Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

crackin mix here from a mate of mine from the uk, top notch stuff man, loads unreleased gems in here too, fully tracklisted ;)

http://soundcloud.com/djsk3tchy/sk3tchy

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Jaysus dont know if it was already posted up but I was reading, cant find the link again, that there is a Jukebox set in the Vaults on Sunday afternoon and Irish Stew will be available, Im sure to nurture those poor chemical bellies, mad this I've heard it all now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

EarlERizer wrote: »
    ASYLUM HALLOWEEN WEEKENDER

On Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th October Asylum's new home in the awesome club that is The Vaults shall be transformed into a spooky weekend festival of some of the finest DJ talent in the world and some of the biggest legendary acts in electronic music...all backed up by the cream of Ireland's DJ talent.

Here's how it all unfolds....

SATURDAY 29th OCTOBER

OLIVER LIEB
    Direct from Germany the trance & techno legend behind so many massive Asylum and worldwide anthems makes a very rare Irish appearance. Oliver also goes under the alias of L.S.G, Ecano, Paragliders,S.O.L, Ambush, Spicelab, Mirage…and many many more. This classic’s set from Oliver is not to be missed.

BLUE AMAZON ***Irish Exclusive Appearance For Asylum*****
    From London, A true pioneer of the progressive house sound and legendary producer of massive Sasha & Digweed anthems such as No Other Love, Hyper Sleep, The Blessing, The Runner and The Javelin to name a few.

SHADES OF RHYTHM (LIVE)
    A rare chance to catch one of the most celebrated acts to come out of the early years of house and rave music. The legendary 3 piece act from London make a special live appearance just for Asylum and will be showcasing the hits that made them true icons of our dance music generation.

GRAEME L
    Graeme L has for the past 15 years been responsible for hundreds of productions, remixes and co-productions for the biggest record labels in the world. Labels such as Renaissance, Ministry Of Sound, Bedrock, Global Underground, EMI, Sony, Intec, Large, Armada, Whoop Records, CR2 Records, Toolroom, Red ‘N’ Raw Records,Eve Records, Additive Records and many many more have all benefited from the services of this highly in demand producer and DJ. This is a very rare opportunity to catch a set from this legend.

Backed up by Irelands Finest…

DJ Parsley (Asylum)
    Dilly (Asylum)
    Jay Carey (Asylum)
    DJ Computer (Circus Circus / Asylum)
    Dave Mc Donnell (Asylum /Banana Boys)
    3 Deep (Sankey’s Manchester / Manchester Underground)
    Dean Church (Audio Analysts)
    Denis Horgan (Asylum)
    Paul Butler (Asylum)
    Gary Quigley
    Sonny Byrne

SUNDAY 30TH OCTOBER

HARDFLOOR (LIVE)
    Live & Direct from Germany! As techno producers and DJ’s go they do not get any bigger or more well known on the worldwide stage than Hardfloor. Ramon Zenker and Oliver Bondzio throughout the years have produced some of the most mind blowing electronic music anthems based around their love and genius of the Roland TB- 303 acid machine.

DJ VERTIGO (Classic House set)
    The legendary guest from the original Asylum ‘Back In The Day’ returns to prove why he is still to this day a major force to be reckoned with on the worldwide DJ platform. Exclusive Dublin appearance at Asylum

OLIVER BONDZIO (Hardfloor / DJ Set)
    As an amazing touch for the evening one half of Hardfloor will also play a 2 hour set of twisted grooves and classic techno exclusively for the Asylum faithful.

MARK KAVANAGH (Olympic Classic’s set)
    In Irelands dance music scene Mark Kavanagh really needs no introduction. For two decades Mark has been at the forefront of the progression of our beloved music scene. For his Sunday gig at Asylum Mark shall be digging deep into his classic record crates to play a set based around the anthems that made Dublin venue The Olympic Ballroom the legendary establishment that it was.

CASPER (Classics set)
    Casper makes a rare Dublin appearance by massive public demand and will be dropping a highly anticipated set of jaw dropping anthems and classic tracks.

Supported by Ireland’s finest...

Dean Sherry (Phunk’Dup / Shaft / Pod / Wright Venue)
    Liam Dollard (House music legend)
    Ed Case (Asylum)
    Pat Hyland (Asylum)
    DJ Pressure (Asylum)
    Desy Balmer (Nice & Nasty)
    Leigh Pharrell (Tonik Radio)
    Gavin Duffy (Play FM)
    Senan Shorrt (Asylum)
    Stef Fegan
    Alan Kirwin
    Gary Quigley

SUNDAY AFTERNOON 30TH OCT

THE ASYLUM JUKEBOX PARTY! / PART OF ASYLUM HALLOWEEN WEEKENDER

For holders of our weekend tickets a new concept in clubbing. Sunday afternoon from 2pm we present as part of the Halloween Weekender… the Asylum Jukebox!

Early Sunday afternoon before the second night of the biggest line up this year we are having an afternoon party where you guys get the chance to choose the music!!! By text or request any tune or piece of music you want to hear!!

We will also be offering the happy party people some nice FREE hot grub/food to keep your energy levels up plus FREE teas and coffees to keep the chills away and keep the good warm vibes going!!

Your afternoon your music.......with our compliments...ASYLUM Jukebox PARTY!!

You the music loving public finally get the chance to take control. For the entire afternoon of Sunday 30th October, some of Asylum’s hottest DJ’s shall be opening their request lines....just for you!

From Faith No More to Faithless,
    From Dark trance to The Dark Side Of The Moon

FREE Irish Stew for everyone to keep your energy levels up (made to ASYLUM’s secret recipe )
    FREE tea and coffee for all and the bar will also be opening in the Vaults in the afternoon ‘exclusively’ for the Asylum crew.

Also…more special quirky things shall be announced as part of the full weekend package…watch this space…

A real get together for all you who have got it together the night before and for those who need to get it together for the night to come.................We supply the party, you supply the best fun loving and having it clubbers this country has ever seen!

This is a very rare chance to take control of your favourite DJ’s for the day. You call the shots, you dictate the music!
    Your afternoon...your music!

That’s a whole weekend of the best dance music has to offer, you can’t afford to miss this rare and unique opportunity to party for the whole weekend.......just like the good old days!

TICKET PRICING (Tickets on sale from Friday 23rd Sept at all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide)

Standard Saturday Ticket €29.00 + booking fee
    Standard Sunday Ticket €29.50 + booking fee
    Standard Weekend Ticket €49.50 + booking fee
    (Weekend ticket holders get admission to Sunday Asylum Jukebox and also half price admission to next Asylum gig in December)
    V.I.P Saturday Ticket €34.00 + booking fee
    (vip ticket holders get exclusive DJ sets from their favourite DJ’s, exclusive bar service and meet & greet with your favourite DJ’s)
    V.I.P Sunday Ticket €34.50 + booking fee
    V.I.P Weekend ticket €54.50 + booking fee
    SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Jaysus dont know if it was already posted up but I was reading, cant find the link again, that there is a Jukebox set in the Vaults on Sunday afternoon and Irish Stew will be available, Im sure to nurture those poor chemical bellies, mad this I've heard it all now:eek:

I shyt you not ...... from the official 'Brand Asylum' website ...... "Just like the good old days" it quotes ..... well fook me if I can remember eatting anything over the course of an Asylum weekend back in 93/94 other than more 'doves' ..... food intervals were strictly for the weekend pi$$heads ...... pill poppers dined out on hot cups of scaldy (ref: Jimmy Deans) & spliffs to combat 'E fatigue' :D nom nom nom nom

still, it's a nice touch giving that this time round it's a drinkers party as opposed to the original pill parties,the 'jukebox' afternnon is a good idea, be good to have an afternoon chillout with request tunes playing and keeping the punters 'appetites' (no pun intended) whetted.....seems like it's going to be a great weekend,certainly has the line up for it.

Grub up lads!!! ......... nice bit of Mashed Potatoe Trance :P

Another little mess about I had

Tracklist:
    Noise Factory - 123 O'Clock Rock - Year of the Ladies EP - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    Noise Factory - Breakage #6 - Generation X - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    Noise Factory - Come Inside - Generation X - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    Splash - Babylon - Dee Jay Recs - 95.
    Noise Factory - Breakage #5 - Year of the Ladies EP - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    The Dude - Wild Trip - Rogue Recs 95.
    Adventures in 3D - Over The Rainbow - Rogue Recs 95.
    Studio Pressure - Jump - Certificate 18 - 95
    DJ Mink - Realness - Rogue Recs - 96
    Noise Factory - Breakage #4 - The Capsule EP - 3rd Party Recs - 92
    DJ Mongoose - Red Rum - Rogue Recs - 96
    Just Jungle - Very Last Drop - Trouble on Vinyl Recs - 95
    Noise Factory - Straight from the bedroom - The Capsule EP - 3rd Party Recs - 92
    Just Jungle - Conversations - Trouble on Vinyl Recs - 95

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Another little mess about I had

Tracklist:
    Noise Factory - 123 O'Clock Rock - Year of the Ladies EP - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    Noise Factory - Breakage #6 - Generation X - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    Noise Factory - Come Inside - Generation X - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    Splash - Babylon - Dee Jay Recs - 95.
    Noise Factory - Breakage #5 - Year of the Ladies EP - 3rd Party Recs - 93
    The Dude - Wild Trip - Rogue Recs 95.
    Adventures in 3D - Over The Rainbow - Rogue Recs 95.
    Studio Pressure - Jump - Certificate 18 - 95
    DJ Mink - Realness - Rogue Recs - 96
    Noise Factory - Breakage #4 - The Capsule EP - 3rd Party Recs - 92
    DJ Mongoose - Red Rum - Rogue Recs - 96
    Just Jungle - Very Last Drop - Trouble on Vinyl Recs - 95
    Noise Factory - Straight from the bedroom - The Capsule EP - 3rd Party Recs - 92
    Just Jungle - Conversations - Trouble on Vinyl Recs - 95

i like it :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Forget the "brand asylum" rip off, for an extra few quid you can get an old skool weekend festival with over 100 artists and acts, great value for money and has potential to the best event since back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Just on the stew thing, maybe it's some ruse to get around licencing laws or something? Still bizarre though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Klim wrote: »
    Just on the stew thing, maybe it's some ruse to get around licencing laws or something? Still bizarre though.

Not sure, I think it's just a gimmick, and it's mushy session also:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Lol :D:D

Mushy

• Advertisement

has any1 gone out and gotten any? another fcukin wasted season my end anyway :mad:

aceberg wrote: »

Mushy

Are you going Ace?

Mushy

Are you going Ace?
    Seriously doubt it Paddy.would love to tho are u

Seriously doubt it Paddy.would love to tho are u

It's looking good i will be there on the Sunday night.

are you still working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE

as is the motto of Ravers and this is absolutely true, a quick browse through the charts and i had to have a double take, DJ seduction - Drop the bass - the original mix has been re-relased on Slipmatts label Can you feel it media, fantastic stuff :D

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/3499490.html

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

are you still working?

Got my tickets for Sunday night, deffo wanna bump into someone this time;)

Here is a clip of night I was at a while back

I was talking to Tim Hannigan in the Academy. He was in there recording Paloma Faith for RTE on Arthurs day. A nicer bloke you could'nt meet!

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Got my tickets for Sunday night, deffo wanna bump into someone this time;)

Here is a clip of night I was at a while back

I was talking to Tim Hannigan in the Academy. He was in there recording Paloma Faith for RTE on Arthurs day. A nicer bloke you could'nt meet!

Heard it was a super night! i was down on the guestlist but could not make it that Friday night :mad: but sure to see him Sunday the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

• Advertisement

are you still working?

Have'nt done anything in over a month Paddy unfortunately :mad::mad:

Any jobs do ya :D

Sorry to here that Ace! hopefully things will pick up.

Sorry to here that Ace! hopefully things will pick up.

Saw this earlier .....

Ten years ago the world had Bob Hope, Steve Jobs and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Hope, no Jobs and no Cash! :D

here peeps some of ya's might enjoy this, oldskool hip hop mix by sketchy. not a big rap fan myself but this is pretty decent, player on the page for preview.

http://www.divshare.com/download/15940868-93c

headin in to ben sims in the button factory tonight, free ticket :) never really gave him much notice till last night, some wicked stuff he plays!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭francois

es-cee wrote: »
    headin in to ben sims in the button factory tonight, free ticket :) never really gave him much notice till last night, some wicked stuff he plays!!!

Im a fan of Mr Sims :) superb DJ! enjoy tonight ! im sure he will rock the shop :)

And i love that Paperclip track...

foots been killin me the last week n half so i hope i will be able to dance tonight! hate goin out and just sittin around, defeats the puspose of goin out imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭francois

Uploaded the full version of this 21 minute monster from moby under his voodoo child moniker-not for the faint-hearted but it's a savage epic of a track that builds and builds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement