Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

I drove the ZS180 V6 a few years back too. Only around phoenix park though so didn't get to test the handling. It drank petrol like it was going out of fashion!

Yeah I have a ZT180 (same engine but auto) and she likes a drop of fuel it must be said, the 1.8 ones handle better than the V6s, here she is

NewImage1.jpg

2009_1029Prelude_clean0003.jpg

2009_1029Prelude_clean0001.jpg

and the V6..........
    2009_1106Prelude_clean0005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Love that car :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Love that car :o

One of the nicest Rover's imo. Its nice to see its looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mmmmm very nice James :D

I see you have the "hairpin" alloys. They look good on the ZT but horrible on the ZR. I had the 17" straights on my one. Much better looking IMO.

180 isn't much power though for a 2.5 V6 wouldn't you say? I don't think so anyway.

One of the nicest Rover's imo. Its nice to see its looked after.

It's an MG ;)

• Advertisement

180 isn't much power though for a 2.5 V6 wouldn't you say? I don't think so anyway.

I agree, I had a 3SGE powered Celica that was putting out almost that. For the 2.5 tax and the petrol it drinks the performance doesn't match really. Savage comfy car with very good handling and looks (imo) though so I'm happy with her. She had more or less a full service history and was very clean so she appears to have been looked after. I have put in a K&N panel filter and given her an oil service and cleaned the engine bay. New MG badges on the way along with an oil catch tank that will hopefully prolong the life of the VIS (variable induction system thingy) motors. €600 or so for new tyres in a few weeks and she'll be all set for winter :pac:

The auto is just under 9 secs to 60 so it's not too bad for a big car, feels very nimble on the road too. Sports mode is very good, transforms the way it behaves. As Lightning says, they are not stressed. They are quite robust engines in the ZT, they were muck in the 800s but all sorted for the Zs.

It's an MG ;)

Built by Rover :p

RoverJames wrote: »
    I agree, I had a 3SGE powered Celica that was putting out almost that. For the 2.5 tax and the petrol it drinks the performance doesn't match really. Savage comfy car with very good handling and looks (imo) though so I'm happy with her. She had more or less a full service history and was very clean so she appears to have been looked after. I have put in a K&N panel filter and given her an oil service and cleaned the engine bay. New MG badges on the way along with an oil catch tank that will hopefully prolong the life of the VIS (variable induction system thingy) motors. €600 or so for new tyres in a few weeks and she'll be all set for winter :pac:

The auto is just under 9 secs to 60 so it's not too bad for a big car, feels very nimble on the road too. Sports mode is very good, transforms the way it behaves. As Lightning says, they are not stressed. They are quite robust engines in the ZT, they were muck in the 800s but all sorted for the Zs.

Yeah I agree with all this. My main point really was that for what you pay for tax and petrol, it doesn't match :D I also had the badge fade problem on the ZR. Front and back :( New badges sorted that! And I must say, the facelift in 2005 made them look muscular but I'm kinda thinking the original design was nicer.

I was being pedantic!

I'd consider it more a Rover than an MG really to be honest, it's a hugely different car to a 75 in many ways but calling a spade a spade it's a factory modded 75 I reckon, they did a damn fine job though.

I was being pedantic!

I know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Is there any reason why they'd mount a V6 sideways? Purely space constraints?

EDIT: Ah, front wheel drive?

Is there any reason why they'd mount a V6 sideways? Purely space constraints?

EDIT: Ah, front wheel drive?

Yep, fwd. The V8s are rwd.

Yep, fwd. The V8s are rwd.

That'd be the MG ZV with the seriously underpowered Mustang V8?

That'd be the MG ZV with the seriously underpowered Mustang V8?

Nope, MG ZT 260, you're right about the engine though, lazy yoke in standard tune. Still savage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Didn't realise she was auto, nice. Probably a better long term bet than the manual as the JATCO boxes just plain don't go wrong. I don't find the 190 too bad on petrol, 33mpg doing 80mph, around 28mpg mixed driving.

einheisserschre, you're probably thinking of the MG SV(aka the car with punto headlights and fiat coupe tail lights) which had a 4.6 Ford V8, 320hp and 0-60 in 5.3 seconds.

The ZT260 was also RWD and had a 4.6 V8, but only pushed out 260hp. Had uprated brakes/discs all round, uprated blistein shocks all round, gearbox and engine were lifted from a Mustang. It's only a 2valve SOHC, hence the relatively low power. Very unstressed and torquey engine though, and a beautiful sound.

A good few owners have gotten Kenne Bell supercharger conversions, brings the car up to around 400-420bhp, sounds absolutely amazing and faster than an M5 in a straight line.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQOlGryDcJs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IqMMbb76gU&feature=related

Yum :D

Tragedy wrote: »
    Didn't realise she was auto, nice. Probably a better long term bet than the manual as the JATCO boxes just plain don't go wrong. I don't find the 190 too bad on petrol, 33mpg doing 80mph, around 28mpg mixed driving.

I'm getting 21mpg average from the ZT 180, my old 520i did 23mpg over the same driving and my 216 coupe did 27mpg. Over a week I'd do about 40 miles over the weekend pootling about in the city, then Mon to Fri about 100 miles which is mainly in and out of work with short trips to the gym or whatever in the evening. Spins to and from work have hills for about 30% of the spin.

I've done in the last month: Manchester to Coventry(including the infamous peak time M6 traffic, ****ing hell)
    Coventry to Liverpool(and again, peak time M6 traffic)
    Liverpool to Holyhead
    Dublin to Belfast/Belfast to Dublin
    Dublin to Ballybunion
    Ballybunion to Cork
    Cork to Dublin

Never gone under 33 on any of those, and cork to Dublin I was hoofing it back up.
    You should be able to get 25mpg at least, might want to enable on board diagnostics and make sure your thermostat is operating correctly. And might want to change over to 0w40 fully synth, should get you an extra 2-3 mpg!

Yeah, I plan on using Mobil 1 fully synthetic but I want to leave the fresh 10w40 Mobil S in there for 3000 miles ish as I think she was overdue an oil change. She's running 225 40 18s too which won't be helping. I'd be surpised to see 25mpg out of her on my driving routine, as said the 1.6 4 cyl coupe only did 27mpg for me on the same routes. All of your spins were long, I'm averaging under 20mph on the trip yoke thing :rolleyes:

Yeah, I plan on using Mobil 1 fully synthetic but I want to leave the fresh 10w40 Mobil S in there for 3000 miles ish as I think she was overdue an oil change. She's running 225 40 18s too which won't be helping. I'd be surpised to see 25mpg out of her on my driving routine, as said the 1.6 4 cyl coupe only did 27mpg for me on the same routes. All of your spins were long, I'm averaging under 20mph on the trip yoke thing :rolleyes:
    I do plenty of short trips, but since I'm still enjoying the engine and exhaust note I won't mention what figures I get. It's embarrassing :(

Halfords are doing a good special on Mobil 1 atm, if you haven't spotted it - €48 for 5l of 0w40 fully synth

I do plenty of short trips, but since I'm still enjoying the engine and exhaust note I won't mention what figures I get. It's embarrassing :(

Halfords are doing a good special on Mobil 1 atm, if you haven't spotted it - €48 for 5l of 0w40 fully synth

Ah go on tell us :pac:
    This week I'm going to run this coming weekend into last weekends tank of juice to see how 2 weekends effect the weekly figure, then brim it Sunday evening and see how it works out for Monday to Friday only.

Yep, I'll be buying two jugs of that :D

• Advertisement

Ah go on tell us :pac:
    This week I'm going to run this coming weekend into last weekends tank of juice to see how 2 weekends effect the weekly figure, then brim it Sunday evening and see how it works out for Monday to Friday only.

Boooorrriinnggg!! :p

Just tell us how fast she can go!

Spend over €50 and you get a €10 voucher for use in a few weeks, so two 5L Mobil 1s work out at €43/each :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Richie ae86

heres mine

dscf3186.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sleek fx?

Bad ould birds :L :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

heres mine

dscf3186.th.jpg
    What are those things hanging off the Batmobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Airbags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

GTICoast002.jpg
    GTI007.jpg

^^^ Love the interior!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Have it almost two weeks now. Love it so far anyway!

47954_155918217755200_100000110681730_533956_3664830_n.jpg
    47954_155918231088532_100000110681730_533960_6997382_n.jpg
    47954_155918221088533_100000110681730_533957_8247847_n.jpg
    44867_155917524421936_100000110681730_533950_7913564_n.jpg
    47954_155918214421867_100000110681730_533955_210020_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

My Civic SiR i personally brought in from Japan

At Track
    minerearbright__dark.jpg

On Track doing what cars do best - Pic from www.d4dphoto.com (if anyone else was out for japfest or any other event at mondello check this site fr professional photos)
    mebaz.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement