Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dandyo

yop wrote: »
    Did you sell the pictures too :D No appearing captain :D

Now there is an idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    It's only a 320i, but that's not a problem for me. I moved apartment this week and am only a 10 minute stroll from work, so I won't be doing a whole lot of driving. It's really a weekend car :)

2006 reg but only 63k (genuine) miles on it which was a big factor! Full leather too so I'm happy out. Just a couple of things I want to get done myself, i.e. parking sensors and a full detail. Apart from that, I'll be as happy as a pig in... :D

The main things I wanted were low mileage, no running issues, full leather and as-new condition. So I'm delighted with it!

Well done, Thats some step up! You must feel like king of the road.

Oh yeah......... Not another bloody bmw. At least its not silver:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

@japasca, passed you in Limerick on Tuesday. Looks well

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

japasca wrote: »
    Just got her last week. Had to do a few jobs to her such as...
    1) Get the DSG gearbox serviced as it was overlooked by the previous owner (€250)
    2) Change dealership plastic plates to plain metal ones.
    3) Detar, wash and wax
    4) Change pollen filter (€15)
    5) Change out 4 budget Chinese tyres to Dunlop SP Sports (€740)

The alloys are a bit curbed, but otherwise a mint car with only 65,000km on the clock.

Very nice japasca. :cool:

Get the cam follower changed while you have it in for the DSG service if it hasn't been done before. Very cheap item but a good idea to have it changed every second service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but those 2 litre engines are known to suffer from expensive-to-remedy fuel injector issues.

Just something to be aware of.

My father has a '06 320i since '08, bought it with only 19k miles on it. It now has over 130k miles and has been faultless so maybe some are lucky and some aren't.

Well wear TJ Mackie. Some step up from a '99 Accent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

renofan wrote: »
    My father has a '06 320i since '08, bought it with only 19k miles on it. It now has over 130k miles and has been faultless so maybe some are lucky and some aren't.

Well wear TJ Mackie. Some step up from a '99 Accent!

Any evidence of the injectors having been replaced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Any evidence of the injectors having been replaced?

Nope, car came with a service history from one of the BMW garages in Dublin and nothing mentioned in it but that wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

That chugging is actually the main symptom but you should also get an error on the dash.

I'm not fully up on the injector failure as it hasn't happened on mine but others here have had it happen. Maybe start a new thread in the motors forum to get a wider view.

Mine does the chugging from time to time since day one aswell not always and I heard about the same fault in the 330i but no fault shows up had it looked at aswell but got the all clear always wondered about that.

It's mad that there's no errors on the dash as the injectors have to be coded in when replaced so you'd imagine they'd be fairly sensitive and throw a code. fitzgeme had injectors replaced on his 335 so maybe he could tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That chugging could also be a cam sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

2 pages and one picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

CianRyan wrote: »

My old Grand Vitara. 2.0 TD I/C Turbo, a lovely jeep which I miss dearly. Deadly off road too, surprisingly.
    8660481979_14cc7c99ec_c.jpg
    8661583170_a2cf3ed394_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

thank **** for that. i didn't want to be the one to say it.

the only thing worse than when the "post a pic" thread is full of pics of BMW's, is when its full of lads chatting about; and not posting pics of BMW's.

*obligatory repost pic
    icoaqv.jpg

And here's an old Mazda with some seriously bad swirl marks! :pac:

2vb9b1f.jpg

Note: The lip isn't being sealed because it's covered in tar... Which reminds me, I need Tar and Iron Cleanse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

oLWW9Wfl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Axidium

GvidoR, I see you like Mighty Car Mods. They're great.

thank **** for that. i didn't want to be the one to say it.

the only thing worse than when the "post a pic" thread is full of pics of BMW's, is when its full of lads chatting about; and not posting pics of BMW's.

Sorry your Naziness but it was more like helping a guy out with a problem he was having rather than actual chat which this thread is known for and I doubt either of you are innocent when it comes down to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Sorry your Naziness but it was more like helping a guy out with a problem he was having rather than actual chat which this thread is known for and I doubt either of you are innocent when it comes down to it...

MM I reckon they were joking man :)

YbFocus wrote: »
    MM I reckon they were joking man :)

There's :pac: :P :D and :P to show people when you are joking, otherwise it's going to be taken seriously.

I even suggested that the poster start a new thread in the main forum so as to reduce the OT posts (still not chat) here and the high-horsed ones chose to ignore that.

Ah would ya shtaaap, lad!
    I can't be using smilies all the time, far too lazy.

An just because we're allies doesn't mean you can enlist us. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DaveyWaveyLad

Quoted image removed, 24 hour ban given.

The colour is called Arctic Silver and yes it does appear Blue in certain light. I had a 320i similar to yours, 05C and had the timing Chain go (luckily while stationary) at 70k KM's. Cost €800 to fix but always felt a vibration from the pedals afterwards. Traded it in for a new Passat which is a quality built car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I posted this in the chat thread yesterday.

Christmas alfa:D

DSC_0129-1.jpg

Plus you cant see any of the scratches when its covered in snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

don't be so tetch MM, we're all friends here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The colour is called Arctic Silver and yes it does appear Blue in certain light. I had a 320i similar to yours, 05C and had the timing Chain go (luckily while stationary) at 70k KM's. Cost €800 to fix but always felt a vibration from the pedals afterwards. Traded it in for a new Passat which is a quality built car.

you might want to edit your post before a mod sees it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Too late - see you in 24 hours DaveyWaveyLad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

My new bus. Got her properly cleaned yesterday so I should get some daytime shots but not in this weather. Fully original with not a bit changed from factory (Bar a new screen which I got since this pic) :-)11328515655_794562d39a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Don't have these hosted anywhere so attachments i'm afraid, had the car almost two years now. Will be keeping for quite a while yet I think. ('08 Sline B7 Avant.)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Love those old corollas.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bechermann

My Corolla, not quite as old as the beauty above though!! :P

IMG_0037_zps517c9970.jpg

Sorry the pic is so big, dunno how to resize!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What spec is that Corolla, would have been imported pretty early in its life going by the reg. 2 tone on those is cool!
    Seats look the same as a SE Limited my mam had back in the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement