Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭mustang68

franksm wrote:
    '74 Celica near Clonsilla a week or so ago

I see that around a bit in the morning heading to Chapelisod, nice car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah those shape Celica's were really cool looking !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Blue850 wrote:
    Spotted a tidy Blue MK2 Triumph 2000 (UK L-reg) on an A-frame behind a Discovery in Crusheen on Sunday morning, and theres a 1982 Merc W123 for sale in Kilrush. Camera was left in Galway:rolleyes:

Hi Blue850, would you happen to have a number for the W123?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

The Merc W123 is at Crowley's Garage 065 9051067
    Its a silver 82 Ce *** reg 4 door, dont know what model, could only see the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Blue850 wrote:
    The Merc W123 is at Crowley's Garage 065 9051067
    Its a silver 82 Ce *** reg 4 door, dont know what model, could only see the front.

Thanks Blue, gave a ring about it, might take a trip to have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

There is a white '87 Austin Metro convertible (the only one I've ever seen) in a driverway of a house in Rathfarnham. It's been sitting there for years, and is looking in dilapidated condition. I should get a pic of it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭otis

Spotted this evening - original Irish Fiat 132 automatic - thought that all Fiats of this vintage had been eaten away by now!:)

fiat 132.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

I know that car, the man who owns it has about 20 132s and 131s in various states of disrepair.He also has a Renault 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Spotted this evening - original Irish Fiat 132 automatic - thought that all Fiats of this vintage had been eaten away by now!

...........and thats a very early one judging by the chrome bumpers. they were good cars and the last of them, with the plastic bumpers, twin headlights were very high spec cars and quite luxurious, with metallic paint, vinyl roofs, electric windows, tinted glass and lovely velour upholstery !

One of my friends fathers had one, a 1979 model........pretty cool and made a lovely sound too !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jaguar XJ spotted in Donabate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 67Cougar

Hey just joined this Boards stuff, thought I'd post a picture of my pride and joy, a 67 Mercury Cougar. Car beside it is a pristine Citroen ID owned by a friend of mine in Clare.Picture 004.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Spotted a white 1986 Toyota Supra on the Nangor Road yesterday evening.

Does that qualify? I was driving and am much to careful to attempt to take a picture when doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

67Cougar, welcome and thats a fine looking ID, wheres the rust? :D

Mike.

Absolutely spotless 1971 MB (W111) 280SE 3.5 spotted in Dublin Airport tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

She's a beauty alright Wishbone, spotted the same car on Putland Road, Bray, last week

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Just to keep the anoraks happy: the model number for the saloon version is not W111 but W108...

The W111 would be the Coupe or Convertible version of the 220/250/280SE

btw. how come you are so sure it's a 1971 example?

PaulK_CCI wrote:
    Just to keep the anoraks happy: the model number for the saloon version is not W111 but W108.
    Oops sorry. I always have difficulties with the Merc numbers.
    Paul_CCI wrote:
    btw. how come you are so sure it's a 1971 example?
    Well, I cheated - the re-registered plates (71 D 900) are on the passenger seat awaiting fixing ;):D

(ZVs would look much better IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Well, I cheated - the re-registered plates (71 D 900) are on the passenger seat awaiting fixing ;):D

(ZVs would look much better IMO)

:D well spotted... Actually if it was an original 3.5 litre V8, it could have only been either a 70/71/72 ...

Re. ZV plates, to be honest, I've grown to like the year denominated plates, especially since the ZV plates are now so plentyfull and everyone now knows it's an import anyway.

Of all the people that have bought cars through me, more and more customers have decided to go for showing off the year of the car! :) instead of ZV, especially since it's gone 5 digits for the Dublin area ...

I saw a red '87 Austin Maestro today in Rathfarnham. Looked to be in fairly good condition. Not too many of them around anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

PaulK_CCI wrote:
    :D well spotted... Actually if it was an original 3.5 litre V8, it could have only been either a 70/71/72 ...

Re. ZV plates, to be honest, I've grown to like the year denominated plates, especially since the ZV plates are now so plentyfull and everyone now knows it's an import anyway.

Of all the people that have bought cars through me, more and more customers have decided to go for showing off the year of the car! :) instead of ZV, especially since it's gone 5 digits for the Dublin area ...
    im with you on the plates !!!

• Advertisement

PaulK_CCI wrote:
    especially since it's gone 5 digits for the Dublin area ...
    Excuse my ignorance Paul, but aren't the numbers assigned for all 26 counties simultaneously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Plates are issued on a county basis some counties were issuing zv plates with 5 digits long before Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

PaulK_CCI wrote:
    especially since it's gone 5 digits for the Dublin area ...
    Traumadoc wrote:
    Plates are issued on a county basis some counties were issuing zv plates with 5 digits long before Dublin.
    I got a 4 digit ZV plate last month when I registered my SL in Santry.
    Got the girl in the VRT office to give me both numbers first so I could choose.

This is one for Corktina...

Yesterday I spotted a grey '80 Ford Taunus LHD near UCD. It was on Irish plates (80-D-xxx or something), and was in very good condition.

I also spotted a white classic Mustang on Californian plates yesterday in Rathfarnham. I think someone here has it. Nice sound out of the V8 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭andyj22

Driving though a little town called castlerea in roscommon and spotted this in the local garage
    Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I saw a beautiful white Citroen in Rathmines last night. 70 D xxxx. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Was at a Classic Car sale yesterday ,at the Woodlands Hotel car park Waterford City .Here are some cars i saw :
    A Hillman Minx,
    452485145_074038676b_b.jpg
    A Ford Corsair :
    452485083_1eec0b9a09_b.jpg
    An E Type :
    452485129_3968dfb06e_b.jpg
    and a Thai girl on a step through motorcycle .( Joke :p )
    449237214_a8e787adaa_o.jpg
    Can not have a load of cars without at least one beautiful girl ,to brighten things up ;-)
    413587376_3a5d4c0af1_b.jpg
    Em,back to cars.Inside shot of the E Type .
    453014763_0510972b6f_b.jpg
    and Reliant Van :
    453014651_9fb83a1607_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭350GT

hi there just thought you might like to see my car :rolleyes: IMG_0482.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭350GT

Here are a few more :DAttachment not found.IMG_0430.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MGBGT2.jpg

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.