Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Honest opinions lads for the Weekender,
    Saturday or Sunday night, which would you prefer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

http://soundcloud.com/joe-mangan/mixed-bag

any1 know tunes from 23 minutes up untill the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »

If I were going to either it would be the Saturday night gig for me, not too ar$ed about the 'headliners' either night but liking the Asylum DJ line up for Saturdays session .......... and then of course the Sunday trying to recupperate (I'm an old fart ya know!! lol )

but if I had the money ,then both nights & the Sunday lunch session ......... the free soup sells it for me :rolleyes:

I'm sure either night will be good but my preference would be the Saturday!

actually,no, if i'm completely honest, my preference would be just a Saturday night (or a Friday) with some (if not all) of the Asylum DJ's doing a set , no soup & sandwiches, no big name headliner, no boll.oxology ..................y'know, like back in the good aul days ;)

That big one that Johnny68 posted up for next May is more appealing! savage line up!

EarlERizer wrote: »
    If I were going to either it would be the Saturday night gig for me, not too ar$ed about the 'headliners' either night but liking the Asylum DJ line up for Saturdays session .......... and then of course the Sunday trying to recupperate (I'm an old fart ya know!! lol )

but if I had the money ,then both nights & the Sunday lunch session ......... the free soup sells it for me :rolleyes:

actually,no, if i'm completely honest, my preference would be just a Saturday night (or a Friday) with some (if not all) of the Asylum DJ's doing a set , no soup & sandwiches, no big name headliner, no boll.oxology ..................y'know, like back in the good aul days ;)

That big one that Johnny68 posted up for next May is more appealing! savage line up!

:D:D:D

for me it would have to be all or nothing lol, i do everything to excess, its a bad habit, but sure ya only live once :p but the prices are too much for me little ol' pocket to deal with, so its neither for me :(

i'm defo gonna have to hit a big rave in the uk before i'm 30, its my new missin now lol, defo defo defo defo DEFO!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Yeah ill be giving the "brand asylum" weekend a miss, it's a rip off despite the great line up, probably the next big thing for me and possibly my raving swansong will be the Retro Trax festival next May, that and the Stone Roses comeback gigs next year i cannot wait for:)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Yeah ill be giving the "brand asylum" weekend a miss, it's a rip off despite the great line up, probably the next big thing for me and possibly my raving swansong will be the Retro Trax festival next May, that and the Stone Roses comeback gigs next year i cannot wait for:)

Grinning like a chesire cat allday since hearing about the reunion! :D:D:D

King Monkey is back!!! Ian Brown is a fookin LEG END!
    Never thought it would happen tbh,fair balls to them for pulling it off!! This I'm not missing for love nor money ........ anyone got an old pair of 24" flares going a begging? lol

Floydd,Roses,Mondays and the rest of the 'Madchester' massive where my compulsory Sunday listening material lay in bed recovering after getting home around 11am from the loonybin :cool:

"I don't need.....to sell my soul....he's already in me"

yeah, it only took £50M to get em back together what lol :D:D:D

in fairness tho, they were royally screwed 1st time round, lets hope they've signed better contracts this time :p;) great band tho, love em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »

Sunday for me. Both nights are great but can't miss Hardfloor's Acid-techno blitz, and MK's Olympic set should be fun:pac:
    Plus most of my mates from finglas are heading in on the Sunday night so there's going to be plenty of proper old school buzzers :pac: should be a laugh.
    I have to many responsibilities to go both night plus i don't think I'll be able for the two night.

es-cee wrote: »
    yeah, it only took £50M to get em back together what lol :D:D:D

in fairness tho, they were royally screwed 1st time round, lets hope they've signed better contracts this time :p;) great band tho, love em.

interesting reunion! and the fact there writing new material :)

Hey Sean, check out Ben sims new album "Smoke and Mirrors"

F@%KIN' POWERFUL STUFF!!! : )

• Advertisement

interesting reunion! and the fact there writing new material :)

Hey Sean, check out Ben sims new album "Smoke and Mirrors"

F@%KIN' POWERFUL STUFF!!! : )

will do paddy, wanna try get into more techno, like tryin to keep up with everything these days as opposed to just listenin to oldskool. bad mistake i made back in the mid 00's after the temple shut its doors just focusin on past music, left me totally out of the loop when i decided to get back into newer stuff a coupla years back.

just watched this now, he;s talkin about his new album, seems a down to earth kinda guy too, which is refreshing considering the amount of primadonnas in the scene today on the trance end.

good vid - i like when he says there was a guy playing Born Slippy @ 147 bpm
    just before he went on lol wtf are you suppose to do with that? :)

good vid - i like when he says there was a guy playing Born Slippy @ 147 bpm
    just before he went on lol wtf are you suppose to do with that? :)

hate born slippy, one of the most rinsed out tunes of the 90's!!!!

grabbed his album there, gonna give it a listen over now :)

296506_10150348639642550_752312549_8373721_838642145_n.jpg

incidentally, what does KJ stand for exactly, is it Kill Joy? :D

:D I've never procliamed to be a DJ and I never will, but I'm a purist in terms of waht I perceive a DJ to be, like I've said manys a time,the clue is in the name! D.J. hence my coining of the term K.J.

remember this one?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGrqqmBbHEUYIZZzxgzZUeOXbQh20VPNLJYMa0FQV1vT2VyiWZ

or ....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMMg7UpdPECxGCmXC2PQYM0UgV216gx_kw4ewTS3gx0h4uaMaaRA

and ....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRgswgiESks5ML3BHymImfrncEr_JWwgabNG4QyTZpGsBYEoDZ_w

and this one cracks me up everytime.....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlvtcX8oh56OjCwibDUBDURBo7MXi5CZXfGVhf7oo5Lqx-VO1H4g

As predicted in 92' :D

p.s.
    I suppose it's akin to likening Howard Jones to Mozart, yeah Jones could replicate the sound Mozza made but that dont make him a pianist does it!

incidentally, what does KJ stand for exactly, is it Kill Joy? :D

lol good one, yeah that & .......... Knob Jockey! ........ coined after watching that gimp on YT with his big flashy lights display twiddling knobs,pressing knobs and calling himself a DJ (fooked if i can remember the video title but think i posted it up here before)

then there was that mime artist 'DJ' Windolene , remember him? big hugh flatcreen lcd display of 'decks' .......the only equipment he brings to gigs is a bottle of cleaner & a shammy :rolleyes:

What are those big round black things he keeps taking off on putting on? where's his laptop :confused:

• Advertisement

Little known / forgotten gem from 92'

"Rewind" :cool:

lol good one, yeah that & .......... Knob Jockey! ........ coined after watching that gimp on YT with his big flashy lights display twiddling knobs,pressing knobs and calling himself a DJ (fooked if i can remember the video title but think i posted it up here before)

then there was that mime artist 'DJ' Windolene , remember him? big hugh flatcreen lcd display of 'decks' .......the only equipment he brings to gigs is a bottle of cleaner & a shammy :rolleyes:

What are those big round black things he keeps taking off on putting on? where's his laptop :confused:

hahahahaha :D:D:D

and don't forget that other fool steve angelo, who blatantly mimed his way thru one of the biggest events in a djs calendar, dance valley.

or my particular scooter - move your ass remix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

wanna try get into more techno, like tryin to keep up with everything these days as opposed to just listenin to oldskool

Get yourself along to the Village on the 18th November so. Planetary Assaults Systems playing live. Luke Slater has few equals when it comes to techno. He blew the roof off the Twisted Pepper in July. Advance tickets a snip at 10 euro. Puts Brand Asylum to shame with their 30 euro plus booking fee crap (yes I know I'm a w@nker for moaning cos I'm still going to Hardfloor on the Sunday. I'll never forgive meself if I don't)

hahahahaha :D:D:D

and don't forget that other fool steve angelo, who blatantly mimed his way thru one of the biggest events in a djs calendar, dance valley.

or my particular scooter - move your ass remix :D

What is a KJ doing at a DJ event? :confused: , "Hey look guys,no hands"...a fookin ostrich could play that set, he spent most of the time puffing a smoke and waving to the crowd! was that the gig that afterwards he had to release a statment about how 'superstar' DJ's sometimes make prerecordings of their sets incase of any *technical issues or some shyte like that? ......

note: *Technical Issue - I'm actually shyte and dont want the crowd to know!

will do paddy, wanna try get into more techno, like tryin to keep up with everything these days as opposed to just listenin to oldskool. bad mistake i made back in the mid 00's after the temple shut its doors just focusin on past music, left me totally out of the loop when i decided to get back into newer stuff a coupla years back.

TECHNO :eek: ............what have they done to you? :(...... tech NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO THERES NO LIMITS :pac::pac::pac:

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Get yourself along to the Village on the 18th November so. Planetary Assaults Systems playing live. Luke Slater has few equals when it comes to techno. He blew the roof off the Twisted Pepper in July. Advance tickets a snip at 10 euro. Puts Brand Asylum to shame with their 30 euro plus booking fee crap (yes I know I'm a w@nker for moaning cos I'm still going to Hardfloor on the Sunday. I'll never forgive meself if I don't)

sounds like a plan mate, thanks for the heads up ;)

What is a KJ doing at a DJ event? :confused: , "Hey look guys,no hands"...a fookin ostrich could play that set, he spent most of the time puffing a smoke and waving to the crowd! was that the gig that afterwards he had to release a statment about how 'superstar' DJ's sometimes make prerecordings of their sets incase of any *technical issues or some shyte like that? ......

note: *Technical Issue - I'm actually shyte and dont want the crowd to know!

look every1, i can mix with no headphones on huhuhuhuhu :p

another primadonna who doesn't need phones for his seemless mixin is good auld david guetta, check this masterful mix out

he even has the time to show every1 he can do it with no hands too by showing off before the mix lol.

oh and it only cost the promoters roughly about 80K to have him play lol, money well spent pmsl!!!

TECHNO :eek: ............what have they done to you? :(...... tech NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO THERES NO LIMITS :pac::pac::pac:

ya know me man, once it ain't commercial i'll give it a bash ;)
    besides, that 6 deck mix paddy posted of sims and another
    dude on 6 decks was brilliant, top top stuff!!!!!!

ah sure why not, it deserves a repost!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

i'm with ya on this Earl:)
    any one going to the shaft gig? even though i was never let into the place:( mignt give it a bash. I think its only a 10er in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement