Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Newbie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

crash_000 wrote:
    oh dear god thats so wrong that i dont even know where to begin :P

/me wanders off to get beauty sleep before tomorrows early lectures. they're so much nicer when its a nap as opposed to exhaustion sleep during em.

elaborate please crash...I'm really enjoying the way this thread is developing. It's an education in itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

what's this kid's name anyway?

and: caffiene has the same effects as herion but on a much milder scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

<all of Ba_barbaraAnne's posts>

Okay you have to come and visit your son/us during CTYI!

The conversations we'll have with your son. :rolleyes: e.g. "Did you know your mam and dad sit up all night drinking coffee and watching DVDs and...," I'll stop there. ;)

Okay you have to come and visit your son/us during CTYI!

The conversations we'll have with your son. :rolleyes: e.g. "Did you know your mam and dad sit up all night drinking coffee and watching DVDs and...," I'll stop there. ;)

That would really make him laugh....... no dad around here! It's the kid and me that chill out together when the younger ones are gone to bed. If our latest orders from amazon arrive today it will be The Meaning of Life tonight, or Red Dwarf series 4 and 5. Have to let the 12 year old join us for that - he bought the Python with his birthday token!

Can't wait for the older lad's birthday - got him the boxed set of Monty Python's Flying Circus. Will have all three of them doing sketches round the house. It's so funny hearing the little one singing Python songs instead of nursery rhymes, and the other two reciting reams of comedy all the time. Their dad would have a FIT if he knew how I'm educating them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

They like the4 Pythons? thats a bonus! he'll fit in

• Advertisement

They like the4 Pythons? thats a bonus! he'll fit in

Thank God! He's a bit of a fish out of water in the village - only 2 other boys his age; and they are only into football and vandalism.

Since moving down here I've met very few people with my interests (none of them local and two of them I met through the boards). I'm lucky my kids have good taste and we can enjoy things together. Little did I know I was bringing him up to be a good candiate for CTYI.
    Zounds wrote:
    what's this kid's name anyway?

You'll have to find out when you meet him. He is desperately trying to develop a cover-story so nobody works out he's mine!

[/QUOTE=Hugh Hefner]Okay you have to come and visit your son/us during CTYI!

I think I'll leave him too it. He tells me he knows how to do the washing. I'll see everyone when I deliver/collect him. I'll be the mother whose son is doing his best to pretent he's not with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

No fair!.. *is rapidly running out of actual people he can pretend to be related to in order not to get thrown off campus during visits*

Is it just me who thinks that Barbara is actually CTYI? Monthy Python Fan, Makes good jokes, clever but not cocky about it. Could she actually be CTYI incarnated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

if so then *worships Ba_barbaraAnne*

An interesting idea, indeed... Isn't there some deity that does that? I mean goes from being ephemereal to corporeal? Or if not, can we make one?

• Advertisement

*picking myself off the floor after falling off the chair laughing*

I shall be a mother goddess to you all! Will accept offerings of Python paraphenalia.

This will absolutely slay my lads. It might even get the eldest to join in this thread. Then he'd be spilling the beans on me!

Emmet - thanks for the lovely compliment.

*falls to knees* *cries*
    Bless us oh holy one! WE'RE NOT WORTHY! (ala Wayne's World)
    *offers collector's edition Life of Brian DVD, complete with postcards, screenplay, and original 35mm frame)

Is the eldest a CTYIer? Or be he too old?.. [mutters]stupidagelimitBAH[/mutters]

Plunky wrote:
    *falls to knees* *cries*
    Bless us oh holy one! WE'RE NOT WORTHY! (ala Wayne's World)
    *offers collector's edition Life of Brian DVD, complete with postcards, screenplay, and original 35mm frame)

Is the eldest a CTYIer? Or be he too old?.. [mutters]stupidagelimitBAH[/mutters]

If you check back to the start of this thread, my eldest is starting CTYI this summer and is almost 14.

He has also asked me to quit this thread as he won't dare show his face on campus. I mean - does any one else have a mother who chats on the boards with students half her age?

Anyway, our new dvd's arrived today so we're having dinner early and sitting down with cream cakes, coffee, chocolate and popcorn for the evening.

(Just to add to my rep - I'm a huge Queen fan since I was 13 and Bohemian Rhapsody is my fav song.)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

He has also asked me to quit this thread as he won't dare show his face on campus. I mean - does any one else have a mother who chats on the boards with students half her age?

if my mom read the boards she'd realise that CTYI was nothing like she had expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Anyway, our new dvd's arrived today so we're having dinner early and sitting down with cream cakes, coffee, chocolate and popcorn for the evening.

Can I come too? I'll be very quiet and worship from the corner or something... Actually I haven't managed to master the whole "being quiet" thing yet, despite being practically mute when I was younger due to painful lack of confidence.
    *hails the splendour of CTYI and its awesome de-shellifying powers*

Caoimhe wrote:
    Can I come too? I'll be very quiet and worship from the corner or something... Actually I haven't managed to master the whole "being quiet" thing yet, despite being practically mute when I was younger due to painful lack of confidence.
    *hails the splendour of CTYI and its awesome de-shellifying powers*

Any friends my lad makes in the summer will be welcome to visit - as long as they don't worship me! To paraphrase Python "she's not a deity, she's a very silly mum!"

As for being quiet - we don't know the meaning of the word in this house. We're usually laughing, singing or generally being rowdy. Only when we all have our noses in books does peace reign.

Series 4 episode 5 is about to start. Gotta go

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Jeebus! If I play cards with your son, and i will, I'm doing a parent swap jobby on him! :D

Jeebus! If I play cards with your son, and i will, I'm doing a parent swap jobby on him! :D

Poker's his game, but no way will I let him go ... don't mind having extra kids around the place, but my little gang stays intact! It will be bad enough having him away for three weeks.

If we didn't have so many pets I'd move us all up to Dublin like I did when he was at junior CTYI. Was a great holiday for me - I put the younger ones in a summer camp at my old school so had a half of every day free. Anyone want a job house and pet sitting in the hols? Or what about house swapping - a free holiday by the sea!

(Just to add to my rep - I'm a huge Queen fan since I was 13 and Bohemian Rhapsody is my fav song.)

She really is CTYI personified! Now as a true test of your ctyiness complete this sentence: 'A long, long time ago....'

She really is CTYI personified! Now as a true test of your ctyiness complete this sentence: 'A long, long time ago....'

'....I can still remember'.

• Advertisement

*falls to knees in awe*

You'll wear a hole in the carpet crawling around like that Gummybearz!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

haha, you're becoming a hero to el little ones :P

*isn't so little anymore, neil!*

'....I can still remember'.

WoW.

crash_000 wrote:
    haha, you're becoming a hero to el little ones :P

And I thought all CTYIers were supposed to be intelligent?

The t is for tsmart!

Goodnight 'children'. I'm going cross-eyed trying to work late. Will go and watch some Red Dwarf and get an early night. Have to finish typing out a 100 page Irish book for a publisher by Friday. Well-paid job, but an absolute bitch to concentrate on. If its done, I can go to Dublin for the weekend. Great incentive!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If you see a bunch of random ruffians being thrown out of somewhere or committing acts of public indecency or lting around the Kylemore committing acts of public indecency come and say Hi! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

the real question is can she finish this line:
    "The three men I admire most..."

Advertisement