Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Breeders of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

alibabba wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for your feedback.
    Ya, I think bringing him to shows is a good idea and see what happens from there. Im sure if someone is interested in him, they might know a bit about it too.

Show # 1 --->

You've been given some good advice and starting to show your dog would be a good start but the health testing is just as, if not more important especially in a breed like the Boxer which has some major heart issues as well as eye problems. Your dog might be lovely on the outside but have some significant problems on the inside which no ethical breeder would pass onto the next generation.
    I would also throw myself into getting to know bloodlines and what good points your dog has and its equally important to know his bad points so you can choose a pairing which can compliment his flaws as well enhance his good points.
    Breeding when done right is v.time consuming and alot of knowledge is needed to do it ethically and right, one of the reasons I have never attempted it :) Do your homework and learning everything you can on the Boxer breed, go to shows and get to know people and their dogs, clock up some titles and you'll have people qeueing up to use your dog, remember a good stud dog never needs to advertise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Is there a reason why I'm finding it so difficult to get a Japanese Akita pup. Been on the lookout for a while and spent ages searching today, can't find anything and can't find any breeders.

Would be great if anyone knows how to go about getting one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

let it with me. i'l see what i can do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

let it with me. i'l see what i can do

Thanks v much!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

Hi ya im currently looking for a golden/nearly white ikc reg lab stud dog in the Connaught area. I am also looking for a Miniture Jack Russell, a nice coloured one this one doesn't have to be pb. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Hi,
    I'm looking for a boxer pup, been in contact with the IKC club but to no avail...
    Been keeping an eye on donedeal.ie but am a bit wary and they all seem to be down in the munster area (im in kildare btw).

Any help appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

deadlast wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a boxer pup, been in contact with the IKC club but to no avail...
    Been keeping an eye on donedeal.ie but am a bit wary and they all seem to be down in the munster area (im in kildare btw).

Any help appreciated! :)

If you go to IKC website you will find a list of breed club secretaries, contact them and they will put you in contact with breeders who have pups or are planning litters.
    Or try these, i highly recommend them.

http://www.bessboxboxers.com/ABOUT-US

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

andreac wrote: »
    If you go to IKC website you will find a list of breed club secretaries, contact them and they will put you in contact with breeders who have pups or are planning litters.
    Or try these, i highly recommend them.
    http://www.bessboxboxers.com/ABOUT-US

Thanks andrea, i emailed paul back in december but there was nothing then...moved house soon after so that stalled it. Just emailed him again, hopefully he'll come back with something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

Does anyone know who I should get in touch with if I have concerns about a dog breeder??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Peter Banks

I have concerns about a dog breeder??

What sort of concerns do you have? Whilst you can contact the Irish Kennel Club, in practice they are highly unlikely to do anything!

A few more details might assist us in giving you the right advice ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sheenadeegan

ye will do, let you know as soon as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 branwen00

skunky wrote: »
    Hi there. anyone know of any Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier's Breeders in Ireland, i've been looking for a while and cant seem to find any. :confused:

Staffies are always available in rescue shelters - check out www.dspca.ie and other dog rescues, much cheaper than buying from a breeder and so many lovely dogs looking for good homes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 branwen00

Jennyfer wrote: »
    Does anyone know who I should get in touch with if I have concerns about a dog breeder??

contact the dspca www.dspca.ie if you think a breeder is mistreating the dogs or ring the gardai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

branwen00 wrote: »
    contact the dspca www.dspca.ie if you think a breeder is mistreating the dogs or ring the gardai

Yeh thanks thats who I contacted, could be wrong about the guy, bought my own dog from him last year and few things didnt add up and see now he's advertising again. He gave me a different name when I contacted him initially, then said somebody else had placed the ad for him and given their name instead of his but yet his number, the stickers on her vaccinations were out of date, she was manky dirty, she had fleas, she was nervous as hell (she's a boxer and was huddled in a corner, wouldnt budge - just not like the breed), didnt see mother or father, no other pups and now in his new ad its just one pup again and says the same waffle "one dog remaining due to cancellation". As I said I could be completely wrong but the day I went to collect my own dog my instinct told me it was all wrong but I had to take her, felt more like a rescue mission! So when I saw new ad I felt I had to do something, just incase, you never know. DSPCA are gonna check him out hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mollymoo1

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ok here is the list of Dog breeders in Ireland as promised.
    What Ive done is use the Club Secretary as the contact who will be able to put you in touch with someone in your area.
    And all Im supplying is the Breed and contact phone number.
    Im trying to keep the list small so Im only using the most popular breeds.If the breed is not on it contact me and Ill see what I can do.

http://ikc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=17&Itemid=32

hi does anyone know of a breeder of chinese crested dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jeffryan83

hi im looking for a shar pei puppy if anyone knows any breeders in the munster area it would be a great help as im trying to get one for my wifes birthday in september i havent been able to come across many on the web. thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Hey there, anybody know of a great dane breeder in the munster area who's due a litter of pups soon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 molko2b

thedrowner wrote: »
    I should be on that list! hehe. my family breeds bulldogs if anyone's interested, pm me.

What sort of bulldogs do you breed?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MR PIGGY

Can anyone please help. I am looking for a golden retriever pup for my family, I do not have enough money to buy one at big cost. Does anyone know of someone who is trying to off load a puppy. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

MR PIGGY wrote: »
    Can anyone please help. I am looking for a golden retriever pup for my family, I do not have enough money to buy one at big cost. Does anyone know of someone who is trying to off load a puppy. Many thanks.

Please do not go looking for breeders selling cheap pups, you will find plenty of scams selling cheap or 'free' pups, or you will just end up buying a poorly bred and sickly puppy that will cost just as much in vets fees. Best thing to do is save up some money and while saving research some reputable breeders who health test their dogs. Or you can have a look for people or rescues re-homing golden retrievers, be warned it's not always just a way of getting a bargain dog though, you still have to think about food, vaccinations, worming, neutering and accessories (leads, beds, collars etc.) costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 MR PIGGY

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Please do not go looking for breeders selling cheap pups, you will find plenty of scams selling cheap or 'free' pups, or you will just end up buying a poorly bred and sickly puppy that will cost just as much in vets fees. Best thing to do is save up some money and while saving research some reputable breeders who health test their dogs. Or you can have a look for people or rescues re-homing golden retrievers, be warned it's not always just a way of getting a bargain dog though, you still have to think about food, vaccinations, worming, neutering and accessories (leads, beds, collars etc.) costs.

Thanks Zapperzy,

I will take your advice on board.

Regards
    Mr Piggy

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Hi all
    we are searching the internet up and down for a Westie breeder (who is with the IKC) but can't find anyone. We want to stay away from donedeal! If you know any good breeder for Westies please let me know. Thank you!;)

Hi all
    we are searching the internet up and down for a Westie breeder (who is with the IKC) but can't find anyone. We want to stay away from donedeal! If you know any good breeder for Westies please let me know. Thank you!;)

All Ireland West Highland White Terrier Association

Mr. G. Fitzpatrick
    Simonstown, Navan, Co. Meath.
    (046-9022259) Email: jandgfitzpatrick@eircom.net
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Mr. G. Fitzpatrick
    :)[/QUOTE
    Thank you for your reply. :)
    We contacted him already and got told that they are only a small group of people how more doing in showdogs then in breeding. And we could end up waiting around 8 to 9 months :(.

Mr. G. Fitzpatrick
    :)[/QUOTE
    Thank you for your reply. :)
    We contacted him already and got told that they are only a small group of people how more doing in showdogs then in breeding. And we could end up waiting around 8 to 9 months :(.

To be honest, 8 to 9 months isnt a long wait for the right dog. Responsible breeders have a waiting list as they dont breed that often which is a good thing.
    Why not pop down to a show and talk to some of the westie exhibitors and ask when they might have puppies planned.
    Theres a show on this monday in dublin, starts at 9am and goes on all day. At The National Show Centre Dublin, out by the aiport.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mazzie

hi i'm wondering if anyone knows where i would be able to buy an american eskimo dog? have searched the web and no luck, any ads ive come across are blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

mazzie wrote: »
    hi i'm wondering if anyone knows where i would be able to buy an american eskimo dog? have searched the web and no luck, any ads ive come across are blank.

There was somebody on here a while ago that had brought one or two in from the USA when they moved if I remember correctly, and they did mention that there are some around. If you do a search on this site, those posts should come up, or contact the IKC, they may be able to help you. I would think though that you may have to travel to the UK for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mazzie

thanks, have seen a few ads for them but looking through the previous posts, these breeders have several breeds for sale. Am bit wary of those who sell many dogs. have seen this dog in my local town a visitor had him/her, thought it was a beautiful dog. going to give IKC a ring tomorrow, unfor am not in a position to cross to UK at min.
    thanks again

thanks, have seen a few ads for them but looking through the previous posts, these breeders have several breeds for sale. Am bit wary of those who sell many dogs. have seen this dog in my local town a visitor had him/her, thought it was a beautiful dog. going to give IKC a ring tomorrow, unfor am not in a position to cross to UK at min.
    thanks again

You wont get any help from IKC im afraid as they are not a recognised breed in ireland so they wont have any info about them.

Be very wary of ads online as i would imagine most of them are scams. Ive never seen these dogs being sold or advertised in Ireland so doubt you are going to find one too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

thanks again

Have you had a look at the Japanese Spitz, very similar dog and much more common in Ireland.

http://mekclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/japanese-spitz.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement