Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Newbie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not for the kid

But, yeah. It gets better once you hit 16 or so and get used to people telling you your mom rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Raphael wrote:
    It gets better once you hit 16 or so and get used to people telling you your mom rocks

Been getting the 'your mom rocks' since I was 11 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Been getting the 'your mom rocks' since I was 11 or so.

heh, my mother's great...she gives me money, lets me go to dublin whenever I want, basically do whatever I want. wahey! :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I want your mother! Just not in that way... And before you can say it, I bet I don't! So ha!

I want your mother! Just not in that way... And before you can say it, I bet I don't! So ha!

But Aoibheann, Eoin and I bet you do!

• Advertisement

damn you!! :p

well, I offered to take you and Marieke in! and then I'll force the parents to move to Dublin...it's a good plan, in theory anyways! :);)

But Aoibheann, Eoin and I bet you do!

wahey, go team betting he does! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

All parents should remember what it's like to be a kid - and stay as young at heart as possible. It's more fun that way too.

Are you my real mother? If not, will you be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I want a mother :(

There's one with decent mileage in good nick on e-bay at the moment Matthew. Full service history and guaranteed another 30 years.

• Advertisement

Thats a car!

*cough

sarcasm and dry wit is wasted on fools

*recover from coughing fit

you were being sarcastic! i never would have gathered that! I'm not that stupid!

*cough

fool!

*end cough

(sarcastic again) (i wish there was a sarcastic button cause text is hard to get across as being sarcastic)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Plunky wrote:
    Actually the original CTYI Line *is* "...father son and Feargal close". cuz well, Asst site director back in the day changed a fair bit, and Sheila isn't a man!
    really it should be "Willie, Seán and Fergal Close...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Yeah really, and no it shouldn't, cuz those were pre-Seán days, and original was best. When we didnae care about asst SDs... ANYway, Feargal is teh one to be admired! Seán and willy? meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Raphael wrote:
    Not for the kid

But, yeah. It gets better once you hit 16 or so and get used to people telling you your mom rocks

actually it gets better around 18 when you spend these weekends in the pub with your brother, father and sometimes mother watching the six nations matches and drinking from their money. but i never said that. sssshhhhh.....

Neil knows the score!

not least cuz he's watching the game

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

crash_000 wrote:
    actually it gets better around 18 when you spend these weekends in the pub with your brother, father and sometimes mother watching the six nations matches and drinking from their money. but i never said that. sssshhhhh.....

Can't wait for the kids to be 18 so. These days they just spend my money of coke and crisps in the pub. Last time I took all of them for an hour or so had to leave the eldest behind and go back for him later cos he was in the middle of a chess game!

the best thing will be when they get to take me for a few pints :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Chess game...in a pub? o_O

• Advertisement

halenger wrote:
    Chess game...in a pub? o_O

Where I hang out in town we have three tv's for sport (one widescreen), covered in smoking area with heater and access to bar service, cards/ chess/dominoes/draughts, and generally a great crowd to chill out with. Al we need is a dart board.

No-one ever gets bored and sat/sun afternoons are easy to fill. I can always bring the kids with me too.

Life in the country is great!

*moves to where she lives*
    that is SO COOL!!!

Only problem is, without much public transport, unless I want to fork out for taxis, have to keep my drinking under the limit. Otherwise, I drink in the village (where we play darts and pool) and the kids can play on the football pitch or walk along the shore or up the mountain.

Is it any wonder I left Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Meh, i'm just going for the leaving Dublin idea myself.

Aye, tis prolly cheaper in the long run...
    Ba_Barbara Anne, you've been PM'd

Plunky wrote:
    Ba_Barbara Anne, you've been PM'd

Well done Plunky.

You have won the dvds. Now you have all our personal information and photos ! :eek:

Does Sam look the part for CTYI? The long hair is his 'teenage rebellion' Hasn't had a scissors at it for over a year.

Eoin, htf did you do that?

Lol don't worry, dublin to mayo is a bit far to be stalking!.. Mind you, next term i'll only have 2 hours of college a week, tops!

Yeah he looks pretty CTYIish, he'll totally fit in!

He used his head (and the boards)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I asked him just there, he went to your previous posts and found a link to your webshots page, that boy should take up stalking!

Advertisement