Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda : Wind Waker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Thanks, that is what I meant. I suppose there mightn't be too much of a rush with the middle level gamers with this one judging by the stigma a lot of them had/have with the graphics system. I am so excited about the new graphics it's a little camp.

Don't get me wrong, I adored OOT and would, like most people surely, would occasionally just get bogged down in awe with the amazing world it materialised. For example, the first time you go through that tunnel out of your village!

But for the minute it looks like any 3D game is doomed to feel a little awkward and a little impractical. The cartoon aim of the new Zelda is an absolute godsend, in my opinion. Sorry if this is a little long, I'm just really looking forward to buying this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metroid Prime and now Wind Waker. And best of all I got OOT free which I haven't played fully yet. I love this game. It's kind of weird that 2 of my favourite games of all time are out with in 2 months of each other. What am I waffling about I'm off to play some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

retr0gamer you call yourself a nintendo fan and you havnt cleared ocarnia ! HAH i laugh at you and slap you with my glove, go complete it before you play wind waker BAI ! its gaming history like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

It's a relief to see that with the new visuals they've started taking things like dialogue and plot a little less seriously, too. It's far more fitting, not just because of the general (purty) silliness of the way it all looks, but because dialogue and plot have always been a bit pants in Zelda games. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

jesus lads, for anyone who hasnt beaten the third dungeon yet........... omg, ur in for a treat, it all falls together. one of the best moments in videogame history :D

well... ive been away from my joypad for too long.

[this is really bad, i hav my leavin cert art design thingy on wednesday and havent started doin any prep yet.......****.]

• Advertisement

im half way through that dungeon jimbo ! great one, best dungeon so far
    that knight guy with all the armour is classic ! and i love the way you control the statues !

one thing ive noticed so far (and this might change) it is about 10,000000000 times easier than ocarnia of time :p im currently on the water temple and compared to ocarnias water temple ( which imo was the hardest and most insanely mind numbing dungeon ever )

anywho back to it !

nonono, uve got it all wrong tusky.

that dungeon is not to be compared to the water temple, its the equivalent to jabu jabus belly. the reason it easy so far is cause uve played the other zelda games. the first three dungeons equivalent are inside the deku tree, the volcano and jabu from oft, which were all pretty simple aswell.

maybe jim BUT in ocarnia there was the 3 mini dungeons then 6 big ones....in wind waker THESE are the big ones weither they are easy or not...u know what i mean ? this is dungeon number 3 and it is ALOT easier than even jabu jabu's belly... :( anyway your right there is a great bit after the water temple !
    oooooo black and white

taking a brake for a bit now report back later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

retr0gamer you call yourself a nintendo fan and you havnt cleared ocarnia ! HAH i laugh at you and slap you with my glove, go complete it before you play wind waker BAI ! its gaming history like...

No, retr0gamer is SUCH a fan he didn't complete it :) Real fans never finish games they love fully. Theres nothing I love more than having FFX still on the last'ish boss, having 10 stars still left to get in Super Mario Sunshine, leave a few missions to still do in Deus ex etc. "You can't have your cake and eat it".. real fans attempt to overrule that saying.

Not that I'm a real fan, I completed OOT 4 months after getting it.. that cake was too tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TommyUnderwear

Am in the forbidden forest at the moment. I love the graphics and the way the story is moving at the moment. am working at the moment, so I won't be able to play the game until later on this evening. Am dying to get into it again. just hope the girlfriend has plans of her own, cos I won't be of much use to her glued to the tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is it much of a leap from OoT or Majora's Mask? I'm picking up a new Gamecube Zelda Pack this afternoon and can't wait to play it.

to be honest super furry, no its not a massive leap ! but...that doesnt stop it being a hell of alotta fun ! :) Also you may say the cell shading was used first on jet set radio, but it also gives the game a certain " original look and feel" !

aaaaahhhhhh........im stuck :(

for the first time i dont know what to do next:mad:

the game is so sweet........ id give it 99.8% atm, only bad things are the pop-up of tornados on the sea, and some [very rare] camera problems, but besides that the game is perfect.

used the tingle tuner today, tis ****in mad loike!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where are you stuck?

- Dave.

yah whats the problem i might be able to help.... emm try to say where without spoiling anything
    ( in case your further than me ) :)

Yeah don't forget the rest of us either. I want this game to be like a field of fresh snow (shame!).

oh dont worry tusky, im way ahead of u.

i dont need ur help, and besides i want to beat it on my own, i used a walkthrough once on oft and have regretted it ever since :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry Greenbean your wrong. I finished Metroid Prime after 5 days of intense gaming and it looks like the same with Zelda. The only reason I didn't play OoT was cos I never had a N64. In fact my first Nintendo console not including GB's was the GC. I always wanted a Nintendo console but my stupid parents always got me the wrong one. However now I'm older and have a job so I can buy all the consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Just about the availibility of teh bonus disc. It's only being shipped with the first batch of zelda games. so basically when stocks run out and the publisher ships there second shipment, no more OoT

Picked it up with a new Gamecube this afternoon and I've just got to the Forbidden Fortress. I also got Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness and Rogue Squadron (all second-hand, €55 for the three of them) so I think my social life is under pressure at the moment.

• Advertisement

Once the gaming hunger grabs you you won't have a social life. But then again you won't need one! HEH HEH ha ah ah ha eh please don't eat me I'm not very tasty!

heh retr0...you should still clear it...so far anyway I much prefer it to WW :)

Its a really class game and...theres LOADS of references to it in WW, characters etc.

(La La La I can't hear you)

You feckers will be the death of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Picked it up on Saturday in Smyth's, Blanch. Asked for a loyalty card for future purchases and was nicely surprised when they gave me 10% off WW straight away :D

The only problem now is getting time to play the feckin thing, I wasn't at home all weekend and want to wait until I get it home to me surround system and give it me full attention. Problem is, now that I'm home i haven't got the time to play it:( Bought Resident Evil Zero 3 weeks ago and haven't played that either yet... so many games so little time etc.

Did get to play OOT though, man, what a game. I've been putting off dragging out me N64 and playing it until I got this. Plays fine on me girlfriends 50Hz TV too (except for the black borders).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

This may be stupid but does anywhere in dublin still have brand new, never before sold, games for the N64? I'd love to get OOT and Majoras Mask in their 'just outta the shipment' state.
    Plus my N64 is feeling lonely with just Goldeneye to keep it company!

I think you'll struggle to find them (especially Majora's Mask) second hand, let alone factory sealed. Your best bet is probably ebay if you want them sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

just got mine this morning from play.com

they gave me some freebie with it as well

some plastic thing made by joytech, not quite sure what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Mine just arrived from Next Gen Games - hope the telly can handle the 60Hz mode.

If not, I'll just shake the 'Cube 10 times a second - that'll bring it back down to 50Hz, won't it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's shit.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    It's shit.

scuse me ? what are you talkign about exactly ?

Advertisement