Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Serious thread (SERIOUSLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

amp wrote:
    a launch platform for flamewars with other bulliten boards.

Now there's a thought.

Who wants to take the idea to the 'Forums' Forum?....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

FYI, posts by Tallesin will be deleted on sight in the future. So if your going to reply to one of his posts bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

amp, I don't want to anger you, but sometimes you have banned people in a whimsical/ jokey way. Why with the thunder and lightning because Talliesin did it?

koneko approved, and while she is not the mod any more, she embodies the spirit, and essence of the nest. He would only have banned trish for a little while, for humorous reasons.

I implore you, reconsider? Please?

Shabadu wrote:
    amp, I don't want to anger you, but sometimes you have banned people in a whimsical/ jokey way. Why with the thunder and lightning because Talliesin did it?

Anybody I've ever banned from this forum broke the rules. Sometimes those rules were whimsical/jokey but it was the users choice to break those rules.
    koneko approved, and while she is not the mod any more, she embodies the spirit, and essence of the nest.

I respect Koneko's opinion. In this case though I think she's wrong.
    He would only have banned trish for a little while, for humorous reasons.

Did you find it funny when I banned you? Did you chortle and think to yourself that it was great? No. And you knew you were breaking the rules before you posted. Did Trishw78? No. Completely different. I find it remarkable that you are painting me as the bad guy here. Why aren't you appealing to Talliesin to stop banning people for the purposes of humour? He's banned me from Prison, has edited the words of my posts, obviously has no respect for me as a mod and is now threatening to ban me from Boards.ie sitewide. But I'm the bad guy right? :rolleyes:
    I implore you, reconsider? Please?

There are two things that will make me reconsider:

1. Talliesin gives me re-assurances that he will not ban anyone from TCN without solid grounds and that he will abide by the rules like everybody else.

2. The Admins tell me otherwise.

Having thought about this, and given Talliesin's implied threat to ban me from boards, I am suspending my deletion of his posts until the matter is resolved:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304252

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

amp wrote:
    1. Talliesin gives me re-assurances that he will not ban anyone from TCN without solid grounds and that he will abide by the rules like everybody else.
    I maintain that my grounds were reasonable enough for the length of the ban (which was to last no more than a couple of hours) and the nature of the forum (I have similarly banned people on spurious grounds from the Moderators and Dr. Demento forums and would do so from LUBNiP but not elsewhere. I also site-banned someone because she said she had hot fantasies about being banned by an angry moderator for being a naughty girl, which was a bit strange even by my standards). It was technically within the rules (trading outside of FS forums is a site-wide offense) and it was amusing.

However if it really makes you feel happier I would indeed agree to not ban anyone that I wouldn't site ban, or unless you've indicated in the Moderators forum that you will be offline for a while.

• Advertisement

Grand so amp, thank you for clearing that up. I did actually find it funny when you banned me, though. I thought you got that in the pm I sent you at the time?

Anywhoo. :)

Even trishw78 didn't seem to mind too much:
    trishw78 wrote:
    Talliesin wrote:
    Nefarious non-FS seller. Banned. Banned I say.

For, eh, a while.

thank you for the slap on the wrists :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Talliesin banned me similarily,thought it was funny.Nothing to get worked up over.It' not like he rampagd around banning people.More like the rare joke that he and everybody like to play.

Talliesin wrote:
    I maintain that my grounds were reasonable enough for the length of the ban (which was to last no more than a couple of hours) and the nature of the forum (I have similarly banned people on spurious grounds from the Moderators and Dr. Demento forums and would do so from LUBNiP but not elsewhere. I also site-banned someone because she said she had hot fantasies about being banned by an angry moderator for being a naughty girl, which was a bit strange even by my standards). It was technically within the rules (trading outside of FS forums is a site-wide offense) and it was amusing.

Well in my opinion that's abusing your position. I once banned flogen from forums I control because I thought it was funny, and I ended up with my first sitewide ban from ecksor. What I learned from that is that I'm not here to moderate for my own amusement but to try and make boards an enjoyable place to visit.
    However if it really makes you feel happier I would indeed agree to not ban anyone that I wouldn't site ban, or unless you've indicated in the Moderators forum that you will be offline for a while.

That's all I want. I will not delete further posts by you. I am in the process of restoring your posts. I would appreciate being let back in to prison.

The important thing is that lots of other people seem to have found our feud funny.

We have entertained. They laughed, they cried, they cheered.

Now, back to innuendo so blatant it barely deserves the name in the Orifice.

• Advertisement

Also amp should now be able to post in prison, which I'm sure we're all happier about, though strictly letting him do so is an abuse of my SMod powers.

I was originally allowed post to the Prison forum by another Smod in order to "add spice". I suspose this gets more people to read Prison and be more aware of what happens when you get banned and therefore helps cut down the extreme muppet ratio.

I wonder what banning people for fun does for boards.

Jaysus amp, you're a bit hard to see all the way up there on that horse.

amp "abuses" mod powers - Shabadu complains.
    Talliesin abuses Smod powers - Shabadu complains about amp.

Can't really win with you can I? :)

NEIN!

Ich bin der Fuhrer Totallisteinin der Wienerville.

My germanian sucks. :/

This is a serious thread Ms Dictator of Sausage Town. Please keep it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Right you are ted! Right you are...other serious notes...
    Can you link me to that image shack again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Spank you muchly.

amp wrote:
    amp "abuses" mod powers - Shabadu complains.
    Talliesin abuses Smod powers - Shabadu complains about amp.

Can't really win with you can I? :)
    It's because I put out.

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote:
    It's because I put out.

Well, I never said you weren't sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm wondering if I'll get banned if I post in the "extreme stupidity filter" thread.

Why would you do that? You're not extremely stupid.

Kinda seems like fun, like extreme sports like hang gliding or bungee jumping.

To be a true comparison it would be: jump out of plane, hit ground. I could ban you at a random time which would be even more exciting because of the anticipational build-up but I won't. I'm still trying to occupy the high moral ground, a mod of the people.

Maybe I'll get DeV to make me a mod again and you won't be able to ban me. Haha! Foiled!

Interesting, what else can you get Dev to do?

If it's that easy I could ban you now and see if you escape from it Houdini style.

You wouldn't dare!

Then neither should you ;)

• Advertisement

You're a meanie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement