Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Breeders of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Princess Aries

Hi all
    we are searching the internet up and down for a Westie breeder (who is with the IKC) but can't find anyone. We want to stay away from donedeal! If you know any good breeder for Westies please let me know. Thank you!;)

Hi Ive also been looking to get a Westie puppy, and am very wary of who I get it from. Want to get a male dog and the little guy will just be a family pet.. Can I ask why you want to stay away from donedeal? This seems to be the only site I can find with regular updates of puppys..

I have also been trying to contact Mr. G. Fitzpatrick for info.. its a shame he couldnt help :( so surprized you were told it could take 8-9 mths to get a Westie.. I have been researching about them since June, raging I didnt realise it could take that long would made enquiries sooner..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

@ princess aries, if it's a pet Westie you are after ie not planning on showing etc. then perhaps try Westie Rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Westies are one of the breeds which have fallen victim to mass production and back-yard breeding, and it is very, very difficult to source a reputable Westie breeder on the usual websites as a result. The breed is increasingly plagued with health problems, especially with their skin, digestion, hips, and temperament problems.
    The breed club have a reputation for being less than helpful, which is really unfair for people who genuinely want to do the right thing and source a well-bred and well-reared pup.
    If you consult the Westie Rescue site (www.westierescue.ie), they are happy to direct genuine puppy-buyers to reputable breeders if they can't be convinced to adopt one!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Princess Aries

Thanks for the advice guys will have a look at the Westie Rescue site..

Bizzum you seem to know loads about Westie's do you think I should stay away from Done Deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Check out the site I linked you to previously.
    All the answers are there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 the grooming pa

Try Ann Taggart, she breeds westies, you will get her name of the Irish Kennel Club, has lovely little dogs, remember you have to get them groomed, get their shots every year, take care of their teeth and health, walk your dog, feed your dog and make sure it has shelter and is a happy little fellow, good luck in your search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭conan doyle

Hi Just

Spotted your posting, I desperate to get a miniute yorkshire or teacup. I'm in Cork and I've tried at least 20 diffent places. Can you remember where you got yours - thanksn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi Just

Spotted your posting, I desperate to get a miniute yorkshire or teacup. I'm in Cork and I've tried at least 20 diffent places. Can you remember where you got yours - thanksn

Sorry, but theres no such breed as a miniature yorkshire terrier or a tea cup.

You are advised to stay clear of anyone advertising such dogs as they are badly bred dogs which are named teacup or miniature as they breed the runt of the litter with another runt of the litter so not healthy at all so i would highly advise staying away from anyone who advertises these dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

My advice is avoid anyone advertising their dogs as miniture or teacup, the Yorkie breed standard calls for a dog no heavier than 7lbs, which is pretty small anyway and should be available from a good breeder. Contact the Kennel Club for a list of their reputable breeders.

Thanks for the info. I never really knew how tea cup yorkies were bred so now I'm more aware of what I'm looking for now. I just found out from some else that my second choice of chihuau are also being passed off in bad faith. I'll get on to some one reputable before I do anything. Thanks again guys for the info

• Advertisement

thanks for that. I just saw similiar advice on a website. Finding a small dog for an apartment is more daunting that I thought but I'll keep on looking. I know I can give a dog a good home so I think it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭histories

Hi I'm trying to decide between a bernese mountain dog or a newfoundland and was wondering if anyone would have info of reputable dog breeders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robbieb103

looking for a list of breeders for Japanese Akitas in dublin can any one help please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bog Bunny

Contact the IKC and ask for the number of the Breed Club secretary and then take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the grooming pa

You should go to some of the shows and meet the people in person, you can get a list of show dates from the IKC (Irish Kennel Club) the best ones to go to if you want to be sure there are some of your particular breed of dog there is the All breed Ch shows,
    hope that helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any info and Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs? Any breeders in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Bumping for potential help

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Sincerely doubt there are any czech wolfy breeders between here and the UK anyway. In my experience, they are not an easy dog to manage. They seem half wild really with a mind of their own and they're incredibly difficult to train. They can also be extremely dog aggressive. Why do you want one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chelsea_F

I got through to the secretary of the chihuahua club and she was thoroughly unhelpful to be honest. She had only one number for a chihuahua breeder, who was based at the other side of the country.

Does anyone know any reputable smooth coat chihuahua breeders in the Meath/Dublin/Cavan area? would love a tan or white puppy, please let me know if you know any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 musicnotes

Chealsea, Im looking for a chihuahua too,preferably long hair, if you hear of anything please let me know , ive heard the chihuahua secretary is very unhelpful too!

• Advertisement

chelsea_F wrote: »
    She had only one number for a chihuahua breeder, who was based at the other side of the country.

Does anyone know any reputable smooth coat chihuahua breeders in the Meath/Dublin/Cavan area? would love a tan or white puppy, please let me know if you know any!

Sometimes you have to travel to find a good breeder, I live in Dublin but travelled to Mallow in Cork for my Chihuahua, 3.5hrs there, 3.5hrs back, 7hr round trip but my girl was worth every minute of the journey. If the breeder is a good one the effort you put in to get one of their pups will be worth it in the end! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

lrushe wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to travel to find a good breeder, I live in Dublin but travelled to Mallow in Cork for my Chihuahua, 3.5hrs there, 3.5hrs back, 7hr round trip but my girl was worth every minute of the journey. If the breeder is a good one the effort you put in to get one of their pups will be worth it in the end! :)

i have to back you up there Irushe;), i done the same thing, got my fella(rottweiler) in cork aswel even though there are breeders here in dublin.
    it is quality you want, so you will more than likely have to travel to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 musicnotes

Irush, you got your chi in Mallow ??!Im from there and have never heard of chihuahua breeders, I now live in dublin but if you could give me any details of the breeder in mallow it would be great ! :)

musicnotes wrote: »
    Irush, you got your chi in Mallow ??!Im from there and have never heard of chihuahua breeders, I now live in dublin but if you could give me any details of the breeder in mallow it would be great ! :)

She moved back to England, she's originally from Manchester so she moved back there middle of last year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

We dont allow advertising for stud dogs here at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Day Trader

Hi, I am hoping somebody can give me some advice. I am looking to buy a Bassett Griffon Vandee. Anybody know any breeders.

Regards Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Day Trader wrote: »
    Hi, I am hoping somebody can give me some advice. I am looking to buy a Bassett Griffon Vandee. Anybody know any breeders.

Regards Joe

http://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeder/26516.html :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CiaraMK

Hi folks,
    Anyone know any reputable Springer Spaniel (field type, not show type) breeders in Munster? Plenty puppies on donedeal.ie etc but concerned about potential health/temperament issues, and don't think it's worth compromising. The only breeder we found was in Limerick and we haven't received a reply from them. Interested in one as a family pet, not as a gundog or for field trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 agpas

Hi everyone,

I'm desperately looking for male Tibetan Terrier puppy. I hope anyone can help me with this.

Agnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Here's the 2011 list from the IKC for the club secretaries. Sorry if its posted already i didnt read through every post :D

http://ikc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=17&Itemid=32

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement