Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boundary Extension for City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Yes Boss wrote: »
    I would love to see a copy of the appeal that was withdrawn. There are many reasons as to why an appeal could be withdrawn, however if I was a developer with that size of a development and one objector - I would ensure that appeal was withdrawn.

I'm sure his or her concerns were adequately dealt with.;)

What is amazing in hindsight is that so many others took their eyes off the ball. Where were the objections from Waterford City Council, Carrick and New Ross who all had objections in against the original, smaller, plan? If this had gone to Bord Pleanála, it would have been rejected out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I'm sure his or her concerns were adequately dealt with.;)

What is amazing in hindsight is that so many others took their eyes off the ball. Where were the objections from Waterford City Council, Carrick and New Ross who all had objections in against the original, smaller, plan? If this had gone to Bord Pleanála, it would have been rejected out of hand.

Crazy really that all the others were not aware of, or chose not to appeal this application. Nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Crazy really that all the others were not aware of, or chose not to appeal this application. Nuts!

Just to be clear. There was an original application of over 30,000 Sq ms which was thrown out by Bord Pleanála as being too big after objections from, among others, Waterford City Council, Carrick Town Council and New Ross Town Council.

There was a second application for over twice the original size (!!!!!) which was passed when the one objector withdrew his objection. I have no idea why individual objectors and these Councils did not object the second time but Stephanie Taheny seems to be of the opinion that that it was due to the first application being so comprehensively rejected. I presume that means everyone assumed Kilkenny would reject the second one automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

http://www.kilkennycoco.ie/eng/Services/Planning/Local%20Area%20Plans/Adopted_Local_Area_Plans/Ferrybank_Local_Area_Plan/Manager's_Report_on_Submission_to_Alteration.pdf
    I don't really understand this but according to Ms. Taheny it refers to some of the sleight of hand that took place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

What is the situation as it stands regarding the border extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

In the munster express there is an article about housing shortage in kk area.one councillor from kk comments that they don't get much help from Waterford council dealing with their requests fir housing help in the south kk area, yet the next line it admits that there is little housing provision in the area (by kk council).another example of kk council forgetting about the south of its county yet they expect Waterford council to hand over houses it has in south kk and Fbank to them. What planet are these councillors on especially when you take into account the current shortages.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Max Powers wrote: »
    In the munster express there is an article about housing shortage in kk area.one councillor from kk comments that they don't get much help from Waterford council dealing with their requests fir housing help in the south kk area, yet the next line it admits that there is little housing provision in the area (by kk council).another example of kk council forgetting about the south of its county yet they expect Waterford council to hand over houses it has in south kk and Fbank to them. What planet are these councillors on especially when you take into account the current shortages.

I haven't seen the Article but would think there's an element of rubbish to it with regards the supply issue by some councillor looking for publicity. Was it a SF councillor by any chance ?

NAMA Has delivered 44 Social Houses in Ferrybank (that I personally know of) in the Past 18-24 Months

Out of the 44 Units - three remain empty and unoccupied even though they are fully furnished and waiting for occupants since January ! If Demand was an issue I am sure these units would be occupied by now.

A quick look on the NAMA Social Housing website shows that Nama has Identified 183 Houses that they could make available for social housing in Co Kilkenny, The Council Confirmed that theres only a Demand for 63 Units and which 57 of that 63 have now been delivered to date. (The latter figures are from Dec 2015 and do not include the unoccupied units delivered since Jan)

Jambo wrote: »
    I haven't seen the Article but would think there's an element of rubbish to it with regards the supply issue by some councillor looking for publicity. Was it a SF councillor by any chance ?

NAMA Has delivered 44 Social Houses in Ferrybank (that I personally know of) in the Past 18-24 Months

Out of the 44 Units - three remain empty and unoccupied even though they are fully furnished and waiting for occupants since January ! If Demand was an issue I am sure these units would be occupied by now.

A quick look on the NAMA Social Housing website shows that Nama has Identified 183 Houses that they could make available for social housing in Co Kilkenny, The Council Confirmed that theres only a Demand for 63 Units and which 57 of that 63 have now been delivered to date. (The latter figures are from Dec 2015 and do not include the unoccupied units delivered since Jan)

Ff and Sf councillors.fair play on getting those nama figures but who owns what houses..kk or Waterford councils either way, unless one council had a big over supply, they are hardly going to hand over houses if the other does not adequately invest in the area.I know Waterford council has numerous houses in that area, is that the 63 you refer to.

Ff and Sf councillors.fair play on getting those nama figures but who owns what houses..kk or Waterford councils either way, unless one council had a big over supply, they are hardly going to hand over houses if the other does not adequately invest in the area.I know Waterford council has numerous houses in that area, is that the 63 you refer to.

All KK CoCo Figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Say the Boundary Extension happens would that mean it will be WCCC to supply drinking water to all the houses in the area?

If so, looks like hard water issues (Kilkenny side of Ferrybank) residents are complaining will be an issue of the past!
    Kilkenny draws it's drinking water from Kilmacow wells reaching deep down to Waulsortian Limestone layer (limestone being a key word there!).

While for Waterford we're talking surface water reservoirs - Knockaderry Lake, Ballyshonnock Lake, River Clodiagh and River Mahon.
    How could one object such a remarkable change in their situation?

All KK CoCo Figures

So how many houses do kk council have in area, not south of kk town but actually around the ferrybank,ORR area? There the figures which are important, not nama houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

There is no rational justification for not extending the boundary to incorporate the built up area of the city that happens to lie in another administration. Cities' boundaries should be adapted on occasion to include their built up areas; this should be done using evidence and on the basis of the responsibility to govern responsibly and effectively.

Arguments from elected members and others about pipes, bins, GAA, identity, history,'who-did-what-when', lebensraum, 'ya couldn't trust that crowd' should be given the level of attention that they deserve - none.

Extend the boundary, do it properly. Ignore the bluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

I know for a fact that when people in Slieverue go to Kilkenny County Council about some problem they have they get told that Slieverue is in Waterford and the problem is not theirs. What plant are they on indeed.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Decision now not due until May.

Wondering if there will be a decision this s month or will there be further delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Wondering if there will be a decision this s month or will there be further delays?

Never going to happen.

7upfree wrote: »
    Never going to happen.

A delay or Decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

John H should of blackmailed FG into allowing it happen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    John H should of blackmailed FG into allowing it happen :rolleyes:

Perhaps he thought that a boundary extension would make little or no real difference to Waterford and that there were far more important things to negotiate for?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

BBM77 wrote: »
    I know for a fact that when people in Slieverue go to Kilkenny County Council about some problem they have they get told that Slieverue is in Waterford and the problem is not theirs. What plant are they on indeed.

This comes as a surprise to me, particularly bearing in mind that KKCC has a office in Ferrybank. I'm a "borderer" myself (Kilkenny side) and have never had this problem. Sounds more like urban myth to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

A delay or Decision?

Decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

This comes as a surprise to me, particularly bearing in mind that KKCC has a office in Ferrybank. I'm a "borderer" myself (Kilkenny side) and have never had this problem. Sounds more like urban myth to me.

No it’s far from an urban myth. I was told it by people living in Slieverue who had an issue with the road outside their house in Slieverue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

And..... any news?

Anybody know whats happening with this? Theres nothing on the boundary review website http://www.waterfordboundaryreview.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Perhaps he thought that a boundary extension would make little or no real difference to Waterford and that there were far more important things to negotiate for?

John H' couldn't understand the concept of a boundary ext'

Anybody know whats happening with this? Theres nothing on the boundary review website http://www.waterfordboundaryreview.ie/

According to a direct query a colleague of mine made to the minister

"The date for submission of the report of the Boundary Committee has been extended in view of the number of submissions received to which the Committee must give due consideration.

As such, the publication date will now be early Autumn."

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

According to a direct query a colleague of mine made to the minister

"The date for submission of the report of the Boundary Committee has been extended in view of the number of submissions received to which the Committee must give due consideration.

As such, the publication date will now be early Autumn."

Technically aren't we now in mid autumn :pac:

Autumn? There's one of those every year which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gw80

Why can it not be still Kilkenny but governed by Waterford council,
    Part of the Waterford municipality,
    Wouldn't that be a win win all round, maybe not so much for Kilkenny council regarding rates but they also wouldn't have to worry about services and the like Whitch would offset the rates loss somewhat

• Advertisement

So the Roscommon-Westmeath Boundary Commission reported back last week and reccomended no change ! I wonder when the Waterford-Kilkenny review team will report back given that their revised publication date has long since past !

Advertisement