Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Serious thread (SERIOUSLY)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hiddenuser wrote: »
    I am a long stand member of boards.

Im concerned that the amenity a person enjoys on boards is becoming eroded. While I accept the poster must be aware of what he/she posts becomes public knowlege I think boards could protect aminity better. For example with adverts.ie members would often meet up to exchange goods the aminity between these two people is now far less. The search function allows all previous posts to be read and reviewed at will no matter how far back they go. Over time a profile can easily be built up of anyone secerts, interests, personnel issues, items bought, type of job etc... The poster never intended to have there amenity reduced.

I suggest the issue should be debated and options such as restricting the search for user name be considered. Amenity is something posters take for granted if someone like your partner, boss, family figured out your user name and read all your previous posts would you be happy??? I would also like the moderators to examine if there is a trend of current users setting up new accounts to post. I know that personnel issues allows anonymous posting but Ive found setting up a new account was the only way.

Amenity? Aminity? What the fuxor are you babbling about? GET OFF THE INTERNET!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Im new to The Cuckoo's Nest. How come my posts don't go up when i post here? That is all..

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Amp spilled coffee on the post-counter widget. It only displayed prime numbers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

HAI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No serious thread is serious enough without Serious Cat:

serious-cat.jpg

SRSLY.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Im seriously pissed off...

SERIOUSLY

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Im seriously pissed off...

SERIOUSLY
    That is serious!:eek:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

I know!! :eek:

Seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I know!! :eek:

Seriously...

Do go on. I'm listening.

040206_frasierCrane_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Who's OLDYELLAR????? Seriously:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭HHH

Old Yeller (1957) is a Walt Disney Productions feature film starring Tommy Kirk, Jeff York and Beverly Washburn about a boy and a stray dog in post-Civil War Texas, based upon the 1956 Newbery Honor-winning book Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. The screenplay was written by Gipson and William Tunberg and the film directed by Robert Stevenson. The success of Old Yeller led to a sequel also based on a Gipson book, Savage Sam.

Seriously Serious

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

seriously wired... seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

My dog is seriously growling at something in my garden. I think it might be a burglar:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭HHH

Its seriously probably his tail!
    Serious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement