Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 67Cougar

350GT wrote:
    hi there just thought you might like to see my car :rolleyes: Attachment not found.

Thats a sweet ride, saw it yesterday on the run from the park to Blessington, was a fantastic day....

Here's a few pics for you guys who where not there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭350GT

Thanks Dave, great to see you there too that Cougar is the Dogs :D great spin on the back roads you could shake hands with the cows the roads were so narrow :eek:

Cheers mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No pix but spotted a rag top MG B and a Midget in Wexford today, both bright red and gleaming in the sun.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Spotted today a blue '79 Volvo 343 in Dun Laoghaire. It was on old Irish plates and in mediocre condition.

Also spotted, again in Dun Laoghaire, was a white '85 Mercedes 190E. In showroom condition.

There is also a yellow Ford Fiesta Mk1 in Rathfarnham I see alot. Again, in showroom condition.

Sorry its not better spotted this Datsun in Tralee is it a 260 or 280Z?

Datsun260-280Z.jpg

Also saw a Frogeye Sprite in Clonmel.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

mike65 wrote:
    Sorry its not better spotted this Datsun in Tralee is it a 260 or 280Z?

Datsun260-280Z.jpg

It's a 260Z 2+2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Was in Galway with the MX5 club at the weekend. What a cracker of a weekend ! Some some goodies along the way:

1. this is one of the earliest MX5s in Ireland, has been through some good times and some bad times, and is now in great condition once again

2. absolutley stunning '73 Stag touring the back roads near the Burren

3. nice '78 MGB

4. MG of some sort (sorry, have no idea !). Modern wheels though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Mg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

franksm wrote:
    MG of some sort (sorry, have no idea !). Modern wheels though
    Looks like an MG TD. (cira 1950?). The original wheels looked like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

A 95-WH Aston Martin Vantage V8 just pulling out of Caseys in Athlone.
    Didn't have my cametra handy though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Lovely MG (looks original)
    Just off Pearse Street (beside the kings head Barbers)
    Its great to see classics used as everyday cars

Image028.jpg
    Image029.jpg

A 95-WH Aston Martin Vantage V8 just pulling out of Caseys in Athlone
    Hardly a classic yet Joe! :)

1972 Corvette spotted on the M1 near Dublin Airport this afternoon (apologies - not a great pic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 djfarrell

mike65 wrote:
    Dsc01497.jpg

For sale in Tramore, its been there since before Christmas.

Mike.

hey mike is that car in tramore still for sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

Spotted parked on Walkinstown Ave yesterday morning- a white '79 D Fiat 131 with "Brooklands" trim/livery. Looked very clean, square headlights i think

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

1972 Corvette spotted on the M1 near Dublin Airport this afternoon (apologies - not a great pic).
    I know that one - it's a 72 D car. My old FIAT was only a few numbers ahead of it and I had a brief chat with the driver once at the lights. Lovely jammer.

djfarrell, nope twas sold about a month back.

Mike.

Hardly a classic yet Joe! :)

No? I'd say it was a classic as soon as it was built!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 djfarrell

• Registered Users Posts: 65,062 ✭✭✭✭unkel

djfarrell wrote:
    Wana bid for it on Ebay - follow this link for full details!

Try www.adverts.ie. No ads allowed here. Consider yourself warned...

• Advertisement

1970 Opel GT, white with black racing stripes, in Galway near GMIT. :cool:
    Not quick enough with the camera though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I saw a white/blue '87 Dodge Diplomat covered in NYPD livery last night near Kevin Street. Had the roof light bar and all. Looked brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Saw this 66 Ford Mustang a few days back.

Lovely thing! :p

dsc00158lm7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 351GT

Seen and stopped and looked and took pics of this beauty mustang in waterford over the weekend

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

Spotted in tesco greystones yesterday evening - a green Lotus Elan, MNI 7xx,
    i've never seen one up so close, beautiful lines..

And here's one for MB aficionados to figure out - southbound on the N11 this morning, from Loughlinstown to Bray, a dark blue LHD '71 D (not sure if the model is W108/109 or 111) but it was badged "280SD 3.0" I knew the S class was sold as a diesel in other markets (US, maybe South Africa) but the first ones i thought were the W116s. Any one throw light on this for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

the 280SD 3.0 is Andreas_220D's new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

That 280 SD (originally a SE )was for sale in Durrow, the empty bottles of veggie oil behind it drew a lot of attention:) Its got a 3.0 5 cylinder diesel from a W123. The 220D is for sale on Carzone

I have to say the 280SD was smoking a bit more than it should, tho' it was cruising faultlessly at c130kph.. The "280SD" badging looked perfect, as in not a put together jobbie, with the chrome underline bar sitting perfect. I was just curious as to what were the first S class diesels, be they european (i think the W140) or other markets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

tc20 wrote:
    Spotted parked on Walkinstown Ave yesterday morning- a white '79 D Fiat 131 with "Brooklands" trim/livery. Looked very clean, square headlights i think

That car is always there. It was on uk plates a few months back. Looks brilliant though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

tc20 wrote:
    And here's one for MB aficionados to figure out - southbound on the N11 this morning, from Loughlinstown to Bray, a dark blue LHD '71 D (not sure if the model is W108/109 or 111) but it was badged "280SD 3.0" I knew the S class was sold as a diesel in other markets (US, maybe South Africa) but the first ones i thought were the W116s. Any one throw light on this for me?

It's a W108. The engine is replaced with a 3 Liter Diesel engine from a W123.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement