Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

killer set this by the man like ratty, dark as fook :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

i know same here so many tunes that have same beat hard to remember them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Any ideas on these 2 . Would anyone have a decent rip of this side also. If so i'll delete it and re up in better quality.

http://soundcloud.com/germulhall/warren-k-aug-94-side-b

1. Otaku Percussion - Obsession (Back to Basics Trucker Mix)
    3. Virtue - Feeling Good (New Dawn)
    4. Underworld - Dark and Long (Dark Train)
    5. Spooky - Little Bullet (High Velocity Mix)
    6. Whoosh - Sometimes (Out Of Body Mix)
    7. Hanson & Nelson - Move In Motion (Mix 2)

if mass was like this, i'd go every week!!!!! the 2nd one is my fav, the two lads on the mic's is fcukin gas :D

can some1 tell me the name f the mix of 'ascension - someone' that MK plays on the ormond mix? is it just an instrumental mix or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    can some1 tell me the name f the mix of 'ascension - someone' that MK plays on the ormond mix? is it just an instrumental mix or ?

Alright Es, I think it might be the 'unreleased Space Brothers' remix from 96'.....which was released :confused: on a white label with Sunglasses Ron - Feel the Beat.

I know it's defo not any of the 3 on the official release (have it there amongst the dust collection lol)

Original Vocal mix

Slackers Rolling mix

Slackers Elevation Vocal mix

Didn't think this would be your preferred listening material?!

.........scratch that , looks like there was a 2nd release of this in 97 with a further 2 versions, one titled "Space Brothers Dub" ...here it is

Must be the same one from the 'Unreleased' white label from 96' , I'd hazard a guess the white label mix was sought after and they added it to later releases, mine just has the original on the A side & the 2 slacker mixes on the flipside :(

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    .........scratch that , looks like there was a 2nd release of this in 97 with a further 2 versions, one titled "Space Brothers Dub" ...here it is

Must be the same one from the 'Unreleased' white label from 96' , I'd hazard a guess the white label mix was sought after and they added it to later releases, mine just has the original on the A side & the 2 slacker mixes on the flipside :(

i have the original release myself, fúckin hate it!!! vocals go thru my head, much prefer the one MK played.

i have the original release myself, fúckin hate it!!! vocals go thru my head, much prefer the one MK played.

:o I actually don't mind it meself lol, it conjures up old memories of dancing by the pool on the aul summer holidays (ya know,from playing those commercial mix releases that would come out every summer? - Trance Nation,MoS etc etc)

I'm gutted there's a 2nd release with that Space Brothers Dub mix on it lol

My copy
    http://www.discogs.com/Ascension-Someone/release/187467

Other one
    http://www.discogs.com/Ascension-Someone/release/61229

or
    http://www.discogs.com/Ascension-Someone/release/86184

:D .........and just to close out on this one lol (Columbo eat your heart out)

Here is the white label
    http://www.discogs.com/Ascension-Sunglasses-Ron-Someone-Feel-The-Beat/release/128002

Which is indeed the 'Space Brothers Dub' the 'unreleased' title coming from the white label been a Space Brothers release and not under their (one of many) alaises 'Ascension' .....

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ascension

Fookers the pair o'dim!! (them & their stable mate Tall Paul Newman aka Sunglasses Ron aka Camisra aka Decktitition etc etc) , why do so many DJ/Producers do that, work under several aliases???

:o I actually don't mind it meself lol, it conjures up old memories of dancing by the pool on the aul summer holidays (ya know,from playing those commercial mix releases that would come out every summer? - Trance Nation,MoS etc etc)

I'm gutted there's a 2nd release with that Space Brothers Dub mix on it lol

My copy
    http://www.discogs.com/Ascension-Someone/release/187467

Other one
    http://www.discogs.com/Ascension-Someone/release/61229

or
    http://www.discogs.com/Ascension-Someone/release/86184

wouldn't be a fav of mine, just listenin thru joe's latest mix and its on it. was just wonderin what the name of it was.

could never get into them mos cd's man, lol cheese platter comes to mind haha/

si cosis tearin it up on oos http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html

thinkin bout buyin a new set of these, any1 have a set?

wouldn't be a fav of mine, just listenin thru joe's latest mix and its on it. was just wonderin what the name of it was.

could never get into them mos cd's man, lol cheese platter comes to mind haha/

Tru dat m8, they weren't something I bought!!! copies of copies n all that shyte but the kinda mandatory 'leave playing' whilst sunbathing lol or as I said dancing round the pool! ..... I blame the Sun,heat & humidity ....and ALCOHOL :D:D

I will confess to having bought the first 2 Trance Nations though :o they actually weren't badly mixed but yeah full of commercial cheddary goodness! ..... Summertime buzzing ya just didnt give edam!! ;)

Had a buzz watching/listening to this earlier ....

Whats the tune at the start? anyone?

Tru dat m8, they weren't something I bought!!! copies of copies n all that shyte but the kinda mandatory 'leave playing' whilst sunbathing lol or as I said dancing round the pool! ..... I blame the Sun,heat & humidity ....and ALCOHOL :D:D

I will confess to having bought the first 2 Trance Nations though :o they actually weren't badly mixed but yeah full of commercial cheddary goodness! ..... Summertime buzzing ya just didnt give edam!! ;)

i actually bought the trancendental euphoria along with the orange hard house one back in 2000, as my mate told me it was the dogs nuts lol. promptly sold it to him at a rediced price when i actually listened to it haha, fúckin shíte wasn't the word, dave pearce should be ashamed of himself!!!!

Had a buzz watching/listening to this earlier ....

Whats the tune at the start? anyone?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seanoduill

JDxtra wrote: »
    I don't have Pressue House 6 or the special one, but do have these tapes and partial track listings...

Asylum - Dj Pressure
    Asylum - Dj Thyme
    Asylum - Live (pressure) 21st May 94
    Asylum - Live 94
    Asylum - Warren K
    Asylum - Warren K mix 1
    Carl Cox - Waterford 94
    Casper - Illusion
    Dj Dag - Final Frontier
    Dj Dilly
    Dj Fergie - 93 to 94
    Dj Pressure - Deeper
    Dj Pressure - House 2
    Dj Pressure - house 3
    Dj Pressure - House 4
    Dj Pressure - House 5
    Dj Pressure - House 7
    Dj Pressure - Journeys in Dance
    Dj Pressure - Wanted
    Dj Pressure - Wonderland
    Dj Pressure -V
    Ed Case - The Magic Roundabout (Live)
    Ed Case 1
    Ed Case 2
    Ed Case 3
    Mick Walsh - Gravity (Sides)
    Psyclone zone 4 (Fri 15th July '94)
    Sasha - In the mix (May '95)
    Sasha - Son of god
    Sci Vs Brolly
    wel man looking for dj pressure tapes everywhere any chance you could upload them to mp3 so i can download them?

the world is under attack !!! :) carl cox stomper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

promo double pack,

Old Skool heaven will be happening next year, ive been hoping for something like this for years but the best you could hope for at a festival is a small tent playing old skool, this looks amazing and i am 110% going to go to this and i urge everyone else to do so too, plenty of time to plan and get cash together,you might not see a festival like this again.

http://retrotraxfestival.co.uk/
    If you were clubbing from 1986 – 1999 then that era is one of, if not THE biggest part of your life. Everyone who was ‘in the scene’ at that time were there for the love of the music.

You were passionate about the weekends. You used to count down the days with your friends to the weekend. You travelled north, south, east and west to hear your favourite DJ. You made friends all over the UK. You became part of an underground community of like-minded people who all shared the same ideal, and that was the passion for music and clubbing. The Retro-Trax Festival is the embodiment of that time in your life. We will transport you back to that ‘Oldskool’ era in a sophisticated way.

You will hear DJs you haven’t heard for years. You will meet up with old friends who you haven’t seen for years, and you will experience that oldskool vibe that you thought was lost. We will create an event that you will be talking about for years, just as you still talk about now with people you still have contact with from that magical era.

We guarantee a safe, happy, secure festival environment with everything ‘oldskool’.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Old Skool heaven will be happening next year, ive been hoping for something like this for years but the best you could hope for at a festival is a small tent playing old skool, this looks amazing and i am 110% going to go to this and i urge everyone else to do so too, plenty of time to plan and get cash together,you might not see a festival like this again.

http://retrotraxfestival.co.uk/

if im still living in this part of the world, i'll be at that, X Ray playing at it, as well as everyone else :D

senan s wrote: »
    if im still living in this part of the world, i'll be at that, X Ray playing at it, as well as everyone else :D

if i was living on the other side of the world id be planning on coming back for this:D looks amazing, i can only imagine what the full line up is, gonna be some weekend with great music and people.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

did anyone manage to get an id for last tune on pressure mix deeper,, the only info i got was it was a bootleg mix of you make me feel by gemini iv , hard to say if that info was accurate even though it sample the beat in parts. track hoarders should spill the beans on this one :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement