Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The One About Optimum Strategies for Co-Op Content...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    As an empowered bomb thrower, I don't move until after I've thrown my bomb.

As the empowered bomb thrower you shouldnt be moving tho?
    All 3 bomb throwers stay in place and the cannon holders do the swapping cos they are already leaving their side to go elsewhere and get a servitor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What Jonny said, only move if someone is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Sorry, I thought that was a given.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sorry, I thought that was a given.

Tis all good man :D we know you have that section down so we will let that slide :P now if you forget how to do Oryx then your in trouble :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Tis all good man we know you have that section down so we will let that slide now if you forget how to do Oryx then your in trouble

I could still use an afternoon at a cannon shooting range though! There just isn't the chance to get the right timing for me in the raid. Depending on who I talk to, it's anywhere from a second to 4/5 seconds on the trigger pull. :/

• Advertisement

I could still use an afternoon at a cannon shooting range though! There just isn't the chance to get the right timing for me in the raid. Depending on who I talk to, it's anywhere from a second to 4/5 seconds on the trigger pull. :/

It's ~2.5 seconds. It does a little "bleep" thingy apparently

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just don't let go of the trigger until you see the hit marker flash, or else just keep looking at Aksis and wait to see the damage numbers from the explosion.

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's ~2.5 seconds. It does a little "bleep" thingy apparently

Yeah its approx 2 to 2.5 seconds and you hear a beep if you have game sounds on. Maybe we can grab a cheackpoint later and run a cannon session later in the week to get used to it for people?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just don't let go of the trigger until you see the hit marker flash, or else just keep looking at Aksis and wait to see the damage numbers from the explosion.

For the final part you dont need full charges from the cannon tho from what i understand. Theres 2 charges, 1 beep followed by another beep, for the final part you only need to go as far as the first beep on him but im open to correction on that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonnycivic wrote: »
    For the final part you dont need full charges from the cannon tho from what i understand. Theres 2 charges, 1 beep followed by another beep, for the final part you only need to go as far as the first beep on him but im open to correction on that.

Does it do the same amount of damage? Hadn't realised that, have still been managing to get all the rounds off though.

• Advertisement

Does it do the same amount of damage? Hadn't realised that, have still been managing to get all the rounds off though.

I genuinly dont know. Fats explained it to us as not needing a full charge but if you got all shots off on full charge then thats exactly what you want to do as full charge will do more damage. Datto had a good video up in relation to DPS from Gjally and Sleeper to aksis, sleeper won hands down so he might have one for details on the cannons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,153 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the cannons aren't the same as teh ones from HoW(which had 2 stages after sticking) - these only have the one. Fire it, stick it to him, wait for the beep (or the stuck bomb will get bigger/brighter if you are looking at it) and release. Don't need to wait any longer. With weapons, tether and viking funeral I'd be doing over 110,000 on the charged explosion.

AFAIK: WotM Cannons do not function the same way House of Wolves/PoE cannons work. Those were like 4-5 seconds, these are half that.

Any ole newbie will have time to make it to the WoL Bubble and pop off 6 Cannon Shots, as you get good you can get off 7-8 shots. Maybe 9 if you are pro-MLG

I basically only use my Raid Scout and Event Horizon on the 1st 2 teleports, maybe a single Cannon shot if I'm feeling cheeky

Been firing 1 or 2 cannon shots on first teleport, 3 or 4 on second and saving the last 4 or 5 for the tether/WoL on the last phase. Usually have time to get off a clip of 1000YS too.

Been firing 1 or 2 cannon shots on first teleport, 3 or 4 on second and saving the last 4 or 5 for the tether/WoL on the last phase. Usually have time to get off a clip of 1000YS too.

Better off saving as many Cannon shots for last phase instead of using so many on phase 1 and 2. The snipers are doing like 4x20 or 3x25k? Cannons are doing 90k-105k so better return on investment using like 8 shots during the final phase. Get your sniper jollies off during phase 1 or 2 cause of maths

Better off saving as many Cannon shots for last phase instead of using so many on phase 1 and 2. The snipers are doing like 4x20 or 3x25k? Cannons are doing 90k-105k so better return on investment using like 8 shots during the final phase. Get your sniper jollies off during phase 1 or 2 cause of maths

My 370 1KYS with weapons and teather and explosive rounds are doing 20k for crits. And thats me at LL369.

On the first 2 stun phases you only need to use primary, the reason for it is to hold him in stun just a touch longer to make sure everyone is in position :)

My 370 1KYS with weapons and teather and explosive rounds are doing 20k for crits. And thats me at LL369.

On the first 2 stun phases you only need to use primary, the reason for it is to hold him in stun just a touch longer to make sure everyone is in position :)

My Event Horizon at about 374 was doing about 25k without WoL and Tether (but it's a 3 shot sniper). So that scales about right

My Event Horizon at about 374 was doing about 25k without WoL and Tether (but it's a 3 shot sniper). So that scales about right

Nice to know :D I might run sleeper sim on him tonight and see how we get on :D

Ill also keep my eye on the damage from my sniper and confirm exactly how much it is :)

Yeah I know, had been charging the cannon shots until the explode which apparently isn't necessary as I learned above.

You'll deal more damage on crits if you turn off explosive rounds but not sure if the tic damage from the explosion compensates or not so it might not matter.

Yeah I know, had been charging the cannon shots until the explode which apparently isn't necessary as I learned above.

You'll deal more damage on crits if you turn off explosive rounds but not sure if the tic damage from the explosion compensates or not so it might not matter.

The explosive rounds have been coming out with a combined higher for me than without them TBH so have just ran with it. I will test again later and see which is a better setup so :)

• Advertisement

Get your sniper jollies off

:eek: Dude....... leave poor snipers jollies alone :pac:

The explosive rounds have been coming out with a combined higher for me than without them TBH so have just ran with it. I will test again later and see which is a better setup so :)

Yeah I'm not sure if the lower crit damage is fully offset by the separate explosive damage or not, could very well be.

Explosive rounds in the final phase of Aksis are meh since shanks don't proc it. Dude and Redzer had a whole back and forth about it the other night :pac:

Explosive rounds in the final phase of Aksis are meh since shanks don't proc it. Dude and Redzer had a whole back and forth about it the other night :pac:

Im not using my sniper on shanks tho :P

Im not using my sniper on shanks tho :P

I was. F**kers spawn soooooo far away if you're on the side and it's easier to hit the horizontal metal railings like I seem to keep doing with that mule-kicking scout

I was. F**kers spawn soooooo far away if you're on the side and it's easier to hit the horizontal metal railings like I seem to keep doing with that mule-kicking scout

Im finding the raid auto very good for taking down the shanks quickly at aksis with the focused fire perk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,153 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

*snort*.... explosive rounds will proc. its firefly that won't - firefly was the subject of the discussion.

*snort*.... explosive rounds will proc. its firefly that won't - firefly was the subject of the discussion.

The amount of people getting triggered now looking at that post :pac:

Whatever. Ya'll still living in the Abyss/Fatebringer years. Grow up the lot of ye :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hung Jury with max stability (97/100) hands down.

Advertisement