Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Newbie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

*wishes he was allowed do it*

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

no helping, that would be cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

*itching to answer*

*would answer if he thought he'd still be whipped after doing so, but is afraid of non-whippage*

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Zounds wrote:
    the real question is can she finish this line:
    "The three men I admire most..."

"...the father son and holy ghost,
    they caught the last train for the coast..."

You'll have trouble catching me out on my fav classic songs. I make sure I practice singing them all the way through every now and then.

• Advertisement

Zounds wrote:
    what's this kid's name anyway?

With all the power of the Internet at your fingers, it would be possible for someone to find out without asking me.

I've got a prize of 'Red Dwarf series 4' for the 1st person to pm me with the correct details.

"...the father son and holy ghost,
    they caught the last train for the coast..."

You'll have trouble catching me out on my fav classic songs. I make sure I practice singing them all the way through every now and then.

*shivers down spine*
    wow, she's good...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Not trying to be bitchy but everyone knoes American Pie!

Not all of it in enough detail to finish an obscure line like that... And also, did she even know what was necessarily in question the 1st time?..

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

"Obscure line"?

• Advertisement

*gets out whip* stop nitpicking! okay so maybe it wasn't THAT Much of an obscure line, but it was 11am, I had just gotten up, forgive me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

um no offence, but shouldnt it be ''sheila, willie and fergal close'', or something to that effect?

witty colm

Actually the original CTYI Line *is* "...father son and Feargal close". cuz well, Asst site director back in the day changed a fair bit, and Sheila isn't a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

On the CTYI board I'm surprised noone pointed that out beforehand. She couldn't be expected to know it but noone else has any excuse!

Heh. I'm going to find your kid and congratulate him on his roots. That's going on my long list of stupid things to do in my last year. :)

Am I on your list of stupid things to do in your last year? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Um...hate to burst your bubble guys, but he's doing marine science. Thats a session one course only.

BRILLIANT!! The session i had no one to pretend to be related to on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Plunky wrote:
    Am I on your list of stupid things to do in your last year? :D

I'll BET you are! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Raphael wrote:
    Um...hate to burst your bubble guys, but he's doing marine science. Thats a session one course only.

Aw no! :( Now he'll never be able to help me on my mission to be the ctyi slut...*sniffle*

• Advertisement

Wouldnt' the ULTIMATE CTYI slut be someone who scores people on BOTH sessions?
    *realises his mom is prolly still reading* uhmm, i mean, uhmm... *runs away*

Ooh look, that was my 400th post! Yay i used it for insightful purposes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vossy

<ignore>

Plunky wrote:
    Wouldnt' the ULTIMATE CTYI slut be someone who scores people on BOTH sessions?
    *realises his mom is prolly still reading* uhmm, i mean, uhmm... *runs away*

So what? I'm fully aware of what teenagers get up to when away from home. Used to go on summer courses from age 11. Can't see my young man being as wild as I used to be... but then again...???

*grumbles at his lack of a (in some senses) cool mother*

Only time'll tell how wild he'll be.. *pulls out Rocky Horror*

Irish summer courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. If he ever reads that he'll be traumatised for life. You know that, right? :D

Ballet and music actually.

I don't think I'm cool - it can be a bit embarassing having a mother who stands out from the crowd (from experience). I just think I'm lucky that my kids share my interests and enjoy a good laugh with me. In public I have to be a bit restrained so the boys won't disown me.

Dear lord a mother who realises that she embarrases her child! its a miracle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll agree with you there. Cool parents make you want to hide in a box

• Advertisement

My mum used to regularly race me to the bus stop. She was an athlete in her younger days, but sprinting up the road at 50+ was a bit much. I've always remembered how I used to cringe in public with her sometimes - wouldn't do that to my kids if avoidable.

Can't resist it sometimes though!

All parents should remember what it's like to be a kid - and stay as young at heart as possible. It's more fun that way too.

Advertisement