Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

747s next in Ireland? ? ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

arubex wrote: »
    There's considerable trade in Irish sheep to North Africa and Singapore for ritual sacrifice. Ironically, given their ultimate fate, one of the key reasons that air transport is preferred is because of the low fatality rate, something like 0.01%

120 of those lambs arrived dead this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Saw this beauty last night, it was one of 32 B747 aircraft on the apron

747.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

120 of those lambs arrived dead this morning
    Where??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

smurfjed wrote: »

Now THAT is a beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

This is in dub now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

pm. wrote: »
    This is in dub now

In for a paint job and some maintenance, will probably be going before the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Its parked up at Hanger 6 now.If anyone knows the date/time its departing could they post it up please.Would take the kids over to see it taking off if it's daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Its parked up at Hanger 6 now.If anyone knows the date/time its departing could they post it up please.Would take the kids over to see it taking off if it's daylight.

You'll find details and top quality pictures of it on the Dublin Airport movement/spotting Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DublinAirportSpotters.28/

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Dubai air wing 747-400F just landed in Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

BZ wrote: »
    Dubai air wing 747-400F just landed in Shannon.

Thanks, Any info on departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

breanach78 wrote: »
    Thanks, Any info on departure.

Sometime tomorrow morning but don't know an exact time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

smurfjed wrote: »

747.jpg

Beautiful !

Is that a -8 ?

Too late now, but in August when there is usually an American Football match in Dublin, the team come in on a United 747 ...

So keep eyes peeled next August :)

From 2 years back ..

14989798228_9aa9d5fd5e_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Too late now, but in August when there is usually an American Football match in Dublin, the team come in on a United 747 ...

So keep eyes peeled next August :)

From 2 years back ..

14989798228_9aa9d5fd5e_b.jpg

They're was a no show for any 747's at the College game a couple of weeks ago (to my knowledge). So I won't be getting too excited about one appearing for the the next one :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    They're was a no show for any 747's at the College game a couple of weeks ago (to my knowledge). So I won't be getting too excited about one appearing for the the next one :(
    Yup. This year it was an EI A330 and a Delta B767.

For cowboybuilder; that private B747 is ondeed an -8i. (Does it get the 'i' if it is non-commercial?)
    Notice the raked wingtip, the chevrons on the back of the engines cowlings and the upper deck going back halfway.

Not sure of the i with non commercial , afaik the Lufthansa 747-8 have the i too - some at least.

It's a beauty of a plane.

I wish BA and other airlines would get some

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

If I remember correctly, when the 747-8 was introduced, the passenger version was dubbed the "Boeing 747-800 Intercontinental", which would give you the -800i.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Another photo here of the Russiya plane in the far background this morning.

2n8zcyv.jpg

I noticed that there are quite a few planes parked at the moment at DUB, also a few Ryanair planes not being used today. Summer season's over I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

IQO wrote: »
    I noticed that there are quite a few planes parked at the moment at DUB, also a few Ryanair planes not being used today. Summer season's over I guess?

Not all aircraft are required all day, every day. The parking area in the background of your image is in effect overflow parking, given that at nights all stands at the terminal are occupied. In terms of fees charged, it may also cheaper for the airlines to park aircraft there rather than at a boarding gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

Shot of EI-XLC today. 2nd Rossiya 747 should emerge from the paint hangar very soon.
    29650726940_21b7e633c7.jpgEI-XLC by Ken Meegan, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Any idea when the 747s are leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

What a beautiful paint job!

browner85 wrote: »
    Any idea when the 747s are leaving?
    No times available XLC is waiting on parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Shannon757 wrote: »
    What a beautiful paint job!

Agree......is it a wrap or actual intricate painting? Looks incredible no matter

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

'Tis a sign of the times wondering when the next 747 will be in. It won't be long before we will be wondering about the next 757 and 767.

But not as bad as when the Viscounts, Vangaurds, Heralds, F27's, Caravelles, BAC1-11's, Tridents, B707's, B727's, DC-9's, late night IL-18's and the eclectic mix of Aer Turas machines all moved on. Although we will feel the same about the 747 in another 20 years!

Oh well......*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    No times available XLC is waiting on parts.

Maintenance company waiting on past payments before they order, fix and release the aircraft, until then she's not being released

From a posting in the Dublin Spotters there is a Kalitta 747 due tomorrow no eta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Dublin Airport Movements/Spotting Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154137554222933&set=gm.518545278334904&type=3&theater
    28th, there is a Kalitta Air B747-400F in as the K4513 at 0845 from New York - Kennedy, due out at 1230 local times !!
    Err...... what's the story, 3 x 747's in DUB at the one time , amazing :)

Landed DUB 07:55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Err...... what's the story, 3 x 747's in DUB at the one time , amazing :)

Landed DUB 07:55

EI-XLC tech engine issues, supposedly getting the parts in today from the B742 Kalita Airways currently on the ground and then EI-XLC is supposedly doing a 3 engined ferry flight to SNN on Friday for the maintenance, the other Rossiya B744 in the hangar is still getting painted, can't remember the registration

Advertisement