Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veronica Mars Season 2

Options
  • 30-09-2005 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

im kinda disappointed by it. there were too many twists in one episode, and all the acting seems a little hollow this time around.
    the break up with logan seemed like a stupid plot device... just so they could mess with our heads. she's with logan, what she's with who now?? (is it just me or is this girl a bit of a bitch? she breaks guys hearts on a constant basis!) I am not convinced that logan could get away with "murder" so easily. and the whole bus crash... a bit over the top.
    anyway i hope it gets better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I kindof agree with Smurfpiss (classy name, btw :D)
    Veronica is the only character we can like unconditionally (she hawt!) and she's becoming more and more of a user, with the end result that I just plain don't like her that much any more, and as I've always found Duncan a waste of screen real estate and Logan barely bearable, I can't say I care much for the seemingly random man-hopping for shock value. It was always going to be a major struggle to make this second series worthwhile, and so far there's no evidence it won't be a steaming pile of cack bt the time it gets axed in the New Year.
    But I could be totally wrong and it might get really interesting once I get beyond the serious reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Who says it is going to get axed in the New Year??? Up 16% from last year,it was the highest ep of VM yet and its up against Lost.

And to be honest,I really don't get why you care who she is with,that is probbaly the saddest part of a show,oh will clark get with lana,oh will grissom get with sara,oh who will veronica get with. *yawn*

Great episode,great twist at the end,seriously hot Charisma Carpenter :D and 2 mysteries for the year. Its looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

It doesn't matter if it is drawn out when the relationships in most shows are not interesting. Shows always do these love triangle things and they are always drawn out,but thats not what i care about in the show,there is a lot more to that show,so my point is,no matter what happens between her and Logan,or Duncan or anyone,I really don't care.

• Advertisement

not really,no,I cared if Keith was her father,but Duncan,meh,also he is the worst character on the show and can't really act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Whats Veronica Mars about? I've never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Whats Veronica Mars about? I've never heard of it.

Veronica Mars is a 17 year old school girl whosw father is a P.I. The first series is about her investigating the murder of her best friend who was also the sister of her boyfiend.

For the broadband challenged, Series 1 is starting on Living TV on Monday at 6pm and is on every weekday so it will be finished in a month.

I would highly recommend it as being the second best new US series last year after Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Really surprised season 1 hasn't been shown here yet, was it picked up by any channel does anyone know? Sky to busy showing SG1 repeats?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Oh, I didn't realise. Never really watch anything on Living so wouldn't have seen it advertised to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 grrnnw

I haven't seen any Season 2 episodes yet, but a friend of mine tells me he's really enjoying the new episodes..

The publicity the show recently got when Josh Whedon recently mentioned he liked the show can only help as well. There's talk of him making a cameo appearance I believe! I wonder how many more will drop by from the Buffy Universe???? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone managed to see episode two yet? I'm still waiting for the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

it was delayed in most places because of a football/hocket/baseball game or something. It was aired tho, so I'm sure there is a copy out there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, according to my cousins, the second ep was pre-empted by baseball, I think, but it airs this Saturday, so should be available after that. Apparently, someone else's cousins have it, but it's not HDTV, so it wouldn't be the best.

apparently its being rebroadcasted tomorrow so... i guess you'll see it sunday.
    anyway i went ahead and watched it.
    Once again great use of music... pixies, something happens... ahhh im in heaven.
    ok lots of stuff in the series i just dont care about.
    logan and charisma carpenter..(cant remember character's name) having sex just disturbs me. anybody else share that?
    could not give a toss that veronica slept with duncan. hardly a big deal now is it? the twist at the end was nice though...why did he write her name on his hand?
    and why oh why is steve guttenberg in this? why??? kevin smith was pretty cool though.
    bad tv quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Careful Dave.. you ended a spoiler tag with a quote tag so your spoiler text is displayed!

I enjoyed episode 2.. not as good as episode 1 but nothing like a bit of music from The Pixies to end the episode! :D

• Advertisement

Good episode

Was that
    the bus driver who had Veronica's name on his hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote:
    Was that
    the bus driver who had Veronica's name on his hand?
    Nope, it wasn't!
    That confused me a little on first watch as it wasn't made clear who the victim was at the end of the episode. But on the second watch.. remember the guy who she helped light a candle at the bus crash vigil just after the title sequence - it was him as i recognised the shirt!

See attached for proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Well spotted on shirt guy, Basquille.
    I assumed bus driver too, except that in the back of my mind, I had, "Er, why wasn't his body already found by now? Surely he didn't wash out to sea and THEN back in again?!"

Didn't enjoy 2x02 as much as the first, but I still think the mystery is compelling and has the potential to stretch nicely over the season. New girl Jackie is a right biatch though! Hated all her scenes. Rob Thomas is obviously responding to fan criticism to give Wallace more to do, so he gets his own little mystery to solve.

But something about him, this Jackie girl and the other characters' behaviour in this ep (and to an extent in the last), has made the show very different from what it was in season one. Maybe it'll settle down in a few more episodes.

Granted, there's no point in a show *not* developing and having its characters grow and change, but the amount of change between seasons one and two (not least the "I'm with Logan; no wait, I'm with Duncan now") is probably a fair bit for an audience to take.

Loved the ep 1 final scene, and how
    Lilly's ghost turned up to "save" Veronica from getting on the bus. Loved the "Ashes" song over that final minute too - very nicely shot, best scene of the episode.

As for Meg,
    I'm glad she survived. Always thought she looked well fit. Figure we've got a season of coma-time, before she awakens and gives a few more clues to help explain what happened. Have to credit the writers for the bus crash idea - really clever to come up with an interesting new mystery which didn't tie (on the surface anyway) heavily to Veronica in the way Lilly's murder did.

Thanks Basquille...it was rather confusing,maybe they will make it clearer who he was in the next episode.

Finally watched ep 2 last night. Thought the teaser was very poor, Kristin Bell seemed like she was just phoning it in, but the rest of it was pretty good. I too had no idea who that guy was, tks Basquille. Nice little b-plot for Wallace, and Logan's
    gun-play plus his no doubt impending outing as a MILF hunter
    makes for an interesting sub-plot across the season, I assume much like Veronica's rape last season.

Hate Steve Guttenberg though, let's hope he
    gets knocked down by a van with Rob Thomas' name on it by season end :D

Did I miss something or was Veronica's jump to
    her belief that the bus crash was "meant" for her a little broad?
    Good ep, although the mystery of the week was a little lost in the middle there.
    Loved Beaver's face as he realised he'd just screwed his dad royally

Very good episode. I'm loving this season already.
    No,I don't think her assumption is too broad. She is the major witness against Aaron in the (I presume) upcoming trial,the stunt guy worked with Aaron on a movie about a bus or truck going off a cliff,and the stunt guy owed Aaron for giving him his break. His job would have given him the ability to cause the bus crash because he presumed Veronica was on it. Why not just have her shot or something? Well,obviously,it would work a lot better of she died in what looked like an accident. I am also assuming that since he failed and Veronica survived,Aaron had him killed so nothing could be traced back to him.

Also some interesting stuff involving
    Wallace's mam,with the cop and name change etc. I just hope that doesn't mean Wallace will eventually have to leave the show,apparantly a male character will leave after 12 eps,I wish it was Duncan,but it will either be Wallace or weevil,both good characters.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote:
    apparantly a male character will leave after 12 eps,I wish it was Duncan,but it will either be Wallace or weevil,both good characters.

now why do you say that
    Its either gonna be wallace or weevil? probably weevil though since we've barely seen anything of him. but yeah should be duncan. he's a wooden knob.
    Yeah its not a bad way to kill her...but how exactly did he crash the bus? it defo wasn't him driving it at the start of the show...
    I reckon wallace's mom has done some very naughty things, gonna get busted and there goes keith's sheriff opportunity..

Advertisement