Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 Episode 9 "Battle of the Bastards" - Speculation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I love this. Never thought of him helping to fight the Boltons at all, that would be great. But more than likely he will have to repeat his Kingslayer antics and be a Kinslayer this time, even if he is that already after killing his cousin.

One thing from the trailer, the Wildings look to be in shock at the sight of something, they have seen some serious sh1t north of the wall, what could shock south of the wall? What have the boltons done or will they do?

The giant falls?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

razorblunt wrote: »
    The giant falls?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

razorblunt wrote: »
    The giant falls?

You don't have a Giant without him dying tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Daith wrote: »
    You don't have a Giant without him dying tbh.

Ye just know Wun Wun is gonna get toasted :(

But that looks epic. Usually don't look at previews but after last night's aimlessness, needed a reminder of where it's all going...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Would be class if Wun Wun kept himself hidden as the battle commences and then just legs it out from the side of the forrest and stamp all over the Bolton army.

• Advertisement

Would be class if Wun Wun kept himself hidden as the battle commences and then just legs it out from the side of the forrest and stamp all over the Bolton army.

Looks like he's front and centre in that preview clip.

Is Wun Wun the only giant left?

quad_red wrote: »

Was just going to ask the same.
    He certainly is the only one we have seen in the show since a few and their mammoths were killed attempting to storm Castle Black and the Wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I think he might be.

Mance Raider (sp) rallied the giants to attack the wall but several died.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember it mentioned that Wun Wun is the last.

and from the preview clip, he'll be peppered with arrows.... I doubt he'll make it through.

I think he might be.

Mance Raider (sp) rallied the giants to attack the wall but several died.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember it mentioned that Wun Wun is the last.

and from the preview clip, he'll be peppered with arrows.... I doubt he'll make it through.

I thought Mance said he was the last of a royal blood line that went back before the First Men?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

It would be pretty epic if Jaime marched on Winterfell with 8000 Lannister soldiers plus Riverrun soldiers but I think its unlikely.

I think its the Knights of the Vale who will come and save the day along with a switcharoo from the the guy who refused to kneel to Ramsay.

I think Davos might die.

What about Brienne - will she be in the battle? Id like to see her fight Ramsay.

No matter what, we are in for some well choreographed scenes with Jon Snow swinging his sword - an aspect of his character that he always looks great engaging in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Looks like he's front and centre in that preview clip.

Aye I know that won't happen cause of the trailer, just would be cool as a tactic.

I would wonder if Davos will face off with Melisandre if that's him standing over the grave of Shireen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

No matter what, we are in for some well choreographed scenes with Jon Snow swinging his sword - an aspect of his character that he always looks great engaging in.

Yup, Jon in battle distracts from having to watch Kit Harrington try, and fail miserably, to actually act every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

never know..perhaps melisadre will put fire in that sword this time around for everyone to see. but the sword i guess will not be longclaw, but heartsbane (the sword samwell stole..)

j4vx3so2xrvtz5s6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Yup, Jon in battle distracts from having to watch Kit Harrington try, and fail miserably, to actually act every now and again.
    Kit Harington strated his career as a stage actor. GoT was his first screen role afaik. He has done a hell of a lot of stage work, so how you can say he's a poor actor is mistifying. You don't get on stage if you're not able to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Kit Harington strated his career as a stage actor. GoT was his first screen role afaik. He has done a hell of a lot of stage work, so how you can say he's a poor actor is mistifying. You don't get on stage if you're not able to act.

Pompeii...

There are plenty of ****e stage actors. I'm not aware of his history but I'd say it probably didn't include too much Shakespeare at the Globe, did it?

He's wooden and incapable of any sort of facial expression whatsoever.

More to the point, in a thread and forum where people really do get het up over nothing and sometimes take things personally, I wouldn't let yourself get too worked up over what somebody else thinks of anybody's acting chops.

There are plenty of ****e stage actors. I'm not aware of his history but I'd say it probably didn't include too much Shakespeare at the Globe, did it?

He's wooden and incapable of any sort of Daniel expression whatsoever.

More to the point, in a thread and forum where people really do get het up over nothing and sometimes take things personally, I wouldn't let yourself get too worked up over what somebody else thinks of anybody's acting chops.
    No it doesn't really matter what you or I think. It just seems that people take the view that since he has had no screen roles before GoT, that he therefore has no acting pedigree.

That's not the case. He had quite a long stage acting career before GoT and sees himself as a stage actor first and foremost. Is there anything wrong with pointing that out?

You said how I could call him a poor actor is mystifying. I've watched him be boring and wooden as Jon Snow for five years. That's how.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Havent read all the pages but is this episode really called "Battle of the bastards?" Because if it is, some writer needs to be fired.

You said how I could call him a poor Scrote is mystifying. I've watched him be boring and wooden as Jon Snow for five years. That's how.
    Well I don't agree. The scene where he met Sansa for the first time since season 1 was very well done. Completely believable and very moving.

• Advertisement

Havent read all the pages but is this episode really called "Battle of the bastards?" Because if it is, some writer needs to be fired.

Apparently it is.

Missed opportunity big time, Bastardbowl would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

You said how I could call him a poor actor is mystifying. I've watched him be boring and wooden as Jon Snow for five years. That's how.

I've enjoyed his performances right up to this season, hes portrayed everything I expected Jon to be like. Since his resurrection however I'm not loving his scenes which is likely to with the writing as much as his acting.

It's obviously subjective but I think he's been a very good actor on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I would wonder if Davos will face off with Melisandre if that's him standing over the grave of Shireen.

large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Game of Thrones have never been subtle with their titles ("The Mountain and The Viper? Wonder what'll happen in that episode.")

Do you have a suggestion for a better title? I was thinking "The North Remembers" but that's already been used.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Game of Thrones have never been subtle with their titles ("The Mountain and The Viper? Wonder what'll happen in that episode.")

Do you have a suggestion for a better title? I was thinking "The North Remembers" but that's already been used.

Bastardbowl! They're actually doing it, everyone wants it. Why not just play to the gallery a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

From the preview, I'd guess it'll go something along the lines of Jon's army getting a bit of a hiding for the first while. Archers cutting them down, discipline of a professional Bolton army making mincemeat of the Wildlings (who lets face it would be sh*te in a pitched open field battle). Someone comes to aid them, quite possibly the Karstarks and/or the Tullys/Knights of the Vale. I also wouldn't be surprised at a few defections from those in the North along the way.

Looks like Rickon's a gonner, a few fiery wooden crosses that Ramsay likes to use there in front of his army. Fairly decent tactic to try and piss off the enemy commander in to making mistakes.

The finale could also be a bit of a Lannister showdown, with Cersei wanting to destory King's Landing and Jamie either killing her to stop it, or stopping her and then killing both of them so they can be together forever (blah blah). My money would be on the latter. He can't go anywhere else - Jon Snow might not have him. Only possible would be Danaerys, and Tyrion's already over there (though his nostalgic meanderings about wine make me fear he's for the chop too sadly).

All in all, can't wait for the next episode. I do like the ones where they focus the story instead of jumping all over the place.

I don't think Jaime and Cersei's arcs are done yet. Don't know why, but have a hunch they'll be around for a while yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Apparently it is.

Missed opportunity big time, Bastardbowl would be class.

Far too American for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

J. Marston wrote: »

I'd have to watch it first, but put this title up against "The rains of castamere", which meant something, and Battle of the Bastards looks more like a plot summary than a title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This episode will be a massacre. My death predictions...
    Ramsay
    Rickon
    Davos
    Tormund
    Wun Wun
    Pod

Advertisement