/push_templer_2_meters_back_and_he_is_not_able_to/

Tried that 2 nights ago. It worked. For a bit. Then he moved forward again. Possibly another nade was thrown, or somehow reacting to Wolfpack Rounds.

Sleeper Simulant is best, despite the occasional suicide :O

Yeah, this version of VoG is really allowing SS come into it's own.

Fire nades with Viking Funeral, Tether, and SS hits for 55k per crit on Templar, 48ish non crit. That's close to half a million damage from 1 SS. Didn't get much luck with Atheon last night, but with 4? SS we got him to roughly half health I think.

Let's just keep going with what we were doing last night.

• Advertisement

Add Weapons of Light and you're talking ~62k (I think that's what I was getting last night)

Check to see if you have "Extra Fusion Rifle ammo" on any armour you're using.

This raid seems to be best suited to the reliable 2x2x2 comp
    Let's just keep going with what we were doing last night.

That might make life easier for those less comfortable with the Relic and using it to block both teleports

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is there any raid spots open tonight? Would like to get Atheon done at least once and not sure if I'll be on over weekend.

This raid seems to be best suited to the reliable 2x2x2 comp

Definitely for the Templar you need 2 Bubble Titans. Atheon I'd say you'd get away with 1.

That might make life easier for those less comfortable with the Relic and using it to block both teleports[/QUOTE]

We got him last night (of 3 nights) with everyone staying back behind the 2 pillars when you drop down, having Relic Holder guard Left TP, and the Titans covering Right TP. No adds to worry about (though we did have 1 or 2 random Minotaurs appear out of nowhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Relic holder took Oracle 3 in our runs last night, oops. I suppose going last means you don't have anyone strafing in front of your relic super (cough Chimp!) :P

Definitely for the Templar you need 2 Bubble Titans. Atheon I'd say you'd get away with 1.

That might make life easier for those less comfortable with the Relic and using it to block both teleports
    We got him last night (of 3 nights) with everyone staying back behind the 2 pillars when you drop down, having Relic Holder guard Left TP, and the Titans covering Right TP. No adds to worry about (though we did have 1 or 2 random Minotaurs appear out of nowhere)[/quote]

You're better off going 2x2x2. Just say knave you're the only hunter in group and you decide you grab the relic as you are comfortable using it. That means no tether.

You'll get way with 1 Warlock with an extra hunter/Titan.

You have to get Atheon in the 1st damage phase. It's a wipe if you don't to be honest.

It's weird now that VoG is essentially a support class raid.

NB: seems my phone quotes English not so well.

You'll get way with 1 Warlock with an extra hunter/Titan.

You have to get Atheon in the 1st damage phase. It's a wipe if you don't to be honest.

It's weird now that VoG is essentially a support class raid.

NB: seems my phone quotes English not so well.

Can remember when Hunters where pretty much considered useless.
    We got him down to roughly half health last night. I honestly didn't mind not getting him, as still trying to come to terms with the speed required to get in, kill oracle, get out.
    ust say knave you're the only hunter in group and you decide you grab the relic as you are comfortable using it.
    Funnily enough I was grabbing relic when I got teleported. We just needed to get our timing sorted. Non adept VoG primaries will be a must. (Praetorian Foil 2 shots the Oracles I think)

If it is a one run or else, everyone will need to become comfortable with Relic.

On Crotas End, on the Ir Yut challenge, you can have Hunters with GG and Celestial Nighthawk simply GG the closed Shrieker and it saves a tonne of time.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Community/Detail?itemId=224325107

• Registered Users Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

On Crotas End, on the Ir Yut challenge, you can have Hunters with GG and Celestial Nighthawk simply GG the closed Shrieker and it saves a tonne of time.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Community/Detail?itemId=224325107

I saw they had nerfed Sleeper's ability to kill the closed Shrieker, good to know.

I saw they had nerfed Sleeper's ability to kill the closed Shrieker, good to know.

I will find a way to get a kill with the Sleeper though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Kill or suicide?

• Advertisement

Suicide is a type of kill.....

Having trouble or can't be arsed getting all Gorgons legit.
    Potential [SGA] ???
    One guy crosses the labyrinth to the jumping puzzle without jumping down in the puzzle, everyone leaves to orbit except that guy.
    The guy left comes back in the labyrinth, and then everyone joins back in.
    The guy leaves and joins back (because the door will be closed)
    Enjoy killing the Gorgons while being able to revive because the darkness zone was cleared when the first guy got to the jumping puzzle.

Don't know exactly what needs to be done for Aksis challenge.

Encounter of the above video with comms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

And now theres a weapon that will do more damage than the Dark Drinker..... The FWC rocket launcher ;)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    And now theres a weapon that will do more damage than the Dark Drinker..... The FWC rocket launcher ;)

Not available now - was last weeks roll that maybe had that.

Saw stats up this morning that showed it doesn't come near Dark Drinker anyway - at least under WoL.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/HeyFitzy/status/854117859085234176

Dark Drinker is more helpful for Killing Captains also (better ammo economy) and has a much lower chance to cause suicides

I wouldn't get out of bed for a Vendor Rocket Launcher tbh. Only ever use them in PvP (have a god roll Tormands Bellows) and the occasionaly G-Horn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dark Drinker is more helpful for Killing Captains also (better ammo economy) and has a much lower chance to cause suicides

I wouldn't get out of bed for a Vendor Rocket Launcher tbh. Only ever use them in PvP (have a god roll Tormands Bellows) and the occasionaly G-Horn

:eek: Jesus man keep that stuff private :pac:

Yeah well just for those that want to use rockets they can like :P

Even with a Burn Modifier, I just find a relevant Rocket can't even kill a Major in PvE :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I watched this guy doing some rough maths with the warpath...

I think the point to note about using it is that you have time to spare once you have exhausted heavy to move to a sniper for additional DPS. Bit as Cormac says above, the trade off is heavy to lose the sword on the captains.

I'd like to see Datto so some proper maths assuming he has last week's Warpath

• Advertisement

Tbh, I find Dattos videos on the whole DPS'ing boss scene really "meh", like would it kill you to have a table at the end with some conclusions showing the various choices etc and a direct comparison instead of walls of numbers?

Watching his WP and Golg vid, I was like "Eh, I'm a keep using what I'm using, no one is pulling this 2-Solid-Minutes-of-DPS-on-Golg-Strat anywhere in the world"

Ex-Machina and Chaos Dogma are beast weapons for most Raid Boss Encounters now and generally speaking Sleeper Simulant is the go-to Exotic/Heavy for me.

I think Crota and Aksis are the exceptions, but for everyone of the other (7?) Boss in the 4 Raids, the above suffices perfectly.

Advertisement