Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike insurance - tell us your quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Bike Honda pcx 150 cc (one year old ) ,me 61 years old .
    Insurance ;Government compulsory 3 rd party only .Cost Euro 12 per year
    (Thai baht 500 )
    N.B,I live in Thailand ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

07 bmw R1200gs. Valued at 8k. I'm 29, 6 years ncb, aon grade 2, garda bikesafe, RoSPA gold. Fully comp this year was €238 with aderlade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

04 Deauville NT650, Value 3k. I'm 35, Liberty grade 2, provisional since the summer and only named on current bike so no NCB. Fully comp 482 from liberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Should also mention that the liberty grade 2 paid for itself, >200 quid (30%) off the premium. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Insurance is coming up next month so i got in my renewal from adelaide the other day. Last year was 550e TPFT with full clean license. The renewal is 680e (including no claims bonus discount) :confused: by the time i renew ill be 27. Found this strange, i didnt claim, crash etc. I was expecting it to come down; fully comp in my car is less than that. Going to ring around in the new year but was just wondering if they do this on the sly in the hope you'll go with it anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

43, africa twin, 2yrs ncb €230 TPFT with adelaide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Insurance is coming up next month so i got in my renewal from adelaide the other day. Last year was 550e TPFT with full clean license. The renewal is 680e (including no claims bonus discount) :confused: by the time i renew ill be 27. Found this strange, i didnt claim, crash etc. I was expecting it to come down; fully comp in my car is less than that. Going to ring around in the new year but was just wondering if they do this on the sly in the hope you'll go with it anyway?

CN did the same to me last year, put it up, so I rang around and in the end CN matched all prices and offered more

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Adelaide giving some good value. I'm fully comp with them, €375 on a Ducati Hypermotard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Cienciano wrote: »
    Adelaide giving some good value. I'm fully comp with them, €375 on a Ducati Hypermotard.
    €320 fully comp on 2009 VMax :cool:

qQaNKOK.jpg

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    €320 fully comp on 2009 VMax :cool:

qQaNKOK.jpg
    Amazing bike. I want one

• Advertisement

Amazing bike. I want one
    Bought it with 15,000km on it from a guy in Slovenia for...€12K :eek:

He was looking for a very reasonable €15K for it, I threw a ziploc bag with €12K in new €50 notes on the table & he reconsidered his price instantly :D

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Bought it with 15,000km on it from a guy in Slovenia for...€12K :eek:

He was looking for a very reasonable €15K for it, I threw a ziploc bag with €12K in new €50 notes on the table & he reconsidered his price instantly :D

Not bad. I thought I'd have to win the lotto to get one. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more pics. Pics thread is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055639627
    What sort of exhaust is that? Is it derestricted? Saw one around the Long Mile Road area a couple of times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anybody else receive an email from Adelaide for a new policy documentation?

I didn't notice anything different on mine

Anybody else receive an email from Adelaide for a new policy documentation?

I didn't notice anything different on mine
    Yeah just received mine now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got mine!
    It just says an error in the original where no access was mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

blade1 wrote: »
    Got mine!
    It just says an error in the original where no access was mentioned!

Same as!

Lads, mine says excluding travel to and from place of business.
    Does that mean commuting to work or does it mean, if I have a business, I'm not covered to and from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

blade1 wrote: »
    Lads, mine says excluding travel to and from place of business.
    Does that mean commuting to work or does it mean, if I have a business, I'm not covered to and from that?

It means commuting to where you work. I had a thread up about this a few months back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89973679

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

goodlad wrote: »
    It means commuting to where you work. I had a thread up about this a few months back.

Yep your not covered to commute to and from work. I doubled checked mine when goodlad spotted it and I am covered. I did tell the chap on the phone at the time that I wanted it

goodlad wrote: »

Ah right! Cheers for that goodlad!
    I don't commute but I would still like to drive my bike where and when I want.

Might tell them I want it added in,no extra charge, or get stuffed!
    They get more than enough off me in Administration fees or mid term adjustment fees for the milage I put up in a year these days!

• Advertisement

Mine has gone down. €320 with adelaide fully comp on a 1100 Hypermotard which will be parked in Dublin 12! Happy with that. Carol Nash offered €4 cheaper!

27y/ 1y NCB/ 600 bandit/ TPFT
    Adelaide quoted me 520 for my renewal (no breakdown/legal), down 50ish quid from last year :/
    Carol Nash quoted 420 with breakdown/legal and 150 excess (100 lower than Ad), also 50e rebate after 3 months so in essence 370.
    Obviously went with Nash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Lowest ever quote this year. Initially 480 with Adelaide but dropped to 383 after I didn't reply! Fully comp with breakdown on one bike for the KTM 990SMR and 09 R1. 34 with a Dublin address

batman_oh wrote: »
    Lowest ever quote this year. Initially 480 with Adelaide but dropped to 383 after I didn't reply! Fully comp with breakdown on one bike for the KTM 990SMR and 09 R1. 34 with a Dublin address
    For the 2 bikes? Not bad at all. The benefits of getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What's the best company to go with 34 yr old only past IBT for a category? What am I looking for let's say a v strom 650??

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

jo06555 wrote: »
    What's the best company to go with 34 yr old only past IBT for a category? What am I looking for let's say a v strom 650??

Axa were the cheapest for me last year post IBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

€650 for 26, provisional A license with 0 NCB on a bandit gsf 600 sound right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭batman_oh

For the 2 bikes? Not bad at all. The benefits of getting old

Yeah for both but only breakdown on the one. Seems about as good as it will ever get!

Taylor365 wrote: »
    €650 for 26, provisional A license with 0 NCB on a bandit gsf 600 sound right?

Identical situation as you last year and i got it for a hundred less (Adelaide and liberty). Insurance companies are fickle though. Ring them all.

Edit: Soz only saw the provisional afterwards. I paid about 580/600 on my provisional. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Wildkid

From your experiences guys roughly how much to insure a harley softail 1500 Etc for a first time rider ? 29 years old ,country address ,doing my theory Monday and IBT the following week .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement