Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Any part of the wheel protruding past the arch is a safety issue and hence a fail. It's actually one of the more sensible things the NCT can fail a car for.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Plus it decreases handling capabilitied in the turns.

More importantly it will throw more muck and $hi7 up the sides of your car :P LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

vectra wrote: »
    Not entirely correct,
    My local man can do some tyres inc. fitting for what they can be bought for on the likes of eiretyres.

Where is your local guy? I'll be in the market for new tyres soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

vectra wrote: »
    Define "Decent" ?

Not entirely correct,
    My local man can do some tyres inc. fitting for what they can be bought for on the likes of eiretyres.

For you maybe but not for me unless I'm being charged 140 Euros to put the tyres on and balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any part of the wheel protruding past the arch is a safety issue and hence a fail. It's actually one of the more sensible things the NCT can fail a car for.

As long as the top of the tyre is under your fine, those tyres looked stretched and it looks like they would pass to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

4F0eV4b.jpg

iXDcEut.jpg

3OaPxjM.jpg

pk6GqFT.jpg

9z90Nxf.jpg

Just got her last week. Had to do a few jobs to her such as...
    1) Get the DSG gearbox serviced as it was overlooked by the previous owner (€250)
    2) Change dealership plastic plates to plain metal ones.
    3) Detar, wash and wax
    4) Change pollen filter (€15)
    5) Change out 4 budget Chinese tyres to Dunlop SP Sports (€740)

The alloys are a bit curbed, but otherwise a mint car with only 65,000km on the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

^^^^ Sweet looking car, really immaculate looking :cool:

What Ammo products are you using and how do you find them? I do enjoy his youtube channel but haven't tried any of his products yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

high horse wrote: »
    Where is your local guy? I'll be in the market for new tyres soon

Fermoy.

For you maybe but not for me unless I'm being charged 140 Euros to put the tyres on and balanced

For me he can supply and fit tyres that will equal or better any price on Eiretyres.
    And that includes fitting.
    japasca wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Just got her last week. Had to do a few jobs to her such as...
    1) Get the DSG gearbox serviced as it was overlooked by the previous owner (€250)
    2) Change dealership plastic plates to plain metal ones.
    3) Detar, wash and wax
    4) Change pollen filter (€15)
    5) Change out 4 budget Chinese tyres to Dunlop SP Sports (€740)

The alloys are a bit curbed, but otherwise a mint car with only 65,000km on the clock.

Nice
    Petrol or deisel?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    ^^^^ Sweet looking car, really immaculate looking :cool:

What Ammo products are you using and how do you find them? I do enjoy his youtube channel but haven't tried any of his products yet :)

I bought the Lather interior cleaner, Leather conditioner, Mud tyre gel and the skin sealant.
    The cleaner is very good, and leaves a residue free finish and removes stains well. The leather conditioner is ok (hard to tell if its worth the cost over another brand) but smells good. The mud tyre gel is very good! It goes on easy and lasts for days without splattering the paint or alloys. The skin sealant was easy to apply, however i did not notice any results over some products you could buy in Halfords for a third of the cost.

If i was buying again i would only go for Mud tyre gel and interior cleaner.

@ Vectra: I got the Petrol version. I only do around 8,000km per year and the TFSI sounds nicer :p

Where did you get the plates? Nice, clean font.

Aren't those plates illegal ?

You need to have the EU gubbins i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Aren't those plates illegal ?

You need to have the EU gubbins i think

They need dashes between the year/county/number, and the county name in Irish as well to be legal.

Even with all that the font is still nice.

Where did you get the plates? Nice, clean font.

I got them from eireplates.com
    I was looking for something clean, simple and uncluttered. I know they aren't legal, but I don't think the fuzz will worry too much about them.
    Let's hope Supergurrier doesn't make a citizens arrest if he spots me on the road ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Loving the car, don't be insulted but I think the plates "common" it too much, sorry, don't take it as an insult, just my opinion :(
    But georgous car, well wear.

Re the tires, I got 2 of them Goodyears cheaper from a place in Galway than they were on eiretires! I was surprised but they beat the price.

yop wrote: »
    Loving the car, don't be insulted but I think the plates "common" it too much, sorry, don't take it as an insult, just my opinion :(
    But georgous car, well wear.

Re the tires, I got 2 of them Goodyears cheaper from a place in Galway than they were on eiretires! I was surprised but they beat the price.

Kieran Farrel do the assy2 for 165 a corner which is OK in a pinch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Man that's a stunning interior - one of Audi's best traits in my opinion.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Kieran Farrel do the assy2 for 165 a corner which is OK in a pinch

145 of Kevin Bourke ;)

yop wrote: »
    145 of Kevin Bourke ;)

Fitted and balanced ?

If so that's a great price

Also foes he have the proper table with rubber bits to not scratch the wheel ? What size tyres also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

I prefer Kevin Bourke also, they wanted 50 to fit the ones I bough online, Kieran wanted 60... Have no idea about their prices...

Fitted and balanced ?

If so that's a great price

Also foes he have the proper table with rubber bits to not scratch the wheel ? What size tyres also ?

Yip, all in. 225/40 R18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

My new baby :)

Will put up some proper pictures once I've had her detailed, but I'm delighted with it. Might not be the most powerful, and might not have the most extras, but it's in fantastic condition and is more rewarding knowing that I saved hard for it and served my time in a 99 Accent for a few years! :o

I love the colour. Don't know what it is, it looks silver at times, then looks blue when you get closer, and looks green when you look at it from an angle...!

aRM5C0Ol.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Another bloody BMW driver......oh yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I got them from eireplates.com
    I was looking for something clean, simple and uncluttered. I know they aren't legal, but I don't think the fuzz will worry too much about them.
    Let's hope Supergurrier doesn't make a citizens arrest if he spots me on the road ;)

i thought that as well when i had similiar plates and got stopped by an unmarked traffic corps on the south mall in cork one tuesday night............@ 11pm. Told me my plates were illegal and if i didn't change them would fine me (no points for this offence) took my details! As i live in the city centre no point arguing i just complied!

just be warned .

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    My new baby :)

Will put up some proper pictures once I've had her detailed, but I'm delighted with it. Might not be the most powerful, and might not have the most extras, but it's in fantastic condition and is more rewarding knowing that I saved hard for it and served my time in a 99 Accent for a few years! :o

I love the colour. Don't know what it is, it looks silver at times, then looks blue when you get closer, and looks green when you look at it from an angle...!

Nice Car TJ! Is it a 318d? What is the spec and mileage?

Nice Car TJ! Is it a 318d? What is the spec and mileage?

It's only a 320i, but that's not a problem for me. I moved apartment this week and am only a 10 minute stroll from work, so I won't be doing a whole lot of driving. It's really a weekend car :)

2006 reg but only 63k (genuine) miles on it which was a big factor! Full leather too so I'm happy out. Just a couple of things I want to get done myself, i.e. parking sensors and a full detail. Apart from that, I'll be as happy as a pig in... :D

The main things I wanted were low mileage, no running issues, full leather and as-new condition. So I'm delighted with it!

The main things I wanted were low mileage, no running issues, full leather and as-new condition. So I'm delighted with it!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but those 2 litre engines are known to suffer from expensive-to-remedy fuel injector issues.

Just something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dandyo

Unfortunately no longer mine -- sold last year, but have extremely fond memories of this one

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but those 2 litre engines are known to suffer from expensive-to-remedy fuel injector issues.

Just something to be aware of.

Cheers for the heads up. What symptoms should I be on the look out for re: these issues?

One thing I have noticed is that it sometimes starts chugging when I accelerate immediately after going from 1st to 2nd gear. I have a 3 month bumper to bumper warranty so was going to drive it for a couple weeks first to see if it irons itself out (and also so I could rule out any issues I was having that were my own fault with adjusting to a new car). That seems to be the only thing I have a problem with so far.

Cheers for the heads up. What symptoms should I be on the look out for re: these issues?

One thing I have noticed is that it sometimes starts chugging when I accelerate immediately after going from 1st to 2nd gear. I have a 3 month bumper to bumper warranty so was going to drive it for a couple weeks first to see if it irons itself out (and also so I could rule out any issues I was having that were my own fault with adjusting to a new car). That seems to be the only thing I have a problem with so far.

That chugging is actually the main symptom but you should also get an error on the dash.

I'm not fully up on the injector failure as it hasn't happened on mine but others here have had it happen. Maybe start a new thread in the motors forum to get a wider view.

• Advertisement

dandyo wrote: »
    Unfortunately no longer mine -- sold last year, but have extremely fond memories of this one

Did you sell the pictures too :D No appearing captain :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement