Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

747s next in Ireland? ? ?

• 01-09-2016 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Opening this thread in the hope it can be updated so that more can see the 747 landing/taking off from, I guess only SNN/DUB.
    I was in SNN a while back with the kids to see a few takeoff/landings and was lucky enough to see a 747 cargo land, evergreen cargo I think.

So any info on 747s into Ireland here please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Most likely Dublin or Shannon but you never know, one did land in Knock before.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Most likely Dublin or Shannon but you never know, one did land in Knock before.

Ya there was a nice few 747s in knock over the years...the last 1 maybe 2001 I'd say.pro never see 1 in knock again tho....some size to see in such a small airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

SNN btw, not SHN.

They're very rare in Ireland, but if you're going to see one it'll be Shannon to see it. They usually come about 3-6 times a year, sometimes more depending on cargo needs and passenger diversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

EI-XLC Boeing 747 ex Transaero in Dublin at the moment being painted for new operator Rossiya Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BZ

There is one apparently due in the next few days to SNN for the bothar animal lift. National airlines are through fairly regularly with their 747s aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Carnacalla wrote: »
    SNN btw, not SHN.

They're very rare in Ireland, but if you're going to see one it'll be Shannon to see it. They usually come about 3-6 times a year, sometimes more depending on cargo needs and passenger diversions.

Let me put that down to spellcheck! Corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

When Munster rugby were on top of their game we had a few 747 charters into Cork. Last one I was on was a Corsair 744 to Birmingham in 2008. I won't hold my breath but could we see those days returning both for the airport and Munster rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    EI-XLC Boeing 747 ex Transaero in Dublin at the moment being painted for new operator Rossiya Airlines.

Any idea of when it's due to leave ?

browner85 wrote: »
    Any idea of when it's due to leave ?
    It arrived on Friday 28/8/ so I would imagine sometime next w/end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

eastmayo wrote: »
    Ya there was a nice few 747s in knock over the years...the last 1 maybe 2001 I'd say.pro never see 1 in knock again tho....some size to see in such a small airport.

I was in knock in a 747 in 2003

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

747 due Shannon callsign ATG4470,reg ER-BAM early hours Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

de biz wrote: »
    747 due Shannon callsign ATG4470,reg ER-BAM early hours Friday morning.

I presume that's the one that's just left Hahn and is westbound now?

Any idea when it's going back out?

I presume that's the one that's just left Hahn and is westbound now?

Any idea when it's going back out?

Within a few hours at a guess. It is taking out a load of livestock, there has been a large collection of animal pens gathering in the airport in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Just follow your nose I suppose.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Virgin operate B744s weekly into Belfast though the Summer. They have confirmed that they'll be back for 2017.

Probably won't be replaced by A350s until 2019 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

I saw somewhere there's a 747 due in DUB tomorrow at 10am,transaero being repainted I think..

roundymac wrote: »
    Just follow your nose I suppose.:D

That's for sure!! 6 truck loads of sheep here waiting to be put onboard. Aircraft will be leaving sometime this afternoon / evening.

BZ wrote: »
    That's for sure!! 6 truck loads of sheep here waiting to be put onboard. Aircraft will be leaving sometime this afternoon / evening.

Leaving SNN tonight now at 2330.

EI-XLC 747 Rossiya Airlines was being readied to be pushed from paint hangar in Dublin this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Any idea of when it's leaving kenny ??

• Advertisement

no idea sorry. rumour has it another 747 due at 10:00 tomorrow.

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    no idea sorry. rumour has it another 747 due at 10:00 tomorrow.

Yes EI-XLG is due in.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Is this a joke? Are you telling me sheep are being transported by jumbo jet out of this country?

boardzz wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Are you telling me sheep are being transported by jumbo jet out of this country?

No it happens quite a bit. These are either belonging to the bothar lift for charity or are destined for the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Yes EI-XLG is due in.

FR24 shows that it was on the move at Victorville at 1940z last evening but it does not show a departure. Anyone know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

EI-XLG appears to have air-tested from Victorville earlier this afternoon though coverage in that area must be a bit patchy as it disappeared off the screen after 15 minutes or so in the air.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    EI-XLG appears to have air-tested from Victorville earlier this afternoon though coverage in that area must be a bit patchy as it disappeared off the screen after 15 minutes or so in the air.

EI-XLG airborne from KSBD due Dublin around 2am tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

EI-XLG airborne from KSBD due Dublin around 2am tomorrow.

Just over Newfoundland at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

No longer visible on FR24 😯

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

boardzz wrote: »

There's considerable trade in Irish sheep to North Africa and Singapore for ritual sacrifice. Ironically, given their ultimate fate, one of the key reasons that air transport is preferred is because of the low fatality rate, something like 0.01%

Advertisement