Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica Mars Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Smurfpiss wrote:
    now why do you say that
    Its either gonna be wallace or weevil? probably weevil though since we've barely seen anything of him. but yeah should be duncan. he's a wooden knob.
    Yeah its not a bad way to kill her...but how exactly did he crash the bus? it defo wasn't him driving it at the start of the show...
    I reckon wallace's mom has done some very naughty things, gonna get busted and there goes keith's sheriff opportunity..

Because
    Logan has signed up for a full season,Duncan 16,Weevil only 12 and Im not sure how many Wallace is signed up for. So if it will be half way through the season,it will have to be Wallace or weevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

tvnutz wrote:
    Because
    Logan has signed up for a full season,Duncan 16,Weevil only 12 and Im not sure how many Wallace is signed up for. So if it will be half way through the season,it will have to be Wallace or weevil.
    I'm pretty sure Weevil only signed on for 12 eps last season too, which explains his criminal underuse, so he could appear for the whole season, just sparingly as per last season

I'm not sure that's even a spoiler, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

corblimey wrote:
    Hate Steve Guttenberg though[/spoiler]

How dare you say that, Guttenberg RULES!!!!!!

i have missed him dearly since his hay-day in the eighties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

daveirl wrote:

Nope. Was definitely on. Delayed its appearance this week as well. Hope that's not a sign of weaker interest in it than some of the other stuff that's new (but tripe). Like Invasion.

• Advertisement

ahh invasion is ok (just because brent spiner is in it)

yeah it was a bit late appearing all right but i did get my VM fix last night so im good to go :-)

yeah im beginning
    to see veronica as a bit of a bitch, mainly because of the way she acted towards wallaces gf at the start (seemed very unprovoked until she was with the other guy in the cafe), ok episode last night, good to see weevil being used even if it is only a small bit, but yippe mac was bak (see my mad skillz!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

madrab wrote:
    ahh invasion is ok (just because brent spiner is in it)

Nah, that's Threshold, which is shabbily written IMO, but interesting enough to keep me going for the moment. Invasion is old hat been there-done there stuff, though.

Veronica - didn't get to it yet, can't risk the spoiler!

doh.ie wrote:
    Nah, that's Threshold, which is shabbily written IMO, but interesting enough to keep me going for the moment. Invasion is old hat been there-done there stuff, though.

oh yeah, well at least there is a bit of alternative choice this year, surface, invasion, and threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Can't believe TV3 or TG4 didn't pick up season 1.

Jackie - go far, far, far away. and take you're annoying breathy little girl voice with you.

spoiler ep2.04:
    i want to know what was on Meg's files that veronica swiped! can't believe duncan just left them there with super sleuth around, but then didn't really buy Meg's sister giving them to him in the first place. I would not want my personal computer files to be given to an ex-boyfriend, thank you.

happy to see Mac - we should have more of her.

wallace's dad? i think i'll pass on all the Star Wars-ness of it, but have to say, i'd never have pegged his mother as having that kind of secret. it makes her a bit more interesting than being just keith's 'special lady friend' - *snorted laughter from my couch when he delivered that line*

big happy to see veronica get more into the PIing again, the coffee shop job was kind of boring, and so dimly lit as well. thought the box and letter she sent crazy client lady at the end was a bit of over kill. we get that she shouldn't have snooped into her potential fiance's life, but the parallels to 'veronica as snoop' were flashing neon bright. however....the mystery of the week was worth it solely for veronica's entrapment attempt.

need. more. logan. since that scene in the first (second?) ep when she bumped into him in the hotel corridor and the chemistry between the characters was stellar i've been wanting to see that one develop a bit more. more logan screen time could also go towards rectifiying the duncan charisma deficit.

the 'logan and his friends setting fire to stuff' line seems to have taken a huge backseat for a while, hasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

daveirl wrote:

very good point
    maybe she figured he'd just get out his gun and scare darth wallace away, like he did with the lodger from hell in season 1

Another good episode. I like where this season is going. Its just as good if not better than season 1 was at this stage last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Enjoyed the episode - not as much as some of the previous ones in the season. Possibly because almost every episode so far has been left on a cliffhanger but i wasn't suprised as the
    "i'm your father" revelation
    at the end.
    Loved the scenes with Veronica as the sorority girl - some real funny one-liners in there. (".. from Scotland? Like, the country?") It's been said before but Kristen Bell really is a fantastic actress - anyone else suprised she hasn't been in more movies?!

Also excellent to see Mac and Weevil back in this episode. Not to mention the return of the funny and nasty (but somewhat civil) Logan Echolls ("Gee-willikers, Veronica!") :D Loved his line last week when their teacher said something about each of you is potentially worth a million dollars. To which he replied: "i'm losing money.. heads will roll!" :D

Anyways.. roll on next week!

PS - feckin' baseball is annoying as feck! Thankfully, Veronica isn't affected by it. And at least Prison Break is back tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

basquille wrote:
    PS - feckin' baseball is annoying as feck! Thankfully, Veronica isn't affected by it. And at least Prison Break is back tomorrow.
    w00t! prison break!
    ahem. Yeah...hmm still not to sure what to make of this season.
    I actually found the firtling scene a bit painful...
    and what great friendship veronica and wallace have now! she has to buy his company. Agreed we should be seeing way more of logan. But yay, Return of The Mac (*does cool dance*)

I love this show! :D

Any doubts about this season not living up to last have gone for me anyway. Ive really enjoyed every single episode so far this season.
    anyone really really hate Jackie??? Such a bitch,what she did to Veronica,and just in general since the start she has been someone you wouldn't feel bad about slapping around the place. I really wanted Veronica to play the cd :p I don't think I've hated a character so much,except the sheriff,what an a$$hole,I hope Keith wins the election and that due ends up in the gutter.
    Ok Wallace,I know things are a bit crazy for you at the moment,but running off with the father you do not know,who is addict and just appeared out of nowhere...mmm,stupid move. I hope he is not the one leaving,that would be a bad decision.

We also got a voicemail from the crash...an explosion eh? Of course the stupid sheriff won't do anything about it.

Also what was with the psychic mentioning lily. Jackie said she didn't mention that. You should have stayed away from my boyfriend...Logan? why? More interesting stuff :D
    Also what was the point in adding the Casablancas brothers to the opening credits if they aren't even going to use them? What have they been in so far? 2 out of 5 eps? Also no Weevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quick follow up here.. after Joss Whedon declaring his love for Veronica Mars and then keeping quite quiet about it.

He will feature in the November 9th episode - read article and see photo here

Right oh. might as well ressurect this thread.
    Finally I think the series is picking up a pace.
    best episode so far...great lines (especially liked the conversation about Dick Casablancas)
    the plot is really starting to go somewhere..
    The return of Aaronn is excellent... the idea that he may actually be innocent adds a bit of twist to it all.
    Good to see logan in a decent bit of the show, sarky and funny as ever, and the tension between him and weevil is nice :D
    Also like the amelia story, wondering if thats going to go anywhere?
    and sure finally the bus crash... whats with the dead rat, why is it strapped to the underside of the chair? who puts a bomb in a rat?

EDIT: oh and i completely missed that that was josh whedon. good cameo, very geeky :D

Ye its really getting going :D
    I really don't think Aaron is innocent! I think he is just full of sh!t to try convince Logan. That storyline was closed last season and it was very well done,it would be cheap and just stupid to reopen that story,especially since there are several new stories this year. Anyway,as Logan said,if he was innocent,why did he try burn Veronica to ashes!

The rat was interesting...is Aaron not responsible,or is he? A rat doesn't genereally refer to a witness in a murder case,it has more to do with gangs and the mob etc. Wasn't there a member of Weevil's gang on the bus? Was he a rat?

Pity Keith didn't win sheriff,I hate Lamb,he is such a tool,not to mention dirty.Logan was as funny as ever,good to see Weevil back,didn't miss that annoying new girl either,although it did feel a bit strange without Wallace,him and Veronica make a nice little team.

Nice little cameo from Joss Whedon.

Roll on next week

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

About four weeks ago, I had never seen an episode. Now I can join you guys in discussing the latest :)
    I wonder if the rat was placed under a particular seat at all? Admittedly they couldn't know who'd sit in a particular place but it might be an element. And who "ratted" on whom? I honestly believe the Aaron Echolls/Lily case has the guilty party and anything else is just Aaron BSing.

Oh Logan, how I love thee. His constant little barby wits are great - give that actor some recognition now please. I wonder how easily he's going to get out of this mess - I, of course, know he's innocent but what sort of life will he be dragged through first? I assume the witness saw Logan after he had found the knife after being unconscious and stood over the body. I'll have to wait till we find out who else had motive for the killing.

Any know if the actor playing Wallace had some other work to do and that's why he was, somewhat quickly, written out of the show? Or is it just a week or two? Actually don't tell me if you know something too spoilery...

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    Any know if the actor playing Wallace had some other work to do and that's why he was, somewhat quickly, written out of the show? Or is it just a week or two? Actually don't tell me if you know something too spoilery...

As far as I know her will be back,for long or not,I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Yea very good episode, one of the best this year. It took me ages to actually cop on that that was a rat under the seat. I wonder who was sitting there

Took me even longer to recognise the guy in the car rental place, considering how often he's been mentioned in relation to this show.

So now the big question:
    is duncan a cheating bastard or is he a cheating bastard? that polo necks says it all....
    whats the bets veronica gets a bit of logan action before the season is over?
    anyway, yeah i liked that episode. shows how weird rich american parents can be...
    Also like how they painted sheriff lambe in a more positive light. Makes him more human and less of a jerk.

Ye i'm loving this season,it has been great so far...still hate the sheriff though :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I don't think that Duncan slept with Kendall. What she said to him was a long winded way of saying 'if you scratch my back I'll scratch yours.' I do think he is now paying her to do something for him, but I'm not sure what. Perhaps it has to do with Meg, I kind of doubt that Duncan was the bf that caused Meg to nearly lose her babysitting job. And Duncan was snooping in her emails and sneaking the envelope from her vent for a reason.

I have a theory, and if I'm right it's a spoiler but it is pure speculation on my part. No actual spoilers in here, but I thought I'd spoiler it if people didn't want to read it.
    Anyone suspect Meg might be pregnant? It would explain her parents level of hatred for Duncan. They don't seem the type to be terribly upset with someone for breaking up with their daughter. It would also explain why Duncan visited her everyday and why she hated Veronica so much.
    Although I would not be surprised if it was not Duncan's child. And if Duncan suspects this and that is why he is investigating Meg. For obvious reasons he doesn't want to tell Veronica and has for some reason hired Kendall to get close to his suspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tml

does anyone know when the 2nd series will be aired over here??? i just watched the whole 1st series over the weekend and i LOVED it and cant wait to see the 2nd series...........

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

SHOUT OUT TO ME!!!
    This week was a total shout out by the writers of Veronica Mars to me! Two unrelated storylines - one about being Irish and one about being gay? It's me!!! Through and through!!! Best episode yet :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

ixoy wrote:
    SHOUT OUT TO ME!!!
    This week was a total shout out by the writers of Veronica Mars to me! Two unrelated storylines - one about being Irish and one about being gay? It's me!!! Through and through!!! Best episode yet :D

Remind me to completely avoid you if you identify to much with the characters of this weeks show. The last thing I want is a
    violently applied, unsolicited facial tattoo.
    And to think I used to have a crush on Rod Rowland 9 years ago, chigs are mean!

• Advertisement

Line (plus delivery) of the season so far for me:
    Logan: "I've got 911 on the line here, can anyone give me the address? [Into phone] Yeah, I'm wearing an ankle monitor, does that help?"

Class.

Advertisement