Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda : Wind Waker

Options
  • 29-04-2003 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

holy ****, its only like 3 days till it comes out, and ive just realised ive no johnny nash:( ive paid the 1.99 deposit in [yes i know] GAME......:rolleyes:

ah, i remember counting down the days till the ocarina of time, and shaking with awe as the golden box reached my hands.

hope this wont dissapoint

jimmeh :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

3 days until gaming history is made........ again, by zelda :D

I wont be buying it (no GX) but a friend will and after he is done with it ill definately be giving it a good long go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

It's very like the wait for Ocarina of Time. Especially with the remake of the Ocarina in it. Hoorah for the bonus disc!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I pre-ordered from game-play.com ! W00t but they say they cant guarentee it will be here by friday...fook :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Preordered in Smyths. I was #7 on their Zelda order list. With loyalty card, it should be €54.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

There's a story going around that the bonus disk will only run at 60Hz - Eurogamer

**Looks at old crappy telly, shakes head**

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

pre-ordered from cd-wow.....with the bank holiday en all it'll prob be next friday or so before ill get mine....im hoping not later......even if it comes from hong kong covered in sars im ripping it open the minute i get it..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Ive given up completely on getting excited about games especially games like Zelda and FF etc.
    The only ever disappoint and maybe i have expected too much but i cant remember the last time that i had great expectations and they were met by the game.

Ocarina of Time was nothing amazing so i will just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Did we already do the childish sniggering at the name Wind Waker yet or did I miss that?

Link: I LOIKES BEANS, ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I'd have to say, in all the years of being a gamer, I only got excited about one game. So much so I had trouble sleeping the night before, and that was Ocarina of time. I don't, however, hold the same amount of optimism for WindWaker, but no doubt it will be enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

How do you know what Hz your tv is? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

well if you bought it within the last few years , it's likely to have 50/60 hz option,

check your maunal - if you still have one

also check through a few commands on your remote control..

you may stumble across a few preset switches to access 50/60 secam etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ocarina of Time was nothing amazing

Out. Get out. Look, here's your coat, just leave. We don't want any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Arse! It's out on Friday! I totally forgot. Have mine pre-ordered in Smythes. Have to convince me da to go in at 9 in the morning to get it for me since I've got a job and he works in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i aint got a gamecube yet but im probably gonna buy zelda on friday just as an incentive to get one during the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Hi

*stands up hesitantly*

My name is Dustaz and..

and ..

My name is Dustaz and i have never played a Zelda game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Dustaz is gonna get banned for that one :eek:

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Hi

*stands up hesitantly*

My name is Dustaz and..

and ..

My name is Dustaz and i have never played a Zelda game.

the first step is admitting you have a problem...

I know loads of ps2 heads who think all nintendo consoles are for 'kids' etc and never heard of zelda.. they dunno what theyre missing out on :P Im a bit p1ssed off about the 2nd disc I found out my TV is 50hz tonight >=[

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's God's way of punishing you for not having an N64 with Zelda in the first place.

• Advertisement

dear god dusty :( get an emulater and play the snes ones @ the very least !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i have a an emulator but i can never find the 'Linux Isos' i need :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Shinji
    Out. Get out. Look, here's your coat, just leave. We don't want any trouble.

The only game i can think of (of any game i have ever played) where i huge expectations of what it might be but when i eventually played that game it was even more amazing. Unfortunately the game was too easy and too addictive and become a very short experience. I was actually mad with myself that i hadnt got the stones to import it.

Mario 64.

I honestly cant think of any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

its funny, I never played Ocarina of Time until about approx 3 weeks ago. I went and bought an N64 with it. Its a great game, even if the graphics look a little dated - it was something that had to be done !

Bought a cube last Friday, and this Friday i will own a Zelda game on a launch day.

for Cube games, if you hold down the "B" button on the joypad, while the Gamecube logo is displaying, some games will then give you the option to run at 60mhz - it works for me on smash bros, Rogue II, metroid and luigi's Mansion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

for shame dusty, for shame :o

damnit, I need a gamecube :eek:

you can have mine for say...50 euro if you want tact ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Was in GAME at lunchtime and was asking about Zelda. The guy behind the counter didn't know how much the game is going to be yet!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, they also have the same deal that Nintendo did for Metroid Prime, i.e. a GC boxed with the game (ltd. edition of course). While the GAME guy didn't know the price for sure, he assumed it would cost 200 hoofers.

Veerrryyy tempted to go for this. Oh yeah, the GC itself is a limited edition platinum colour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Preordered it ages ago from GAME - someone from the shop just rang - it'll be 60 yoyos.

GAME are doing 10% off for Membership Cardholders though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

<annie> Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day awaaaaaaaaay </annie>

Advertisement