Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda : Wind Waker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I don't know why you people preorder. I often buy a friday release on a tuesday. You just go to an indie, ask and wave some money at them. I do the same for music CD's.

The only Zelda I enjoyed was Zelda II. The games just send me to sleep - I've started several and gave up half way through. They're just so easy, the dialogue is so mindless and the characterisation non-existant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    The only Zelda I enjoyed was Zelda II. The games just send me to sleep - I've started several and gave up half way through. They're just so easy, the dialogue is so mindless and the characterisation non-existant. [/B]

slap... :ninja:

the zelda 2 side scrolling adventure was probably the weakest of the whole series on the nintendo format...

overall the philips cd-i takes the biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

So ... anyone tried to run the bonus disk on a 50 Hz TV yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just picked up the ltd. edition platinum box set. Unfortunately i'm going to gave to wait until this evening to boot it up:mad:

However on the back of the box under the section dealing with the bonus disc, it has 60hz only. Although the way this is positioned, I'm not sure if it is both extra games or just Ocarina of Time - Master Quest as the 60hz only is under this icon.

Have to wait and see. In any event, my beat up old portable can play at 60Hz as well as the main TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

where did you find the platinum edition and what makes it so platinum???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got it this morning in Smyths (plus bonus disc).

FYI - they stopped their 3 for 2 deal on Wednesday (30th). They now have selected titles at 2 for €50.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

mooman_00

The GC is platinum in colour along with a platinum coloured controller. I got mine in GAME for €199...

Tall paul: I imagine it applies to both of the bonus games. They both use the same engine - same map, enemies, game dynamics, but have different puzzles in the dungeons.

- Dave.

ok sorry i thought you were saying you had a platinum copy of zelda......ill just go and stick my head well back up my ass......it looks cool as im sure it is in real life......anyone see the modded one by panisonic?? it can play dvd's but at the moment it is only availible in japan and the us!! platinum panosonic dvd cube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by mooman_00
    anyone see the modded one by panisonic?? it can play dvd's but at the moment it is only availible in japan and the us!! platinum panosonic dvd cube
    That looks so cool but it's not worth another €200 just for dvd imo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

yea saw that yonks ago mooman - thought it was a rumour ! heh i got zelda going to play now, will report back in around 45 mins tell you what i think ! cyaz !

ya but sell off gc and get it is a possibility if it comes in a pal version.......id only loose 100e besides what i get for resale.....i was lucky enough to get argos uk deal a month ago, although when i got it it was just the cube, wires and controller, my brother had to fit it in to his bag :( still lookin for packaging(box etc) if anyone wants rid of theirs?? im anally retentive about having and keeping the boxes for the shiit i buy.....

Originally posted by Tusky
    yea saw that yonks ago mooman - thought it was a rumour ! heh i got zelda going to play now, will report back in around 45 mins tell you what i think ! cyaz !

ya basstard ive just rang home and there is no sign of mine :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Just got it in Game..as above, €56 with the membership card, and a free mini guide, and the cheat disk, a platinum control pad, and a memory card for a tenner apiece! They've got an offer with some old games too.

Shoulda been €54 with a loyalty card. 10% of €60 is €6 ....

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

B****r! I'm home now! It'll cost me more than that to go back and complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Mooman, I have a spare gamecube box but I am in Waterford :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is the bonus disk in shops in ireland?

kdjac

w00t its REALY good thank god for that, it will charm the pants off you and there is some genuinely funny bits too ! watch out for the music in the intro bit - really nice ! :)

The first dungeon is great but tis a pain in the arse , SO much harder than Deku tree :mad:

Is the bonus disk in shops in ireland?

yea i got it in game - didnt even pre-orderr....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

friend just bought me a copy - was 47.99 and includes bonus discs etc from Smyths. It was a blunder by the shop assistant, he taught 2 games = 10% discount X 2 = 20%

Nice :)

• Advertisement

Damn..... wish I'd thought of that :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I got a call from Smyths yesterday to say I could pick mine up today, but there's someone leaving work and I have to go out on the p*ss with him :mad:

Is there a limit on the amount of bonus discs available?

I think so, yeah. I went into Game in Limerick this morning (price check!), and they had about 8 copies on display - 1 special edition and 7 regular.

As far as I know, the bonus disc is being released as a stand-alone product soon.

- Dave.

im on the first real dungeon now ! fekkin deadly ! :) some hilarious bits !

note :dont let the second forrest bit turn you off....its much beter after that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got a call off Smyths as well. They will hold the game for two days so if you collect it tomorrow you will be okay.

I sent my da in to collect my copy from smyths. He's taking his bloody time coming home!

Looks like Game are ripping everyone off again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One more thing my tv is sorta new but doesn't do 60Hz with the digital connection. However it will do 60Hz with an analogue connection (the one you get with the cube). Give it a try first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

got it few hours ago........so good.

one of the funniest and most expressive games ive ever played, amazing. just, well, amazing [so far]

played master quest briefly, then went back to ww.

[i nearly cried in the scene where he leaves outset island for the first time, and his granny is standing there all lonesome :(]

im on the 2nd real dungeon - great game ! maybe not as good as Ocarnia of time but still good ! Allthough i loooove the graphics and wouldnt swap em....i feel they take away from the "hero" aspect that they got across soo well in ocarnia.. if you know what i mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

anyone know roughly how long the bonus discs will last?
    don't want to miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

if ur talkin about the availability i think it'll be around for awhile yet, these special editions usually float around longer than expected.

such a good game, on the third dungeon, lot of firmiliar faces so far, mehthinks i know whats going on;)

Advertisement