Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Mine having a bit of tweaking done over in Urban Per4mance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Nice Integra Type R!
    I'm sure its much faster and handles much better than my wee Puma... :p

I thought the Integra was rear wheel drive though... guess I was wrong... :/

I thought the Integra was rear wheel drive though... guess I was wrong... :/

Widely regarded as one of the best handling FWD cars of its era.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Once upon a time the Integra was my dream car.

That was when I used to play Need For Speed a lot and thought cars looked cool with large spoilers and neon lights under the body...
    I wanted to get an Integra some day and paint it bright blue, fit a body kit to it, drop the suspension, huge turbo and the whole lot...

But then I grew up and now I want a supercharged V8 Jaaaaaaaaaag!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

40805_1563338373198_1527521652_31433136_8332432_n.jpg

45896_1563338573203_1527521652_31433137_3290592_n.jpg
    Heres my Focus tdci nothing fancy but I love it!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Once upon a time the Integra was my dream car.

That was when I used to play Need For Speed a lot and thought cars looked cool with large spoilers and neon lights under the body...
    I wanted to get an Integra some day and paint it bright blue, fit a body kit to it, drop the suspension, huge turbo and the whole lot...

But then I grew up and now I want a supercharged V8 Jaaaaaaaaaag!!! :D

Last week eh?

:p:p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Here is my new baby - sources a week ago.
    E39 525i Sprot Individual
    Jap import - everything seems to line up including the 10,000 miles on the clock!

IMG00707-20100826-0844.jpg
    IMG00706-20100826-0843.jpg

10k on the clock :eek::eek:

Nice machine well wear

Yeah!
    There isn't a mark on her! Alloys, bodywork & interior are impecable. The only main issue is that the radio is for Japanland and only goes to 90MHz.
    IMG00709-20100826-0844.jpg

You can buy an adaptor that goes into the aerial socket that fixes your problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

my working horse
    like it clean
    bit old but very cheap :)

feelites wrote: »
    my working horse
    like it clean

Nice car, tiny bit lower and it'll be spot on

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

feelites wrote: »
    my working horse
    like it clean

Very Nice,Bet them rims weren't cheap though!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

pajero12 wrote: »
    Very Nice,Bet them rims weren't cheap though!!:D

thanks

had a long story with the wheels, bought 4 sets secondhands in dublin and no ones could fit where the sellers guaranteed that they will, and 2 sets were cracked and buckled which i didnt noticed and ofcourse they were saying they are grand! LOL

had to go to NI to get current ones, paid 450e for the set of 5 with very good tyres on them, so not that expensive, that was cheap i think :)

i have sprayed brake calipers and stick some VW logo on it for a better overal look, hope u like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

kbannon wrote: »
    Yeah!
    There isn't a mark on her! Alloys, bodywork & interior are impecable. The only main issue is that the radio is for Japanland and only goes to 90MHz.
    http://lh6.ggpht.com/_IJuqCPg4exw/THgyRGE9osI/AAAAAAAAAQU/XJ3X_s1iSxA/s800/IMG00709-20100826-0844.jpg

I have the exact same problem with my radio. It's fair annoying because it's not able to keep stations set for each button. It's awkward to change the whole thing too as it's all part of the one huge piece of dash :(

EDIT: I'd also believe the low milage. Mine was also very low when I bought it (20,500 miles). I think in Japan, the traffic is so bad that very little milage is done anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Yeah!
    IMG00709-20100826-0844.jpg
    I have the exact same problem with my radio. It's fair annoying because it's not able to keep stations set for each button. It's awkward to change the whole thing too as it's all part of the one huge piece of dash :(

EDIT: I'd also believe the low milage. Mine was also very low when I bought it (20,500 miles). I think in Japan, the traffic is so bad that very little milage is done anyway.

Lovely example kbannon! Did you import it yourself?
    The radio is easily enough swapped out if you know what you're doing, the radio has nothing to do with the headunit, its kind of a dumb device, it only takes input from everything else, cd changer, radio module, nav computer etc in the boot.

If you want a UK/Ireland radio BM24 module, you can get them off eBay for around £50, but installation requires pulling out all of the electronics in the boot as the module is located underneath the sound deading wall in the boot and everything else is located infront of it, about 2 hours work if you've never done it before.

I'm not too bothered about the radio.
    I've a Creative Zen there beside the gear level for my MP3s and it also has radio should I need it.

The car was advertised on Carzone from a dealer in Knocklyon. I was told that it had been bought in a liquidation sale of a Jap Import company. Whatever the real story is, i don't care - the car is rock solid.

I do miss the left pedal though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Yeah!

Very nice! Can you prove the milage...any record from the auction?

On the radio my sister bought a Jap Import Toyota Celica VVTLi and was able to get an adaptor that pluged into the back of the radio that enabled her to tune into radio stations here.

She got it from Japarts near Kilcock...numbers I have in my phone for them are (086)3862868 and (046) 95 41549.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

On the radio my sister bought a Jap Import Toyota Celica VVTLi and was able to get an adaptor that pluged into the back of the radio that enabled her to tune into radio stations here.

She got it from Japarts near Kilcock...numbers I have in my phone for them are (086)3862868 and (046) 95 41549.

Fleabay:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/DISCOUNT-FM-import-band-expander-frequency-shifter-/130419185175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3#ht_984wt_1137

Around €15 delivered

That crowd are gone :( engaged tone from landline and when I rang the mobile it said "this number is not in service"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Balls. Didn't know that. I've dealt with them a few times and they were brilliant...could get me something no bother direct from Japan (they had contacts out there) that I could not get anywhere in Ire/UK.

Had a look at the link to ebay above and it was something like that my sister got. Well worth it at that price imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

I'm not too bothered about the radio.
    I've a Creative Zen there beside the gear level for my MP3s and it also has radio should I need it...

Try this:

BM53 with Wide screen Monitor AFTER 9/01

1. Turn the radio on.
    2. Immediately press and hold the 'Select' button for at least 8 seconds. The screen will switch to Service Mode.
    3. The screen will now show the serial number of the radio.
    4. Use the "< >" buttons to select the desired service function.
    5. Selections for the desired service function can be made by using the radio station preset buttons #1-6.
    6. Turn the radio off to leave the service mode.
    NOTE:
    When selecting the country AREA, push the station preset #1 repeatedly until AREA ECE (Europe) is shown on the screen.
    When selecting the GAL level, use station presets #1-6 to select level.
    To turn off/on the RDS function on this radio, push the 'INFO' button and select RDS off/on.

It might work. If not and you see "Radio: C23 BM JPN", then you do not have the correct radio module therefore can't get it recoded to ECE.

You absolute beauty bmstuff!
    That worked perfectly.

I will PM you with a few more Qs that maybe you have the answers for.

Onkle wrote: »
    Widely regarded as one of the best handling FWD cars of its era.

Yep, along with the FTO and 1.8 ZS.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Yep, along with the FTO and 1.8 ZS.

The MG ZS? I had a 105bhp MG ZR a few years ago. Front wheel drive and it handled unbelievably for a car of its class. It was as flat as could be going around bends.

The MG ZS? I had a 105bhp MG ZR a few years ago. Front wheel drive and it handled unbelievably for a car of its class. It was as flat as could be going around bends.

Yep, the ZS is a better handler than the ZR, the ZR is very good though no doubt.

Yep, the ZS is a better handler than the ZR, the ZR is very good though no doubt.

I drove the ZS180 V6 a few years back too. Only around phoenix park though so didn't get to test the handling. It drank petrol like it was going out of fashion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

They don't work ;)

4897998479_17e98420bb.jpg
    4947472315_17b23d7458.jpg
    4778048800_22e30c2867.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement