Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda : Wind Waker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

lightweights :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by goo
    I've played a decent amount of the game now and there really is only one thing that I don't really love about it. It's the bloody ocean, when it's regular I actually loved it, just watching him sail was kind of nice but (trying not to spoil) at the bit I'm at (fairly early) the ocean is temporarily very sketchy and I had a long journey.
    Don't get me wrong, the view was lovely, but all the way to my destination the same two bloody sharks were chasing me and seeing as I wasn't in the mood to stop I had to jump (which I don't like doing, it being a boat and all) all the way there. Other than that there's very little. The one thing I can say it's been made to be a spectacle rather than to challenge. Certain things have been included to just make the whole thing run smoother, so it'll play like a cartoon.

Goo you can learn a song "Ballad Of Gales" or somthing i cant remmeber the name which lets you teleport around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i have recovered my disc from the vile clutches of robbb_mm, muhaha. also temporarily lost my memory card, found it in a rucksack with an entire jaffa cake squashed into the part that the gc reads, thankfully it still works :)

got ye ole gale song today, makes life alot easier.

have u beaten it yet tusky?? is the endin worth it [dont put on a spoiler cause ill be too tempted to look at it]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wait til you see the wind temple boss. ****in amazin!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

I agree with nekkidbibleman about how the big gay (er I mean red) boat is pretty crappy compared to epona, although around sailing looks SSOOOO beautiful (like everything else in this game), even if it gets very tedious.

Im Sick of using that feckin winkd waker song every five minutes though.

Still its probably the most visually splendid game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The gameplay is classic zelda (If a bit easy - although for me its early days yet) I hope the game lasts; after all the build up and the looonng wait, it wouldbe very disapointing if the game is too short .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Got Zelda, got bonus disk, can't play coz of exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

can anyone give any idea of the prices or the availability of the Zelda & Console bundle. Is that the edtion with the Platinum case? Was just wondering since I plan on getting the console (and hopefully the limited edition one) but don't know when. Was just hoping it would be still around for a bit...... Any feedback, has anyone got one. Does the limited edition come with OOT or do they all have it? Sorry for all these questions but I'm not sure where to look on the internet that would be specific to Irish buyers.

thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Its 200 euros, the first batch come with the OOT disk but after that no no :) so get in fast !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wilbert

Not to brag but I have finished both Temples in Zelda Wind Waker and it is all incredibly easy. I have killed all of the bosses on the first attempt (except the Wind Temple one, but I got him on the second go very easily).
    It is a beautiful game and I love it, but if Majora's Mask was 10 out of 10 in terms of difficulty then this is about 4/10.
    Best bit so far is the Savage Labyrinth which is under the giant head if you float across the broken bridge on outset Island. Lots of fighting in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Yeah, far too easy; You're never really in any danger of dying (especially with 13 hearts!) during the game. Such a pity. also the second half of the game was really shoddy! triforce, black and white bosses etcit all seemed really hastily put together.

With a couple more dungeons and a much harder level of difficulty this could have been up there with ocarina of time.
    Still its sooooooo purty! ( and it looks like theres loads to do for all the perfectionists out there)

oh well back to fighting ( most likely One of the) final bosses

spoilerish

big annoying worm thingy, second kind of puppet thing- very frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I finished Zelda on Saturday, so it took 2 weeks. But that's 2 weeks of going to work every day and hanging out and stuff, not the locked-in-a-room sort of 2 weeks I regularly indulged in when I was 16!

I thought that it was really easy, but maybe it's just that you get into a mind-set after playing the other games, and you get to know the kind of puzzles and how to solve them based on previous puzzles? Maybe if you'd never played a Zelda game before it's be really hard.
    The bosses were waaay too easy though - I used like 2 potions the whole game.
    I was really sad when it was over, so I stuck in OoT Master Quest disk - but it seemed really ugly after the prettiness of Wind Waker!

So I'm playing Wind Waker again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

Just defeated the wind temple boss.Em...yeah, prob my least favourite boss yet. I really like all the mini quests and stuff especially the ones with the camera.
    Hate it though when u sepend ages kills guys and then all u get is a sh*tty piece of a heart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You mightn't have liked him but it was gorgeous. Same with last boss. Just finished it and loved it to bits. But have started Ocarina and realise why it got a few reviews with 8's and 7's. Ocarina is a far better game and despite wind waker being better than most games at the moment it is not a patch on ocarina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

help
    ive finished dragoon roost island and am back on the market island and all i can see that ive left to do is take the picture for kid "something perfectly round and pale"....ive tried the moon and the sun but its no good.......any hints on where i should be going?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Talk to King (your boat). He'll mark the next place you need to go on your map. Its a place called Forest Haven. Once you've spoken to him, access the map and you'll see a glowing mark on one of the squares. Thats where you need to go. Set the wind direction with the Wind Waker, and sail to that island.

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    Talk to King (your boat). He'll mark the next place you need to go on your map. Its a place called Forest Haven. Once you've spoken to him, access the map and you'll see a glowing mark on one of the squares. Thats where you need to go. Set the wind direction with the Wind Waker, and sail to that island.

- Dave.

Cheers Dave but i found it myself last night

/shakes his head in shame

I cant believe i spent a full 2 hours the night before running around that market island when all i had to do was go back to dragon roost and turn right......im at forest haven now in the forbidden forest.................before that id been trying to go directly from the market island to forest haven, which doesn't work by the way.............cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

this sailing is taking it's toll on me

does the ballad of the gales just happen at a stage in the game, or do i have to go search it out?

Search it out.
    Go to the island thats 2 up from the bottom, 2 in from the left (I think!) with the bow and arrow. There is a big tornado there. If you get close enough, you'll see the wind god inside the tornado. Hit him 3 times with an arrow before he sucks you up, and he'll teach you the ballad of the gales.

Playing Ocarina of Time at the moment. Enjoying it ALOT more than Wind Waker. Its harder than Wind Waker too - I had more trouble in the second dungeon (Dodongu's Cavern) than I had with any dungeon in Wind Waker.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You know, I really did hog this game when I got it. But I expected it wouldn't matter how many hours I played, I'd probably get stuck on some challenge or quest or whatever for days.... even hours would have sufficed.

Didn't happin though. Good game and all (great game even), but a little too easy IMO. I really did just sail through it, so to speak. Never got stuck long enough to get frustrated, had the entire thing finshed in less than a week.

Plus the last boss was very disappointingly easy...
    On my first attempt v ganondorf I was just getting my bearings, didn't expect to win, didn't know how..... on my second attempt I figured I must be missing something coz the fuker just wouldn't go down.... then I hit the A button at what must have just been the right time... pure luck, didn't know what I was doing or what I had done but that was it. Game over. Very disappointing.

The end of any game is a bit of a pisser though. Once you get it done, theres nothing more to do. But they could have made it challenging.

I'd give WW 8.5/10.... brilliant in every respect, but just a bit too easy.

yes, too easy......

im nearing the end of the game in storyline terms, and im terrified that it will actually be the end of the game.....

kinda glad its easy though, ive already given up half of my leavin cert for it :(

• Advertisement

don't worry I gave up half my leaving cert for FF7. Didn't do as good as I should but it was worth it and I still got 450 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 SiN

i think the game is far to cartoonie imo,i thought the one on the n64 was far better

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    don't worry I gave up half my leaving cert for FF7. Didn't do as good as I should but it was worth it and I still got 450 points.

ah feck, i need 455 points :(

ur screwed kiss that college place goodbye or else do the same course in the back arse of ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan

It's a pity Miyamoto didn't have a chat with new buddy Kojima on how to do stealth in games before deciding to include what can only be described as one of the most mind-numbingly infuriating section of any game ever, in the shape of the first dungeon, eh? Gaurds can see you if you're behind them, don't see you if you're in front of them, stick their head right into the barrel and still don't see you... it all seems so completely random.

LOL i only copped this in the wind temple when my wife told me they dont see you ,they smell you hence being able to get around easish unless they sniffing.

Great game (thx to Jimseatmenu for selling it to me :) ) Im about to walk into the wind temple boss have to get some of grannies juice 1st.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I found the whole thing really easy and then the last boss jumps out of nowhere as really hard. I found the Wind Temple Boss terribly easy but I just couldn't manage the last phase of the last boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

D'you mean
    the last of the marionettes
    or
    Ganon himself
    ?

I found the last boss as easy as the rest, but hats off to the first final Zelda boss to be interesting.

how do you beat the wind temple boss?

Get close enough to the boss to hookshot his tongue, and pull it out! Hit the extended tongue a few slashes with the sword. Kill any wormy things that appear. Repeat 3 or 4 times and he'll die.....

- Dave.

• Advertisement

cheers tmb

Advertisement