Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The One About Optimum Strategies for Co-Op Content...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is the OP quest difficult to get? That's next target going forward with the raid

I'd focus on finishing the Raid 1st tbh

No point spending 6+ hours in a Raid and doing Monitors and all that jazz if you can't kill the final boss (since you wont get the quest)

If your full team is 365-380 (with an average of like 372+), you should be ok (if you give it a proper try) to kill the final boss so hence ok to attempt the quest within your 1st sitting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/56yes9/for_those_having_trouble_with_zamboni_on_wotm/
    As the title says, if you're having trouble with getting past the Zamboni part on Wrath of the Machine, you can slow down the timer by shooting the core on the siege engine. The core I reference is the part of the engine that glows brightly until it explodes, wiping your Fireteam. It is located if the front middle section of the siege engine, either directly to your right as you're jumping on top of the machine once you shoot the cannons off, or directly to your left as you're walking up the ramp to deliver the parts. I don't have actual statistics on how much the process is slowed, but there is a very noticeable difference on the cadence of the timer. The cadence will speed up as the timer reaches closer to zero. By shooting the core, the cadence will actually remain very nearly the same depending on the "DPS" you put out. For example, if you have only one Guardian firing at the core, the timer won't be slowed by much. But say you have three Guardians shooting the core, the timer will slow down dramatically. That being said, once all Guardians get to the siege engine with the parts, those who are not currently carrying the parts should start firing away at the core. Once the other three become exhausted, have them start shooting at the core while the other Guardians carry the part(s) to their respective places.
    Anecdotal confirmation: Next to the core there are two dials similar to the dials that charge up during the first part of Vosiks. When those dials reach full, the Great White Light appears and you wipe. While shooting the core with a shotgun I have seen the dials go backwards.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the OP quest difficult to get? That's next target going forward with the raid

If you're with a group who have completed it already you should be fine, we did monitors last night for someone who had never gotten to the final phase and the raid still took only about 90 minutes. Either way, it's no harm doing the monitors as it only adds about 20 minutes or so onto the overall raid I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got up to the 2nd Aksis phase last night before it was too late. Did the 4 monitors up to that point. Was good fun, fairly rained exotics from the various chests. Up to 361 on the titan now, would like to finish it. Cheers to Walsh for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hard Mode differences summarised
    - Entrance is same
    - Vosik takes 17 bombs to drop his shield, six bombs spawn each time. The monitors are the bigger ones in the center and have a lot more health. The safe rooms are shuttered, so you need to crouch/slide to get inside.
    - Zamoboni, only real change is that halfway through bringing the parts back, a walker spawns right in front of the ramp
    - 1st Phase Aksis, there are those turrets from story mode on each location, no change other than that.
    - 2nd Phase Aksis, the shield requires 7 bombs. 9 servitors spawn (similar to final wave in 1st phase). No changes other than that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The main change, as ever, is no revives - and if the runs I've been a part of are any indication that is all the change that is needed to go from 'knock this out of the park in an hour or so' to "FOR FCUK SAKE LADS, ITS 3AM, STOP FCUKING DYING. WHY THE FCUK ARE YOU GETTING KILLED BY SHANKS? DO YOU HAVE THUMBS? DO YOU? WELL FCUKING USE THEM."

- 1st Phase Aksis, there are those turrets from story mode on each location, no change other than that.

Can't for the life of me remember
    these turrets

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The main change, as ever, is no revives - and if the runs I've been a part of are any indication that is all the change that is needed to go from 'knock this out of the park in an hour or so' to "FOR FCUK SAKE LADS, ITS 3AM, STOP FCUKING DYING. WHY THE FCUK ARE YOU GETTING KILLED BY SHANKS? DO YOU HAVE THUMBS? DO YOU? WELL FCUKING USE THEM."

I gonna pop radiance to generate orbs - no fear of me dying.
    nevelator generated 1 orb of light.
    Guardian down.

• Advertisement

Can't for the life of me remember
    these turrets

They are in the new Phogoth Strike and Sepiks Perfected strike in the Foundry by the Cheese spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

"FOR FCUK SAKE LADS, ITS 3AM, STOP FCUKING DYING. WHY THE FCUK ARE YOU GETTING KILLED BY SHANKS? DO YOU HAVE THUMBS? DO YOU? WELL FCUKING USE THEM."

Was flicking from stream to stream last night while doing my paper work in the tower. Datto's teammates in particular were getting very pissy about deaths on Vosik.

Vosik on HM...
    looking forward to people sliding too early, or people sliding into each other blocking the clean room entrance :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    They are in the new Phogoth Strike and Sepiks Perfected strike in the Foundry by the Cheese spot

Ah,
    those things on the wall?
    Yarp yarp.
    Bastarding things.

PetKing wrote: »
    Was flicking from stream to stream last night while doing my paper work in the tower. Datto's teammates in particular were getting very pissy about deaths on Vosik.

:pac:

Datto actually had to do a video defending that craic after Normal mode.
    Tbf I can understand his "logic".

If you're doing a Blind Raid or a Speed Run or A Worlds First attempt, you need to bring your A-Game and stuff. And if all 6 of you agree to try be the 1st in the world and someone messes that up well, yeah, they'll be chewed out of it.

It's super frustrating when you are like "Stand here and do this 1 thing, that's all that matters" and that person ends up at the other side of the map throwing a super at something irrelevant and you get wiped as a result.

People play the game the way they want and get enjoyment from it in different ways. I think after a few completions people settle down and there's more banter and messing and stuff and I like that too. It's a duality

For me, it was doing the Raid Blind that I enjoyed. Looking forward to Hard Mode now. Pity it was so late last night.
    Did any group of 6 from the Clan attempt it? (not interested in LFG)

I was on around half 10 and didn't see anyone in the Raid. Everyone too busy cashing in bounties and engrams, running forge and CoO for that tasty artifact.

I was on around half 10 and didn't see anyone in the Raid. Everyone too busy cashing in bounties and engrams, running forge and CoO for that tasty artifact.

Yeah, if recommended Light is 390, I'll be fine anyway.

Have my 3 around 386+ and can just pop a few bits and pieces and get a few drops within the Raid. Be grand.

I'm not grinding Forge to desperately get a 390 Artifact only to do the Raid and end up at 396 and be like "OMG My artifact is only 390, this is so s**t"

Yeah, if recommended Light is 390, I'll be fine anyway.

Have my 3 around 386+ and can just pop a few bits and pieces and get a few drops within the Raid. Be grand.

I'm not grinding Forge to desperately get a 390 Artifact only to do the Raid and end up at 396 and be like "OMG My artifact is only 390, this is so s**t"

according to the thread I read on Reddit the recommended LL is 380 (which surprised me)

according to the thread I read on Reddit the recommended LL is 380 (which surprised me)

That probably rises like NM to 390 at Aksis I assume?

I heard...

Vosik: 380
    Zamboni and Phase 1: 390
    Phase 2: 400

• Advertisement

I heard...

Vosik: 380
    Zamboni and Phase 1: 390
    Phase 2: 400

thats what i would have thought. Not ran it myself. Only going by this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/589bx1/spoilers_wrath_of_the_machine_hard_mode_the/
    Recommended Light Level 380 - Info taken from the director
    The entire Raid encounters are at 390 Light level - Info taken from wipe screens within the Raid

Could well be wrong, haven't seen it corrected in the thread.

Ok, well entrance is probably 380 so. Same for Kings Fall. The Orbs are 10 levels beneath the Totems

Those SIVA mites are gonna STING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The spot I'm most concerned about prior to the boss is the Zamboni section with the drop ships. Those bouncing bombs will almost one shot you in NM even when you're at a high level.

The spot I'm most concerned about prior to the boss is the Zamboni section with the drop ships. Those bouncing bombs will almost one shot you in NM even when you're at a high level.

saw a clip of that section of the raid this morning and someone at 387 tanked a drop ship bomb. Maybe it was slash damage rather than a direct hit though.

Can I get some advice on turret management for Aksis phase 1? When I'm up close during captain killing / servitor spawning, I'm hyper aware of turret #3 returning. I'm using a shotty on it which kills it in one, but if I fire too soon, I'm a sitting duck in front of it, and (at least last night) relying on self rez to get me through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

PetKing wrote: »
    Can I get some advice on turret management for Aksis phase 1? When I'm up close during captain killing / servitor spawning, I'm hyper aware of turret #3 returning. I'm using a shotty on it which kills it in one, but if I fire too soon, I'm a sitting duck in front of it, and (at least last night) relying on self rez to get me through it.

I'm the cannon man on the right side on my team. I only disable the turret when we're just about to start pushing from the steps. Charge Thrower then just needs to keep an eye on it.

I imagine that its the same for middle and left. Hang back and let adds come to you. When Captains come out disable the turret and then move in for the captain.

Daraa wrote: »
    I'm the cannon man on the right side on my team. I only disable the turret when we're just about to start pushing from the steps. Charge Thrower then just needs to keep an eye on it.

I imagine that its the same for middle and left. Hang back and let adds come to you. When Captains come out disable the turret and then move in for the captain.

Middle is a little easier to manage the turret, as the adds are bottlenecked at the stairs, you can just take the turret out whenever it spawns. Yes, need to be very aware of it when the cannon runner is down taking care of the Captain, but it is fairly manageable.

As Daraa said - the person killing the captain shouldn't be worrying about the turret.

1. you should hang back and wait for the turret to respawn and kill it before going in (they respawn on a 20sec timer).
    2. The player not killing the captain should be keeping an eye on it while the captain killer is heading in.

Last night, for example, I was hanging back keeping an eye on the turret while n-o-cal dealt with the captain (self-rez warlock) and then I went in and picked up the cannon and n-o-cal switched to bomb/turret duty.

• Advertisement

Middle is a little easier to manage the turret, as the adds are bottlenecked at the stairs, you can just take the turret out whenever it spawns. Yes, need to be very aware of it when the cannon runner is down taking care of the Captain, but it is fairly manageable.

I think I just need to give a wider berth to the cannon captain. I'm generally a bomb thrower and tended to move up with the cannoneer in anticipation of staying by the servitor. Turret #2 is the one just before the cannon captain and he's fine. It's turret #3 that I need to be wary of, the one that spawn s while the servitor is roaming towards the plate after the cannoneer has left.

Advertisement