Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Well wear!!Hope the micra is enjoying its retirement!!

Still have it, currently rebuilding the engine in it, just for the experience really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

8~) wrote: »
    Do you own that Mercedes now?
    It shouldn't need any work doing for a few years apart from general servicing - I did a couple of jobs on it and was very impressed by its condition and previous work that had been done. I believe a couple of other guys here have done a bit of work on it also. It's a small classic car world.

......yeah good brakes, and enough waxoyl to power a central heating system for a few years !:D

The headlight issue is most likely bad earthing AT the headlights or a bad switch.

Its former owner has posted on the same page BTW !

Do you own that Mercedes now?
    It shouldn't need any work doing for a few years apart from general servicing - I did a couple of jobs on it and was very impressed by its condition and previous work that had been done. I believe a couple of other guys here have done a bit of work on it also. It's a small classic car world.

......yeah good brakes, and enough waxoyl to power a central heating system for a few years !:D

The headlight issue is most likely bad earthing AT the headlights or a bad switch.

Its former owner has posted on this page BTW !

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

My money is on a bad connecter/wiring at the connector behind the driver side headlamp...

(nice waxoyl job, BTW)

My money is on a bad connecter/wiring at the connector behind the driver side headlamp...

(nice waxoyl job, BTW)

............yep, seen that many times !

I havent even waxoyled my own to that degree, thats next week.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Spotted in manor west shopping center today in tralee,still on its first day dublin plates,it was very tidy!!
    Image647.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Immaculate Cortina spotted in Josephine's filling station in Urlingford.

Image067-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Harry Potter and his dad going home from terenure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Harry_Potter_Co

Hehe, thats me in the car i was texting as usual. Nice pic:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've got some pics from the Terenure show put up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8633970@N04/sets/72157606014919611/

• Advertisement

Saw this 20 mins ago in tralee..nice original cork car.
    Image652.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi All
    Heres a few beauties I spotted down the road in Morans Oyster Cottage in Kilcolgan, Galway. The Brian Boru Run I think

BoruRun200800001.JPG

BoruRun200800008.JPG

BoruRun200800002.JPG

BoruRun200800010.JPG

BoruRun200800004.JPG

BoruRun200800013.JPG

BoruRun200800005.JPG

BoruRun200800014.JPG

BoruRun200800006.JPG

BoruRun200800016.JPG

BoruRun200800025.JPG

BoruRun200800026.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

Hamsterboy? when was that??? Morans I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi Daxklynsmith
    That was last Sunday, 6th July.
    Might not have been the Boru run but some of the cars had a Boru plate :)

Original irish reg E-type,now thats a rarity!!!
    BoruRun200800013.JPG
    Reg makes it a mid 1971 cork county car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I remember that Jag around Cork when it was new, sold by P.J O'Heas I think, met with a nasty accident on the Kerry mountains many years ago if I'm not mistaken.

Spotted in tralee today..Mid 74 MGB..
    Image657.jpg
    And a 63 land rover,around since 87!!
    Image656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Nice Jaguar E-type spotted on Clontarf Road this afternoon.

Image068.jpg

Spotted in tralee today..Mid 74 MGB..
    Image657.jpg

.......hey well spotted, that MG belongs to a friend of mine. He used to live next door to me for years. We both sold our houses on the same day, unknown to eachother and moved away. That MG and my Pagoda used to sit outside next to eachother.

I lost touch with him, so its great to see it out and about looking so well. It was a largely original and unrestored car. Thanks for posting ! :)

No prob merc mad,i love it when a story comes back about a car like that.It looked immaculate alright,even body colour under the wheelarches!!It was in tralee i saw it, did you live down this way before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Lauder wrote: »
    Nice Jaguar E-type spotted on Clontarf Road this afternoon.

Image068.jpg

It's on 1966 GB plates (Stirlingshire)

No prob merc mad,i love it when a story comes back about a car like that.It looked immaculate alright,even body colour under the wheelarches!!It was in tralee I saw it, did you live down this way before?

.........no we both lived here in North County Dublin. I moved nearer the pub and he moved to Tralee !:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Littleguy

Hi lads, new to the forum - thought I'd make a contribution. Here's my classic, didn't take it today though, but she usually looks like this.

^ I myself wouldn't call a 13 year old Mercedes a classic, but that's just me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭mustang68

Max_Damage wrote: »
    ^ I myself wouldn't call a 13 year old Mercedes a classic, but that's just me....

I'm going to put my neck on the line and agree, its nearly a classic, but not yet. Actually up until last year I was driving a 92 car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Maybe not a classic but its the last of the proper Mercs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

What defines a classic. I'd call that w124 a classic because its likley to be collectable in the future.
    For the ones who say a 13 year old merc is not a classic. What age does it become a classic? I'm aware that our state classes a car over 30 year old as vintage but classic is different isn't it?

I'd say the W123 is now considered a classic, but the W124, not quite yet. Everyone's definition of a classic is different anyway.

My 18 year old Micra is definitely not a classic (probably never will be either! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

no pic im afraid but spotted on the Boghall Road in Bray yesterday, a seemingly good nick early Toyota Landcruiser, with a xxx BLI reg. Red with white roof, like the one Draycottgirlz has posted on this forum.
    Anyone familiar with Bray will know the place - up until very recently it was Boghall Tyres, the guy has a field beside the small bungalow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

aravan wrote: »
    What defines a classic. I'd call that w124 a classic because its likley to be collectable in the future.
    For the ones who say a 13 year old merc is not a classic. What age does it become a classic? I'm aware that our state classes a car over 30 year old as vintage but classic is different isn't it?

Personally I'd consider a "vintage" car to be pre-WWII but that's also very subjective. The W124 is a 24 year old design, and there's not a lot of them around any more - not sure if I could consider it a classic yet but definately a future classic.

What about much older designs that were produced for many years? Would people here consider a Mini from the '80s or '90s a classic? What about a late 2CV? A 1991 FSO 1300 (pretty much a Fiat 125)? A 2005 Paykan (Iranian Hillman Hunter)? OK the last two are probably pushing it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement