Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

es-cee wrote: »
    foots been killin me the last week n half so i hope i will be able to dance tonight! hate goin out and just sittin around, defeats the puspose of goin out imo.

Im sure you won't be able to stay still with Ben on the controls :)
    That is going to be one hugh night tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Im sure you won't be able to stay still with Ben on the controls :)
    That is going to be one hugh night tonight!

hopefully some legal over the counter pills will put me right ;):p
    yeah lookin forward to it man, ain't been out since the last asylum gig.

francois wrote: »
    Uploaded the full version of this 21 minute monster from moby under his voodoo child moniker-not for the faint-hearted but it's a savage epic of a track that builds and builds

That is some Monster alright! superb upload !

francois wrote: »
    Uploaded the full version of this 21 minute monster from moby under his voodoo child moniker-not for the faint-hearted but it's a savage epic of a track that builds and builds

that's one wicked fúckin tune man, never heard it before, bangin!!!!

• Advertisement

hopefully some legal over the counter pills will put me right ;):p
    yeah lookin forward to it man, ain't been out since the last asylum gig.

How was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

was talking to some mates of mine earlier not really into the Rave scene but they ended up in some warehouse rave in Parnell St last night run by the chinkys or Brazilians and said it was deadly they even done yokes anyone know about this:)

Have to say lads im amazed at the lack of interest in the Retro Trax Old Skool festival happening next May, i know it's a long way off but already this has potential to the best event since the 90's,the line up is already incredible and loads more to be added, for me this really is Old Skool heaven and a dream, to be honest at my age this might very well be my raving swansong and i wanna go out in style and this looks to be the one, get on it folks, if there is enough interest here we can organise a coach over and back, i know 5 already from Dublin/Bray heading to this.:)

http://www.retro-trax.com/

• Advertisement

How was it?

was a top night, altho i must say, techno ain't really my gig. sims was superb, and the lad before him was equally as good. just sounded like the one track from start to finish which kinda got to me, no variation in beats or massive build ups and drops, but i thoroughly enjoyed myself and would recommend a sims gig to any techno fan!!! :)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Have to say lads im amazed at the lack of interest in the Retro Trax Old Skool festival happening next May, i know it's a long way off but already this has potential to the best event since the 90's,the line up is already incredible and loads more to be added, for me this really is Old Skool heaven and a dream, to be honest at my age this might very well be my raving swansong and i wanna go out in style and this looks to be the one, get on it folks, if there is enough interest here we can organise a coach over and back, i know 5 already from Dublin/Bray heading to this.:)

http://www.retro-trax.com/

in fairness jonny, it all boils down to the money factor mate, which the majority of peeps just don't have the luxury of in this day and age. not that we're not interested, just haven't the funds to be throwing away on the likes of this when so many other more important things are needed, ya know ;)

in fairness jonny, it all boils down to the money factor mate, which the majority of peeps just don't have the luxury of in this day and age. not that we're not interested, just haven't the funds to be throwing away on the likes of this when so many other more important things are needed, ya know ;)

in the same boat myself mate im probably more skint than most:confused: but you have until next May to get the few bob together so plenty of time:)

Absolutely vintage Piano House, a rare classic from Ibiza, pure ecstasy:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Can you not claim for a grant for educational assistance for this one Sean? tell them it's research as part of your thesis for the course your doing :D ......... worth a try!!

Cant fault Ryanair cheap as chips flights, book in advance and get flights for as little as €3.99 eachway + administration fee (no taxes etc if you grab the early bird flight outgoing & last flight returning) should work out at around €25 tops!

That said, unless i'm working somewhere decent with decent wages coming in it won't be on my calendar either lol :o

But we can live in hope! looks the dogs!

On a Jem 77 tip (nods at Paddy)

First heard "Never felt this way" waaaaay back in 92 on a Carl Cox set, savage tune......but my fav Jem 77 gem has to be the G&W remix of Out of time....what a tune

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness"

"The Aim of the game is to ...feel....real....good"

Top 92 Tunage!! :cool:

was a top night, altho i must say, techno ain't really my gig. sims was superb, and the lad before him was equally as good. just sounded like the one track from start to finish which kinda got to me, no variation in beats or massive build ups and drops, but i thoroughly enjoyed myself and would recommend a sims gig to any techno fan!!! :)

I know what you mean about the variation in beats, Tech house is very like that, gets boring after a while. Sims sets are usally solid with a bit of veritay.
    What was the crowed like?

I know what you mean about the variation in beats, Tech house is very like that, gets boring after a while. Sims sets are usally solid with a bit of veritay.
    What was the crowed like?

there was a great atmosphere, i bumped into a lad off this forum vinyljunkie in there too and had a chat. was my 1st time in the place, top venue and it was fairly packed, all hands in the air stuff lol. soon as i got home tho got well stuck into some oldskool jungle to sort the head out after the repeated 4/4 techno beats lol, if i wasn't out of it i probably would have left earlier in the night, 5 hours of techno is enough to send me off the deep end hahaha :D i did enjoy myself tho, was a great night.

EDIT: one thing i did notice was a bouncer tellin a lad to but his top back on lol, its a fúckin rave ffs, what do they expect?!

• Advertisement

there was a great atmosphere, i bumped into a lad off this forum vinyljunkie in there too and had a chat. was my 1st time in the place, top venue and it was fairly packed, all hands in the air stuff lol. soon as i got home tho got well stuck into some oldskool jungle to sort the head out after the repeated 4/4 techno beats lol, if i wasn't out of it i probably would have left earlier in the night, 5 hours of techno is enough to send me off the deep end hahaha :D i did enjoy myself tho, was a great night.

EDIT: one thing i did notice was a bouncer tellin a lad to but his top back on lol, its a fúckin rave ffs, what do they expect?!

Really wish i could of made it.

Love this clip -

Little messabout.....the best bit lol

:D

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Little messabout.....the best bit lol

:D

did ya make this on your decks G? like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 otoolej4

sounds really good brings back the memories of the good auld days

did ya make this on your decks G? like it :)

I did m8,did it ages ago,again its just an extract (best continuos bit lol) from a longer 'mix' ..... had a few hours to meself today so listened over a few that I tried and decided to upload the good bits :)

The other one (dnb) is an mp3 mix :o .........but sure you wouldn't expect me to have new dnb on vinyl would ya? (not yet anyway lol )

I did m8,did it ages ago,again its just an extract (best continuos bit lol) from a longer 'mix' ..... had a few hours to meself today so listened over a few that I tried and decided to upload the good bits :)

The other one (dnb) is an mp3 mix :o .........but sure you wouldn't expect me to have new dnb on vinyl would ya? (not yet anyway lol )

were are ya gettin the new dnb from?

were are ya gettin the new dnb from?

Natz brother,he has a load of it on his portable hdd,some bought from beatport,some he converted from vinyl,some he grabbed on YT ,he's playing the newer stuff these days......but still not parting with his old stuff :( (collection to kill for)

• Advertisement

Natz brother,he has a load of it on his portable hdd,some bought from beatport,some he converted from vinyl,some he grabbed on YT ,he's playing the newer stuff these days......but still not parting with his old stuff :( (collection to kill for)

here man, i think the newer jungle tekno might be up your street man, not exactly like the 92-94 era, lacks the raw sound we love so much but its 140-160 bpm. i love it, gonna start buyin it again on tuesday, along with some new hardcore breaks and get a newer collection going again while i try get some money together for new dnb on wax.

http://www.dto4music.co.uk/ & http://www.nu-rave.com/ are good for previews of the stuff before ya buy, and they're cheap enough too. also check out tango & ratty's label 'steel fingers recordings', all on dto4 ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement