Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Breeders of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hi there looking to get an Old English Sheepdog, anybody here have one as a pet, or know a breeder. I tried the number of the lady in Tallaght but phone is disconected

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

am looking to buy a bichon frise puppy, dont know anything about prices etc...I am in the midlands and wonderr if anyone knows of breeders in midlands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karrie1uk

Hi all,

I come from a household where we always grew up with dogs usually springer spaniels. We have a wee shih Tzu for the past sixteen years as a house dog. He unfortunately has died and my dad is distraught. We would like to get him a new dog for christmas and ahve thought about a king charles. Has anyone know of anyone that currently has puppies that will be available for christmas time. This puppy will go to a man who loves dogs and will not just be a dog christmas but one for life.

Please let me know
    Kay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Slurms wrote:
    Anyone know the average price for a Siberhian Husky or Alaskan Malamute pup?
    And where they are bred?

I paid 1000e for our male husky 3months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

While xmas might suit some people to get pups because they are home during the holidays please don't encourage breeders by buying pups over the holiday season, also in a lot of posts there seems to be no mention of wether people are looking for a genuine breeder, people seem to be in a panic to buy pb dogs over xmas. Not saying there aren't genuine breeders out there but people please be careful especially at this time of year. Also pb dogs are being stolen left right and center, keep an eye out in case anyone offers you an adult or puppy in case it has been stolen.
    Mods move this if you think it's no fitting but in the mean time please be careful who you buy from.
    Btw rescues are bursting at the seams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dkdaveyk

Hi all, still searching for an american bull terrier breeder in Ireland, any info guys???:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kotia

I am looking for a Miniature pinscher breeder does anyone have a contact ??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishpaddy

hi everyone i have not posted many on this site before so you will not know me. but i'm looking for a welch border collie, black and white. i have had one for over 11 years and she used to come with me where ever i went in the car, she sure was a great friend. but sadly she got a problem with he heart and i had to have her put down, that was 6 months ago but i still miss her. i live in co. limerick on the kerry border so if anyone knows a breeder from around this area i would be greatful if you would let me know, thank you.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 killy

Hi , also looking for a minature pincher, proving very difficult , have phoned the irish canine club , they are looking into it for me . Have tried the irish kennel club but can never get an answer . Anyone with any info would be much appreciated . Also if it came down to it how difficult is it to get a pup from England as there is a lot of breeders of them over there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gearoido

Can anyone tell me where I'd get a Bearded Collie pup in Ireland, Munster preferably and are they good with Kids.

Regards

Gearoid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TOUCHSTONEBGLS

Hello! I am looking for information about beagles in Ireland and dog shows in Ireland. I live in the USA. We have a judge from Ireland coming to judge one of our major show events. I am curious about how dogs are presented to judges in Irish dog shows. My beagles are bred and used for both hunting and show competitions. I consider correct structure and hunting instincts to be necessary to develop the full potential of the breed. My dogs have been developed through combining bloodlines from Austrailia, Denmark, Finland, and the USA. I am concerned that an Irish judge may demerit my hound due to some scratches on her ears and abbraisions on her tail from running rabbits in briar fields. She is a wonderful hound in wonderful condition. Would like to get some information before sending my entry for the coming event that will necessitate traveling a long distance. She is a Reserve All-Breed Best In Show Winner and is close to finishing her Hunting Beagle Championship (14 months old). A rare thing to the beagle breed here in the USA. Any information that could help me decide about traveling for the judge from Ireland would be greatly appriciated. Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

Has anyone had any probs with welfare. I own a siberian husky. I am doing every thing by the book. She is two and has a clear eye test and am waiting on hip. was tring to get another husky for show. it was stopped by scottish welfare. They called me a puppy farm . I ONLY HAVE ONE BITCH WHO HAS NEVER BEEN BRED.:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bkxxxx

im lookin for a minature dashchund if any one has any info please reply soon

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

im thinking about getting a french bulldog pup in the future, anyone know how much i would be expected to pay for one of them.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Based on temperament which is the better pup and later adult dog to get if you have a two year old a husky or a malamute.

I know it also depends on training but that won't be a problem as my mother used to train and show dogs but it's my brother who's looking for one and he has a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Niamh75

Hi Can any help im trying to find a breeder of Boston terriers in Ireland :)
    can any one point me in the right direction
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fergusonceltic

Does anyone know of a list of kerry blue terrier breeders? We are looking for a young male. We enjoy terriers and are looking for one for our children. We would accept a rescue. Thank you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Razcro

Maybe somebody can let me know which breed of dog they think is for me?

I work away from home for 2 weeks at a time (a couple of times a year) and feel a little dog will keep the girlfriend from hitting the roof every time she hears a creek while im away.

Although It will have to spend some time home alone, my mothers house it not far away. She has a Black lab who I'm sure would love a friend to play with during the day while we are at work.

I am looking for a dog with the following qualities:
    • Quiet (I will be moving to a ground floor apartment) -important one!!
    • Very Small
    • little bit Cute (the girlfriends requirement)
    • Not overly energetic
    • Obedient

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jcogley7

Hi

Can anyone help me I am looking to get 2 pup West Highland Terriers (white) but dont know where to look and get them. Dont want to pay through the roof for them either. I live in mullingar so if anyone could help I would be very grateful :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tess.joyce

Hi,

Does anybody know where i could get a minature schnauzer, i live in Kilkenny but i am willing to travel.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 deirdreq

hey i own two setters and english and an irish setter, the irish setter is a bitch oh! trust me!!, she was in season not so long ago and the english setter who is 14 may i add threw the leg over on a number of occasions, she looks as if shes on pups but i confused as to what type of pup would they be

any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A long shot I know,but anyone know of any Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen breeders in Ireland ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

i have a male minature schnauzer who is 2 years old if anyone is interested in him for studding? hes predominately grey with a white mustache and white legs, very good temper and his father has won many regional dog competitions. i dont know what the procedure because we have never done this before!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Xena warrior

hi,was wondering if anyone knows of american staffordshire breeders off chance,dont want to have one imported and if anyone is looking for staffordshire bull terriers ive 3 and i breed them all champion bloodlines etc.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gil heg

Does anyone know where i could get a toy poodle pup? There seems to be a lack of breeders in ireland and im having trouble finding one! I ideally wanted it for before Christmas, but now i think ill get one whenever i can find one!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poweller

My girlfriend wants to buy a puppy cocker spaniel. She knows a woman selling a pup for 300euro. I asked was it reged and she said the woman could do that but it would cost more. Can someone give me some advice before I give 300euro to spend as i am a bit worried the woman is pulling a fast one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Malet12

Does anyone have the contact number of someone who is selling miniature Jack Russell pups?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AlanM19

Hi,

Does anyone know any Breeders of Belgian Sherpards in the Kildare area
    or surrounding area?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dazz

Hi i'm looking for a golden retriever puppy, called the ikc and they put me on to the aigrc, but they dont know any breeders with pups at the moment. Does anyone here have any pups or know any breeders?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stuart Lawlor

Does anyone know of reputable english bull terrier breeders with good quality pups for sale in ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement