Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

MercMad wrote: »
    .........no we both lived here in North County Dublin. I moved nearer the pub and he moved to Tralee !:o
    :D:DGood answer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Funny that this particular topic should come up, because at the Terenure show last sunday, there was an '89 Peugeot 405 and an '87 Nissan Sunny on display there. Hell, I might just chance my arm & bring my Micra next year (free entry!) :D

Nice tidy DS today in tralee on five digit kerry ZV plates..
    Image664.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

I seen that DS yesterday in North Kerry visiting another DS owner:)

Must be a local car,the reg number was only issued in the last few months.It was immaculate!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭walshe

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

spotted on friday going in to greenoge industrial estate !

sounded lovely :)

1980opelmantasr363BZL001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭richiet

Has to be one of the older cabs in Dublin:

Picture002.jpg

Saw this in Corofin:

Picture001.jpg

Haha,classic taxi service,id hail it:D:D?!
    Picture001.jpg
    Is it me or is that number 3 out of place on that plate,or am i being way too pedantic? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I saw an original Irish (GZS I think it was) reg. dark blue Toyota Hiace van (the model with the round headlights and the large 'T' on the front grill) today in Knocklyon. It was in immaculate condition, complete with red plates and all! No picture though unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Is it me or is that number 3 out of place on that plate,or am i being way too pedantic? ?

I think the 9 and the 0 are the out of place ones - they look too square for that style of plate, also compared to the J.

I think the 9 and the 0 are the out of place ones - they look too square for that style of plate, also compared to the J.
    Hmm..i think you could be right.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

Sorry about the Picture Quality, phone camera
    1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    image1a.jpg

Wow...i like this!!!
    1.jpg
    -very original looking and has its original 1979 limerick county reg plates too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

Wow...i like this!!!
    1.jpg
    -very original looking and has its original 1979 limerick county reg plates too:)

Ya I had to do a U-turn on the main street when i spotted it out of the corner of my eye down a side street,
    it looks a little better in the pic, paint work wasnt great.
    i do agree nice and original though.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Absolute minter Beetle 1300s. A daily driver in Clontarf. Same owner since new and impeccably maintained.

Image062.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

wow the beetle is nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Lauder wrote: »
    Absolute minter Beetle 1300s. A daily driver in Clontarf. Same owner since new and impeccably maintained.

Image062.jpg

I'm almost sure that my Da owned that beatle and traded it in 1977 for a mark 1 golf. I must check with him tomorrow and see if its the same one. I know his one was parked regularly outside the arch bishops house in years gone past. He always regeted trading the beatle for the golf which was troublesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nice GT beetle, had one very like it - 1976 ZI ;)

JustinOval wrote: »

That could easy be the one we owned back in the 70's too, all i can remember was it ended in ZI and was orange. Been trying to recollect the reg and thinking its 16xx ZI. It would be nice to know if it was still around must get the reg of the Da and do a cartell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mollyhaymaker

Dades wrote: »
    Okay so maybe not a classic yet - but the Maserati Quattroporte I followed home yesterday might be one day!
    (Not wise I know taking a picture while driving up the rear of a €150K + car :eek:)

26-07-05_1812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Cocoon wrote: »
    That could easy be the one we owned back in the 70's too, all i can remember was it ended in ZI and was orange. Been trying to recollect the reg and thinking its 16xx ZI. It would be nice to know if it was still around must get the reg of the Da and do a cartell.

I think mine was in Ringsend/Irishtown originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

The car behind the Maser (the one that the driver took the pic from) looks like a 124 spider to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

And that Maserati belongs to a certain shortarse singer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The car behind the Maser (the one that the driver took the pic from) looks like a 124 spider to me..
    It was indeed (before I sold it 16 months ago) my old Fiat Spider. :(

That pic makes me sad, but then again you can't see the blue smoke that was probably spewing from the rear in first gear...!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

alastair wrote: »
    And that Maserati belongs to a certain shortarse singer.

Christy Burke?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Christy Burke?:)

Nah - the other one with the shades and tax money resting in Dutch accounts.

alastair wrote: »
    Nah - the other one with the shades and tax money resting in Dutch accounts.

The one with the blue shades from Killiney?

The plumber at a house i was wiring today was driving this,it was extremly clean,Had its original ZX plates front and back and seemed to have first day paint too.There wasnt a dent or rust to be seen!!Not bad for 23 years old and seemingly in daily use!!
    Image675.jpg

• Advertisement

JustinOval wrote: »

Our one was 1622 ZI don't know if its still around or not. Haven't seen it in alt least 10 Years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement