Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Not sure what it is, was to far away when i got out onto the balcony and some major zoomage from the phone.
    dsc01695bh7.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

jozi wrote:
    Not sure what it is, was to far away when i got out onto the balcony and some major zoomage from the phone.
    dsc01695bh7.th.jpg

It's a Jensen Interceptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Funny really, i must have seen one before cause as i was posting i had interceptor in mind :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

A pale green Mustang convertible ('64 at a guess) in Monksland, Athlone this morning.
    Not quick enough (again!) with the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Some Jags

• Advertisement

And a Daimler ...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

Must you tempt us so, with such forbidden fruits??!!! are they yours?

superboy wrote:
    are they yours?

Unfortunately not - my own GT6 is languishing beyond economic repair in the UK :(

I also saw this today:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I also saw a Stag on UK plates in Malahaide. It was dirt and wasn't worth a photo IMO !

I did see a beautiful original Irish Reg'd Rolls Royce Silver Cloud 1 near the Airport. Lovely maroon over silver with the reg WZL XXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

OpalMantamk2.jpg

Mike.

• Advertisement

ClassicMerc1.jpg

ClassicMerc2.jpg

ClassicMerc3.jpg

Mike.

Fiat500-600.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

There's an Opel or Vauxhall Manta hatchback, in gold/beige colour for sale just beyond the 2 mile in in Midleton looks in good nick too, I didn't stop to get a price. Where did you see these cars Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Met a load of classic Jags on the road between Ballinasloe and Athlone before lunch today, no chance for photos unfortunately. Mainly UK cars, but I did spot one Dutch registration and one Swedish reg. number, XK 140 on a XK 140 naturally!

Mid afternoon I met another heading north through Headford, I guess the period sat-nav was playing up again! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

Junkyard those pix were taken near Killinick in south Wexford, the site is an equestrian yard, hubby likes to collect old Mercs I've posted a few others of his on this thread before.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Junkyard those pix were taken near Killinick in south Wexford, the site is an equestrian yard, hubby likes to collect old Mercs I've posted a few others of his on this thread before.

Mike

.......ha ...small world ! I've been there, unknown to the owner, his nephew brought me there about 5 years ago. He brings stuff in from Italy, nice cars, that white W111 Coupe was in the shed when I was last there with a W123 Limo outdoors !

Do you know this guy Mike ??

He and his wife know my bosses daughters a bit as they are in the horse game. I've never got the chance for a decent chat unfortunatly.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

DB6, sorry for just the one poor picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

DB6... slobber....

Somehow a DB6 and Woodies seems wrong.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

unless the reg cert for the DB6 says "Mr. Woodie"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That's Carrickmines right?

He must have popped into Halfords to price some 19" alloys. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Hi folks, first post in this thread. I spotted this car in Straffan near the K Club a couple of weeks back. I'm not so sure what it is exactly, but it was gorgeous and the driver was happy enough to push it on across the backroads towards the M7 (and then onto the M7!).

image000lk6.th.jpg

edit: excuse the terrible photo, I should not have been taken one in the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

That looks like an early Jag XK coupe - sweet!!!!

Swiss plate no?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

mike65 wrote:
    Swiss plate no?

yes, Zurich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

superboy wrote:
    That looks like an early Jag XK coupe - sweet!!!!

That's one of the ones I saw coming out of Galway a few days ago, guess it was some Jag owners club doing a tour, they all had Rally plates on at the time, but I didn't get to read them!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do-more wrote:
    they all had Rally plates on at the time
    "Rally plates" - I'm waiting to be enlightened! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

"Rally plates" - I'm waiting to be enlightened! :D

He just means those signs on the cars giving details of the tour or whatever.
    You know, "Jaguar club UK, Classic tour of Ireland" or "East Glamorgan Goggomobil club world tour":D
    They are sometimes mounted on the bumper.

• Advertisement

Lovely 93 BMW...

(And I think this the first time I've got the whole car in a photo :-) )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement